So my GF is breaking up with me.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My friends talk about things. Lets say.. we talk about theoretical things. Like, we all get together and do nothing but talk about star wars.

My girlfriend does not. Nor will she ever. If she ever does, it's because she wants to talk to me, and doesn't give a shit about Star Wars.

Now, in those sentences, replace "star wars" with anything. "My girlfriend is cool because we talk about things all the time. We talk about star wars AND star trek. We're totally on the same page."

You're not.

Men and Women are never on the same page. This is human tragedy 4.3. Tragedy 4 is the fact that the moment a Man meets a woman, he doesn't want her to ever change. And the moment that a woman meets a man, she can't WAIT to change him.

That's why women date nothing but douchebags and men dump their girlfriends so soon. If a man meets a girl at the Bar, he wants her to always be that girl he met at the bar. A woman meets a hair farming, unemployed bad-boy guitarist and she SEES that he may a douchebag, but she is wired to "try and change him". That's why beaten women stay with their men. "They can change !" "He's addicted to crack? Well I can change him"

And men are always like "Man, she's changed. She used to be so fun to hang out with."

Men and women will NEVER make each other happy - if they do it's a matter of either win/lose or it's a strange compromise wherein the man gives up anything for a chance to stick his dick in her.

I'm sure you'll all deny what I'm saying. You'll say shit like "Yeah, but not ME" and "My girlfriend isn't like that!" But you're wrong. Flat out, dead wrong. Heff has a 20 year old girlfriend. And any woman you know will fuck Hefner as quickly as any man you know will fuck Elle MacPherson.

The truth hurts, and reality sucks. I'm sorry , buy a fuckin' helmet.

My friends talk about things. Lets say.. we talk about theoretical things. Like, we all get together and do nothing but talk about star wars.

My girlfriend does not. Nor will she ever. If she ever does, it's because she wants to talk to me, and doesn't give a shit about Star Wars.

Now, in those sentences, replace "star wars" with anything. "My girlfriend is cool because we talk about things all the time. We talk about star wars AND star trek. We're totally on the same page."

You're not.

Men and Women are never on the same page. This is human tragedy 4.3. Tragedy 4 is the fact that the moment a Man meets a woman, he doesn't want her to ever change. And the moment that a woman meets a man, she can't WAIT to change him.

That's why women date nothing but douchebags and men dump their girlfriends so soon. If a man meets a girl at the Bar, he wants her to always be that girl he met at the bar. A woman meets a hair farming, unemployed bad-boy guitarist and she SEES that he may a douchebag, but she is wired to "try and change him". That's why beaten women stay with their men. "They can change !" "He's addicted to crack? Well I can change him"

And men are always like "Man, she's changed. She used to be so fun to hang out with."

Men and women will NEVER make each other happy - if they do it's a matter of either win/lose or it's a strange compromise wherein the man gives up anything for a chance to stick his dick in her.

I'm sure you'll all deny what I'm saying. You'll say shit like "Yeah, but not ME" and "My girlfriend isn't like that!" But you're wrong. Flat out, dead wrong. Heff has a 20 year old girlfriend. And any woman you know will fuck Hefner as quickly as any man you know will fuck Elle MacPherson.

The truth hurts, and reality sucks. I'm sorry , buy a fuckin' helmet.

Pretty much, and I seem to remember this is not the first time that Cel has graced us with this particular jewel of wisdom either.

It sucks, but it makes sense. And once it makes some sense, it makes the pill easier to swallow - and perhaps you can steer clear of it.

i totally agree with the changing theory..i was thinking about it the other day when working on my car,,,
i like how girls are the first time you meet them,,thats how i want them to always be..they on the other hand want you to be something your not...

Cel, I agree with you 100%.

She was trying to make it seem like it would be easy to hangout with her while she sat back and "thought things iver". I told her that that would be impossuble for me to do,

oh man. breaking up is hard to do. It sounds to me like she may have met someone else.... girls do that, and then say dumb useless break up shit instead of saying " I MET SOMEONE ELSE" they just dont want to soundn like sluts but in reality ive always apreciated it when a girl was straight forward with me. Ever broken up with a girl who loved u but u still knew she wasnt the one??? It's tough but more fair to let them have the chance to meet "the one" as opposed to leading them on.
Maybe u shud be thankful, what u want might make u cry and what u need might pass u by if u dont catch it.I know that its hard, the girl u need is never far just be real. talk to the cute girl in the organic section at the shopping market. U know her body is her temple and thats a great place to start.

Fuck the friend shit. My .02. My and my ex tried that, but it was like the only reason she stayed friends with me was to remind me of what I had, and to kinda keep tabs on me. She didnt want me, she had another boyfriend, but she wanted to stay close enough that I couldn't lose feelings for her. And I didn't see it. Then we had a fight in September, because she lied to me, and her boyfriend, and we haven't spoken since. I've never been happier.

time to move on dude. i was dragged out for 5 years because of this shit, in love with a girl who didnt feel the same but didnt want to be alone. all the other guys she dated were tragedies going nowhere. ever since i stopped talking to her for good a few months ago ive done nothing but get my head straight, im doing much better at work and billing out more hours because im not hung up on her, im getting my car finished, and im dating this wonderful girl whom i feel i can trust and be myself around.

next that ish. if she needs time to think shes weighing out whether it will be better with your around or not. dont let her dangle sex over your head. my ex did that to me all the time... but it was fucking great sex. its been awhile for me but the wait with the new girlfriend is definately worth it.

I was just at the gym and heard the song "baby don't go".

Literally what you have going on.

You can't figure out whats wrong?

How about you've been in and out of jail and still are cleaning up legal problems when she has a small child around. How do you think her friends or family feel about that and what do you think they say when she talks to them about you. What do you think she believes in her head when she talks about you.

This is the same case as a girl that you would fuck, but would not bring home to mom. Well, you're the male version.

Last edited:
i wouldn't touch heffner. ever. bleugh. he has nothing to offer. however someone with a good heart and a bad past, he might have all kinds of what i'm looking for. i like to think that's because i'm quality, and i'm looking for the same. i'm not a subscriber to the he/she doctrines.

as for 92civic: i don't know you, dude, but it sounds like you're trying to get your shit together and have been for awhile. i'd make that priority 1. put all of the energy and love you put into her into yourself, and you'll find that you attract who and what you need to yourself. if you don't, you're failing yourself and proving to her that she made the 'right' choice. ideally though she'd be able to stick through bad times. it can be a lot to handle though...she's doing what she needs to do.

yours is not to understand why she thinks she needs it. have the grace to let her make her decisions. keep your path steady, that way she can find you again if she feels it.

Nah man, you're completely wrong on this. Her family and friends are completely supportive of me, her friends drove her to visit me and watched her son during the visit< her mom cooked me a coming home dinner. Her family invites me over all the, I was out before the superbowl, and her Dad of all people called me and invited me over.

I've been talkin to her and she says she feels differently but still isn't telling me shit, I got pissed off and started painting the garage floor and purposely left my phone someplace that doesn't get service,

Back