street racing on discovery

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The discovery channel is going to have a show documenting street racing. I think it's going to include some mechanics building up two street cars...and also letting the owners of the two cars drag race "real", as the commercial defined,drag cars... no not top fuel dragsters, although that would be insane to see, but some type of imports... i may be wrong about a few things because i just caught the end of the advertisement... Thought some of you may take interest...its on feb 9th at 9pm

Yeah i seen that comerical to it looked coo, but from some reason those two borthers bug me, its like they know there shit but they embrace the ricer scene to much for me not to mention that got that MAD TIGHT JDM LINGO but the show might be cool anyways.

American Chopper is on at 10, plus monster garage hasnt done a new one in forever....

The culture of street racing is an urban phenomenon that's spreading across the globe. Meet the kids spending loads of time and money gearing up their first cars to transform them into lighter, faster, louder and flashier drags.
hahaha

is it gonna have the two gay twin guys from super 2ner??? i hope not............

yea, i saw that advert too...

from what i saw they take 2 guys with normal cars and tune the shit out of them and then let em run 1/4's with their "new" car...

looks cool to me...
looks better than monster garage if they're good at what they do..

what makes that better than monster garage? Last time i checked jesse james is good at what he does and better yet good at anything he does

hmm, didn't see the commercial but I hope it's not close to that fucking SuperDuperTunerTV Twin shit, I find myself watching the Truck and V8 shows and actually learn from them rather than watch any of the import relating, midnightclub diggin, JDM for shizzlle hollering, whaterves.

It looks good...I just hate the whole giving ricers more air time thing. All I can hope for is that they have cars that are built for speed and not all that bling bling neon shit.

Originally posted by beau_safken@Feb 4 2004, 02:43 AM
It looks good...I just hate the whole giving ricers more air time thing. All I can hope for is that they have cars that are built for speed and not all that bling bling neon shit.

Well those twin dudes did build a turbo supra engine from scratch...

Yes I've watched it, Tivo suggested it. :)

uhm..

what makes that better than monster garage is hopefully the lack of drama...

jesse james is cool and all, but he really is a bitch about shitting on people trying to share ideas... and he did a fucking auto zone commercial...

side note...
anyone see the jesse james set of mac tools?
that shit is pretty hot, all black tools with laser etching, and a hot box too...

Anybody see that new show RIDES? I think its pretty cool. Ive only seen two but they both were better than any of those TNN shows. Discovery ownz! They had one with a IS300 with a ES430 V8 in it pretty cool. And the othr show was a tribute to shelby RIDES=:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back