the better engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dixonsi

Hello im new two the Honda seen and ive been trying to find out what would be a better swap for my 2000 civic si. The car i had before my civic was a 96 maxima,and if any one of you has ever driven a maxima you know that they are fast and have alot of torque, something my civic si is not. dont get me wrong my si is just as fast as my maxima but i got alot of stuff done when my maxims was stock with a pipe. i find my self down shifting to pick up speed when in my max it had tq to do the same with out down shifting. now my question to you is what is a better swap Ls/Vtec or Crvtec? i have heard alot about the frankenstein,but i have a friend with the ls/vtec. hes got the same set up as my car(headers,CAI,cat back,stage 2 clucth,short shifter,and test pipe,)but hes got type R cams. he out runs me only in 4th gear,do to his LS tranny.what im thinking is the LS/vtec better in a civic do to a lighter car or will it be the same? And will the Crvtec be better in My civic then the Ls/vtec? as of right now my civic is not a joy to drive to me b/c of the low tq im hoping to get that with the swap. can any one help me with this?And would the swap be easy for me b/c i have a B series vtec set up in my car now?

well if you wont tork put a h22a in there but other than that i would go with crv/vtec because out of the b series the crv has more tork then all the b series besides the type r. but why dont you just turbo your stock motor

i was thinking of that but i woul rathe go all motor first. and the reason i dont go with an h22 or some other bad ass motor i b/c i already have the b16 for the head and all the other parts. but on that note you are sure the crvtec would be better then th ls/vtec? or what about the poor man type R?

well it is my opinion but the facts are the crv has more tork than any other b series besides the typer r so it will have more tork on bottom and more hp up top. put your si head on there and off you go

is the ls/vtec in a integra faster then the type R? same for the crvtec? doesnt the b20 produce more tq then the type R

Last edited:
no the crv has 133 ft tork and the type r has 134 but the type r has more hp so i think the crv vtec will get it out of the hole, then the type r will win but if you put a type r head on it then i think the crv/type r will win

yes the type r has more hp but the b20 as low conperson put the b16 head on and it will raise the comperson to get more hp

like i said im new to all this honda stuff im not trying to prove you wrong b/c im sure your fart knows more then me. .lol.

its cool that how you learn is by asking

im not a fan of them if i was gona do any head swaping on any b series it would be the crv/vtec

im sorry i still new to this site i lost what we were talking about how do i get it back i was using the Quick reply and went to a nother page and came back and they were not there

Back