The Black 89

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the new ones are actually really badass... i got pulled over by one a few months ago and the sop just gave me a warning for a seatbelt, then he let me check out the car when i asked if i could. Sat there for like 15 minutes doing a lookthrough.. checked out the motor and theres some pretty advanced shit going on in there. It's actually a very well constructed car... at least until some SHO enthusiast decides to tear it all down lol

Last edited:
taurussho1.jpg

ImageCache

100_2459JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg

2010_ford_taurus_sho_awd-pic-3953102243535750242.jpeg

I would love to close this thread but its a good place to keep the sho and taurus shit from polluting other threads.

For the record, I'd consider buying a new SHO since A, It's not a 20 year old shit box, and B, it's a nice car.

However I honestly can't get passed the name. Ford screwed up by keeping the Taurus name.

For the record, I'd consider buying a new SHO since A, It's not a 20 year old shit box, and B, it's a nice car.

However I honestly can't get passed the name. Ford screwed up by keeping the Taurus name.

I dunno... their sales picked back up as soon as they switched back from that awful "Ford Five Hundred" name.

They went from ford diarrhea to the ford turd.

Five hundred was a horrible name.

Also didn't they switch it back when the market was on an upswing? A lot of car companies were hurting really bad for awhile.

I dunno man, You gotta drive one of these things.

New Fords are awesome. And by new, I mean the 05 Mustang on up. Europe still gets the best (The Euro Focus has been a number 1 car for almost a decade out there).

The 500 hundred was "ok", but a bit of a tub. Very nice on the highway. Others aren't that exciting, but since Ford had to get it's shit together or go out of business, they have been making correct decisions.

The SUVs are still annoying as hell (What, like 12 SUV models or some shit?) but the Edge and the boxy thing are really neat.

I agree fords been doing a great job.

What I'm saying is no matter how nice the Taurus is, I couldn't buy one based in the name.

With a starting price of $39k there's too many other cars I'd rather be in that isn't a Taurus. Ford really should have called it the ford SHO or given it a whole new name all together. Drop that Taurus title.

I dunno man, You gotta drive one of these things.

New Fords are awesome. And by new, I mean the 05 Mustang on up. Europe still gets the best (The Euro Focus has been a number 1 car for almost a decade out there).

The 500 hundred was "ok", but a bit of a tub. Very nice on the highway. Others aren't that exciting, but since Ford had to get it's shit together or go out of business, they have been making correct decisions.

The SUVs are still annoying as hell (What, like 12 SUV models or some shit?) but the Edge and the boxy thing are really neat.

They finally started using their "euro designers" on their NA brand and really hit the ground running. Coupled with good R&D a lot of their stuff is pretty savvy looking. My company did something similar with our european counterparts that we received through purchasing. Technology/industrial design sharing is amazing across certain platforms.

Nothing to do with the above, I really want a 2013 mustang gt. REALLY want.

Most are... :rimshot:

Isn't that your old one? I thought he was trading you shells.

I agree fords been doing a great job.

What I'm saying is no matter how nice the Taurus is, I couldn't buy one based in the name.

With a starting price of $39k there's too many other cars I'd rather be in that isn't a Taurus. Ford really should have called it the ford SHO or given it a whole new name all together. Drop that Taurus title.

They did that, and wound up with the 500 !

Make up yer mind !

Yeah. It'll be interesting with independent rear suspension.

Hell I kind of want a used one.

Mustang vs M3

Back