someone help ASAP!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
hey guys i need help. for those who dont know, the car is a 91 CRX Si im trying to put on my jimfab bar, but the bolts that hook to the suspension are hard to get to. i have my car on jackstands right now and im trying to get this done. what i need to know is how can i get to these bolts? do i HAVE to take the strut/spring off? if i disconnect it will it spring down and not let me get it back up when i need to put it all together? someone HELP ASAP!!!!

if you need to compress the spring, you can always jack it up by the lower control arm. that will keep the spring compressed if you need more clearnace than with it extended.

-Chris

no, when the wheel is off the ground the spring isnt compressed (ground control coils), i can move it. but the "fork" that hold it and the strut to the lower control arm are in my way. so can i take just the "fork" off of the strut and lower control arm, or will its pop down from the force of the strut itself? or is there any other way i can get these two bolts off? ive sprayed them with PB blaster but that was to no avail. someone help.

instead of having the car up on jackstands, can you use ramps? dont know if it will help, just a suggestion :blink:

ramps are no good. my car is tool low, and i need to have the wheel off to work with the suspension. keep the suggestions comming guys, i need to get this done ASAP

with stock struts/springs i remember it springing the lca down making it hard to put back up.

but with an aftermarket set up, i dont think the same thing happens.

when my civic was totaled and i took the teins off to put the stock suspension back on, it was a pain in the ass becuase it sprung the lca down. putting the teins in was easy...

hope that gives you an idea.

i think your safe to take the struts out.

i dont wanna take them completely out, i just want to get the forl of them. its in my way. does the strut spring down with any force? im not worried about the springs, just the strut and the little fork that holds it to the LCA. i just want to get the fork off, but im afraid i wont be able to get it back on if i do

You shouldn't have any problems getting them back on. When I put my suspension on, I used my floor jack on the lca to compress my springs (tokico lowering springs). You should not have any problems getting them back on. Try calling/emailing JimFab.

yea im not worried about that anymore. i got the fork off and have if pulled aside so i have room to work with, but now im only 2 bolts away. the 2 that connect the radius rod to the suspension on the drivers side. im working with a crescent wrench right now. my breaker bar is too big and my ratchet doesnt have enough room either. im pulling my ass off trying to get this fucking bolt off, but it wont budge. i have it dowsed in pb blaster right now, im gonna try a crack at it in about 20 minutes. keep the suggestions coming guys, youve been a big help so far.

use a "cheater" on the wrench. A hollow piece of pipe that will slide over the wrench making it longer giving you more torque. BE CAREFUL NOT TO BREAK THE BOLT

When you're ready to put it back together, put a floor jack under the LCA & use the jack to comnpress the spring & hold it back in place whilst you start the bolt back.

good luck.

YES you can unhook the strut fork..nothing will happen it will just hang there and you can move it out of the way...tell me how the jimfab setup works when your done...good luck bro,lucky guy

WOO FUCKING HOO< JIMFAB BAR IS INSTALLED!!!!!. let me tell you that last fucking bolt was a fucking bitch. but i got it all installed now and im gonna head to the shop monday to get it alligned cause its all outta wack now. thanks for all the help guys. pics will be up in a few days/weeks whenever i get some spare time. thanks again to all that helped.

edit: after driving it, it doesnt seem that bad, seems to right a little rougher, probably due to it being more rigid but doesnt pull or anything, ride height is still normal, camber still looks right but still gonna get it alligned though. but im happy.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

i was told by jimfab that if you keep the front 2 bolts off where the radius arms connects to the main bar then measure it out where is fits in normally to the bar, all while the car is on the ground you can find netural setting before you adjust it.
thats what jimfab emailed me when i asked how to find the netural setting before i adjusted it.

GSRCRXsi..get that thing adjusted and get some pics up bro,i wanna know how the car handles now..did you make sure every nut and bolt was torqued properly...just want it to work for you,dont wanna let you forget anything...lucky guy

SiR KiD- thanks a lot i really appreciate it

dragoon- to adjust them i just tightened both bars all the way down onto the heim joints, then on the drivers side (side i happened to be working on at the moment) counted how many turns it took for it to fit snug with my suspension (slightly pulling the suspension). then on the other side i turned it exactly the same amount of turns and bolted it up. so both sides are now exactly the same length. now the car does not pull at all, but i still am gonna get it alligned

kingwilly- i dont have it alligned yet but the bars are very nice. the fit is immaculate, you couldnt ask for a better fit. the ride is slightly rougher, but i dont mind that and you can only really tell over bumps. and i didnt torque the bolts, would be kinda hard to get a torque wrench in there, but they are all tight as shit, i literally tightened them to the point where i cant tighten them any more without breaking something

:cliffs:
:thumbsup: get a fucking jimfab bar! they are badass

i know i know, but no digi cam = no pics, lol. ill get pics but i have to borrow my friends cam and then get the pics from him. and its hard when im running back and forth to school every weekend. school is 4 hrs away for me. im insane comming home every weekend i know, but its to work on my car, lol, and if i have time, see my girl :lol:

Back