t3 oil lines on b16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

esp4life

ok, so i'm about to start the "planning" phase of FINALLY putting my diy turbo kit on. 2 things that i am nowhere near 100% clear... oil feed and water cool lines. i have a rinky dink t3 and am not sure of where/how to run the oil feed line to it. also coolant lines. feed from where? i assume that i will be routing the coolant into the overflow tank for the radiator? i apologize if this has been discussed multiple times, but i have searched many different sites/forums and can't find a clear answer. descriptive directions would be appreciated, pictures would help a ton too. thanks in advance. :worthy:

For the coolant line splice into the line at your throttle body. Cut the coolant line put in coupler and run it to your turbo feed. Then on the return line, take that to the other end of the line you cut by the the throttle body and attatch with a coupler.

As for the oil lines you can do two things; get a sandwhich adapter for the oil filter or a fitting from stealthmode that goes in between the oil pressure sensor and your block. Take the oil from either of these two options and then tap your oil pan for the return. Remeber that your return is gravity based so no kinks and make sure the tap in your oil pan is below the fitting on the turbo. Check out homemadturbo.com for more info or check out htechs sticky in their turbo forum.

Hope this helps :)

I wouldn't bother with the coolant lines. just leave them open. Just buy an oil line kit from www.lsdmotorsports.com It has everything you need to tap from the oil pressure sending unit and has oil return fittings and hose as well.

agreed, oil cooling is not needed, or i also wouldnt recommend it, your heating up the core temp of your engine via the turbo.

bah, nothing but oil cooling for me

I would get teh oil lines from stealthmodeperformance.com Thats where I got mine. It comes witha tuner toys block fitting and everythign else that you need. I didnt use the barbed fitting on my pan though. I went ot a hardware store and bought a 1/2" od threaded pipe and welded that to my pan.

Dont forget to weld the fitting BETWEEN the bolts on your pan, so you dont block any.

You also will need to rotate your center cartridge to get it in teh correct position to drain the oil efficiently.

cool, thanks for the input! so, in response to the water cooling lines, i shouldn't worry about using them? will i need to plug them up, or is it ok to just leave them be? i also have a b18a oil pan that i planned to use so i can still drive my car while i get everything ready for install. this pan will bolt right up, correct? once again, i apologize if these are questions that have been answered countless amounts of times, but i would rather be real clear on what i need to do than to be second-guesing and screw something up. thanks again!

just leave them alone. no need to do anything to them.

Back