Some questions about boost for F22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbo&Auto

Nick Go FAST!!
I got my car up and running now, no more 18psi or that kinda crazy shit. It was running good at 6psi with the emanage and a set of 450cc DSM's.

Now I upped the boost to 10-12 psi and I get a CEL sometimes if it creeps a lil passed 12.

Also, since it has a distributor and timing isnt controlled by the ECU, how do I retard for higher boost? Just turn the overall timing back with the distributor? Will that make my low end or part throttle run like total shit with high EGT's?

TIA :)

don't know much about emanage but i do know honda MAP sensors are only good to 10. something lbs of boost before they don't know what's going on

i bet if you run codes it'll show #3 for MAP sensor...
the timing is still somewhat controlled by the ECU...
you ever notice how long (in degrees) the rotor is inside your cap?
the computer can tell the coil to send the pulse anywhere in that range of the rotor...
you can alter timing by turning the distributor, or you can use a tuning tool to alter your ignition maps...
turning the dizzy will alter throttle response and low end, but it shouldn't be too drastic...

on a stock map sensor, the amount of boost you can run is limited due to the fact that it doesn't know what to do with it, and throws a code.

OBD0 .65 KG/cm2= 9.24 PSI
OBD1-2 .75 kg/cm2 = 10.66 PSI

if you want more than that, you need to run a GM 3-bar map sensor.

keep in mind, 1 bar is alread used by the atmosphere pressure, so it leaves you about 2 bars give or take your elevation left for boost... about 26-28 psi

from our forced induction section in refrence

Would you happen to know what GM vehicle would have that sensor? Then I could order one at a local auto store. OR maybe you know of a place to get them?

TIA

GM's AC-Delco division has a 3-Bar MAP sensor that was used on the 1989 Turbo Trans AM 3.8L V6. It is P/N 1#213-101 (1#1604-0749).

Mopar Turbo Minivan - 3-Bar MAP Sensor

is your car tuned?
i'm guessing emanage hides the positive manifold pressures from the stock ecu until the stock unit gets above its capable range...
i think you would need to make some modifications to use this MAP sensor...
look at this chart...
3BARv2BAR_Map.gif
http://hhscott.com/93tmv/images/3BARv2BAR_Map.gif

The standard Honda MAP sensor can read boost up to 11 lbs. By using a 3 bar MAP sensor boost up to 28 lbs can be read. The same fuel and ignition tables are used for both MAP sensor to swapping between the sensors is only a matter of wiring the sensor in and using ROM Editor to change the MAP sensor type.
Tech - 3 Bar MAP Install
you need a chipped ECU and uberdata...
or you can hack it and use check valves, but i would not recommend this for your application, cause more boost = more chance of grenading

Thanks for the info. I read a majority of that website, my head is a lil numb now. But that does def. look like the way to go. They're very local for me to, 20 mins from my work.

I sent them a email, just making sure I listed everything I will need. I want to get this going ASAP :)

I talked to Chris over there, thanks again for the links Recked.

I'm going to go with Crome pro and the DIY chip kit. Hopefully they get the Ostrich in soon so I can get this up and running :)

I talked to Chris over there, thanks again for the links Recked.

I'm going to go with Crome pro and the DIY chip kit. Hopefully they get the Ostrich in soon so I can get this up and running :)
chris over where?
i'm guessing you looked at the hondata dealer list and called evans tuning?
i heard good things about them
check out xenocron.com
he's got a lot of tuning stuff for the DIY'ers, and can sell you a socketed ecu, with datalogging etc, he's very helpful...
are you getting it tuned? or doing it yourself?

Sorry, I shouldve been a lil more clear. I contacted Chris over at Xenocron, they're very local for me :)

I bought a DIY chip kit, datalogging cable and a Ostrich Emulator when they're available. Then Crome Pro to tune.

I plan on doing everything myself. I DL'd Crome already and started looking through the program. I plan on doing some reading on the software itself and what the values mean etc....

I've tuned about a dozen cars, FI's and NA's. Thats the best part IMO :)

Sorry, I shouldve been a lil more clear. I contacted Chris over at Xenocron, they're very local for me :)

I bought a DIY chip kit, datalogging cable and a Ostrich Emulator when they're available. Then Crome Pro to tune.

I plan on doing everything myself. I DL'd Crome already and started looking through the program. I plan on doing some reading on the software itself and what the values mean etc....

I've tuned about a dozen cars, FI's and NA's. Thats the best part IMO :)

fucking awesome, chris is the man, very very helpful
can you solder?
and do you have a wideband?
what size injectors do you have? DSM's?

this guy had an ostrich but it might be sold :(
https://hondaswap.com/parts-sale-trade-wanted/fs-obd-1-socketed-datalogging-ecu-ostrich-wb-02-sensor-69950/

I have a set of DSM injectors that I can use in there, but I heard they need modification to work. I also seen the Precision Inj's on Xenocron for 220 a set! I may just pick them up, 440's most likely.

I have a PLX Wideband, EGT, Fuel pres and Boost gauge. I'm also going to add a oil temp and pres. gauge in the near future.

I know a lil about soldering, j/k. We build circuit boards at work for our own parts, I make them from time to time depending on how slow we are. I'm really good with soldering under a microscope :)

Thanks again for the help man, a lot of people just shun you and tell you to read until you figure it out.

DSM Injector Install

DSM injector install write up with pics...
check it out, could save you $200 bucks, and i think your accord already runs the injector resistor box so they are more or less plug and play, don't know about the injector plugs, so you may need to splice them

Thanks again for the help man, a lot of people just shun you and tell you to read until you figure it out.
i think i'm the one who told you about using the DSM manifold in the first place :)
its really nice to see projects roll along, and i like helping people who appreciate it
you could give me rep points :)
lol

I'm still running the DSM manifold and turbo. The manfiold I bought for a T3 flange didnt fit, the turbo flange was less then an inch from the block, NO WAY a turbo would fit in there.

Only partly ripping it apart, mostly ECU stuff now.

BUT, you're right, you turned me onto the whole DSM Honda Hybrid turbo setup :)

These are top quality parts by Xenocron.

If you have never heard of Xenocron hop on HondaSociety, Honda-Tech, HomeMadeTurbo, PGMFI, or any other popular car forum and ask about them. Xenocron's great reputation is because of superior products, knowledge, support and dedication. There are plenty of cheap products that do not perform and do not last. Then there are Xenocron products that ensure your tuning projects get done right and last for maximum enjoyment/minimal hassle.
Buy Xenocron and get satisfaction and peace of mind.
i'd be careful with that, like all things on ebay
you gonna get the burn1 also?

Back