Stock Internals Holding 20psi

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

97ExC1T3_To4e

I read through all of these forums and I see everyone afraid of more than 6-10 psi on stock internals.

I've been running a 97 EX with a GSR swap and the following for 12 months now of daily driving and weekly track runs.
Low compression head gasket
cam gears
440cc injectors
apex SAFC
Clutch masters HDCB
Quaife Diff
Turbo kit including: t3/t40E 60 trim turbo, InlinePRO stainless steel exhaust manifold, Turbosmart 38mm wastegate, Front mount intercooler, Greddy Type S bov, FMU, 255lph intank fuel pump, slim line fan
Turbo smart duel stage boost controler, 12 psi street, 20 psi strip
apexi exhaust
And one hell of a tuning job.
All with stock internals
The shop that did the work has multiple cars over the last 8 years still being driven with the same setups

Its all in the tuning

Any opinions?

Nice. What ECU are you running and who tuned it? How many miles does your engine currently have? So you haven't had any problems, yet? I myself am running an LS/turbo with 7 psi. I'm planning on getting it tuned and increasing pressure to around 12 psi with stock internals. My engine is fairly new(22,000 miles) and it's intercooled so it sounds like I won't have any problems bumping it to 12 psi.

dude i do not want to be an ass or anything, but that is seriously putting your motor at risk of blowing... maybe your motor has not blown yet, but trust me it will, and when it does it will not be pretty.

Yes, it is all in the tuning... and 12psi on stock GSR internals isn't really that hard. You're right about people being scared of boost here- I just choose not to say much about it because a lot of the boostaholics are somewhat close minded, plus it's not really my area of expertise. 20psi with your turbo is pushing it though. Hopefully your pistons don't melt under that kind of pressure! Do you know what the new gasket lowered your compression to?

Chipped ECU
inlinepro.com did all the wrench time and the tuning
Compression is 9:1

These guys have been doing this for years and have gotten nothing but your going to F people's cars up. 8 years later they are still doing it with out a single major problem.
I reccomend that unless you are working with someone that is experienced in putting high boost on stock internals to be careful.

Keep in mind that 20psi is more than twice the cylinder pressure of a stock motor. Tuning will keep the motor from self-destructing from detonation, but the bearing life is going to be much shorter with that kind of output. The thing I'd be worried about the most is the stock piston. The skirts have a tendancy to crack under the slightest amount of detonation. I'm sure its worked out so far, but I'd consider a built bottom end in the near future. Besides, Endyn has some super-sweet blower pistons that might take you to the next level of performance.

www.theoldone.com :worthy:

You have been hanging w/the guys at Inline Pro huh?Im going to be pushing 20 lbs myself as soon as I get the front end fixed FROM HITTING THE DOG AND SMOKING THE INTERCOOLER.

INLINE PRO RULES>>>>>>>>>> :worthy:

:bash:

YOUR AN IDIOT, THERE IS NO WAY THAT YOU ARE RUNNING 20 PSI.

DO YOU HAVE A BOOST GAUGE?

YOUR LOOKING AT THE VACUUM SIDE!!! :rant:

YOU ENGINE WOULD SCATTER, WITH OUT INTERNALS YOUR LUCKY TO BOOST 15 PSI.

WHO LETS THESE MORONS USE THE FORUMS ANYWAY?

Originally posted by BIGTYME@Apr 29 2003, 01:44 PM
:bash:

YOUR LOOKING AT THE VACUUM SIDE!!! :rant:

1. 20 psi? Why not?
2. He probably does
3. Are you sure?
4. Noooo.... stock internals can hold 15psi to redline with somewhat decent tuning
5. We let everyone use the boards, unless they do something ridiculously offensive (not just to you) and keep spelling "your" and "you're" incorrectly.

CALM DOWN.

QUOTE (BIGTYME @ Apr 29 2003, 01:44 PM)

YOUR LOOKING AT THE VACUUM SIDE!!!

You don't need to call him names. Besides, I believe him. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. I agree with Calesta, he probably is running 20 PSI. That's kinda dangerous though with stock internals. 20 PSI is pushing it even with good tuning. Who knows, I could be wrong. haha. :lol:

Originally posted by MarkJimenez99@Apr 29 2003, 04:17 PM
YOUR LOOKING AT THE VACUUM SIDE!!!  

Probally was :lol:

So you have been running 12psi daily and 20psi for 12 months?I highly doubt that.
Who the hell runs a fmu and afc together?Fmu's dont even work good with boost past 10psi.

Wheres ur dyno sheet at and an email to the person that tuned it?

s3eaf11a74bafe.jpg

ahole

inlinepro.com did all the work on the car

well gratz to you big dog, im glad you had someone else do all the work on your car for you. As for me, and the few serious tuners out there... we dont let anyone else touch our car. i couldnt get satisfaction from paying some fuck head to do all the shit for me. sell your car and buy a BMW. this stuff isnt for you.

and if you would like, ill race you in my s2000. i think last dyno i pulled 366. give up boy.

How many of you out there have the time and the money to do things wrong???

So I was new at this and went to one of the best to get the work done and learn along the way.

Now on the next one, with the experiences I have learned on this one, I will do it myself.

You have to start somewhere, I chose to start the this way.

Originally posted by 97ExC1T3_To4e@Apr 29 2003, 01:00 PM
I read through all of these forums and I see everyone afraid of more than 6-10 psi on stock internals.

I've been running a 97 EX with a GSR swap and the following for 12 months now of daily driving and weekly track runs.
Low compression head gasket
cam gears
440cc injectors
apex SAFC
Clutch masters HDCB
Quaife Diff
Turbo kit including: t3/t40E 60 trim turbo, InlinePRO stainless steel exhaust manifold, Turbosmart 38mm wastegate, Front mount intercooler, Greddy Type S bov, FMU, 255lph intank fuel pump, slim line fan
Turbo smart duel stage boost controler, 12 psi street, 20 psi strip
apexi exhaust
And one hell of a tuning job.
All with stock internals
The shop that did the work has multiple cars over the last 8 years still being driven with the same setups

Its all in the tuning

Any opinions?

a tuning job? you have to be fucking kidding me. yoru whole car is a joke.

here's whats wrong with your set up.

1- your injectors are way too small for 20 psi on a gsr on a 60 trim t3/t04e. you simply HAVE to be leaning out, due to no fuel.
2- wtf did you tune with? the safc???? please. the VAFC-hack won't even SUPPORT more than 11 psi- regardless of your map sensor, because the voltage will go too high.

you, my friend, and just another fucktard ricer who thinks he knows whats up, but in fact, has no fucking clue.

and as for inline pro- fuck them. they go around talking all kinds of shit about being great tuners, and blah blah. but you knwo what, they fucking suck. I've heard of SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many horro stories of customer's cars blowing up on the dyno.

Tempest > inlinehoe

yeah man, if i were you, i'd look else where.

don't take my word for it. do a search on H-T for inline pro disasters. they make godo manifolds, and thats about it IMO

:eek:

DAMN!! IM WITH PISSEDOFFSOL.

HE IS RIGHT WITH THOSE INJECTORS YOU CANT RUN 20PSI, AND YOU WOULDNT BE ABLE TO START THE CAR WITH THE 440'S , FIRST OF ALL THE SAFC WILL ONLY CUT OUT 50% OF THE FUEL, AND THE 440'S ARE TOO BIG. YOU ARE GOING TO EITHER RUN TOO FUCKING RICH OR YOU WILL JUST FLOOD YOUR CAR.

AND AS FOR THIS UNLCE CHRIS GUY .... HE SOUNDS LIKE A HOMO!

HIS CAR IS PROBABLY STOCK, AT MOST HE HAS SEATBELT PADS AND THOSE LIGHT UP VALVE STEM CAPS.

S2000'S ARE WEAK ANYWAY :ghey:

Back