1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swapping B16A into ZC carb'd '93 integra

Discussion in 'Integra' started by blonky, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blonky

blonky New Member

My vehicle is a 1993 DC6 4 door integra, 1.6L carb manual.
    The engine is stuffed so I'm looking at B16 vtec engines to swap in.

My questions are what sort of motors should I look for and will the gearbox bolt straight up?
    I believe I will require a motor with OBD1 due to its year....does this apply to carburated motors?

2. myah

myah Neu Impact Performance

first your gonna have to have the wiring harness for the new motor and the ecu so those should be somethings that you should look for in buying the motor or yeah and if it has the tranny and you better be good at wiring and have a good diagram to rewire you car

3. blonky

blonky New Member

4. myah

you could find a b17 for that it's a 92-93 gsr motor its a badass motor but kinda hard to find or you could just find a ls motor and go ls vtec and run a p28 ecu and that would work

5. blonky

blonky New Member

The problem is that because mine is carburated, the fuel lines are different and so it the gearbox, along with a couple of other things.
    So I would need at the very least a new motor, dizzy, gearbox, fuel pump, axels, fuel lines, fuel tank, looms, ecu, gauge cluster.......

I was quoted $4000NZ to convert to a B16a vtec ($7000US?) including parts - might aswell buy an Integra XSI 1.8L VTEC for that price!

6. myah

yeah i got a 95 gsr with a 99 gsr motor and a type r tranny it kicks ass pretty much with some mods

7. Topgun357

Topgun357 Junior Member

ZC Carb to B16 Vtec wiring diagram needed..please help

8. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Start your own thread moron. Don't bring back shit from two years ago...

9. Topgun357

Topgun357 Junior Member

BrutalB83..why are you calling someone whom you do not know a moron because I asked a question? It shows your insipid mentality and IQ. I honestly think your parents should get a refund. Hope I my friends see you speeding in MI.

10. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

I called you a moron because you clearly are. The conversation in this thread ended two years ago, and you just brought it back from the dead, congratulations. Once a thread becomes more then a few months old a little red note appears at the bottom saying "This thread is X months old, consider posting a new topic instead." Did you miss that?

The original conversation isn't even talking about the same thing you want to do. The guy was from New Zealend and had a carburetted ZC engine in a 90-93 chassis, something we don't have here in the US. You're looking for info on a B16 swap into the 86-89 chassis, not the same thing.

Just start a new thread, don't bring two year old conversations back to life...

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  11. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

read teh date before you post.. :locked2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.