The more I talk about bikes...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reverse shift or reverse adapter kit.

scroll down on the link. i couldn't find it for the 250 though.

Attack Rear Sets

Heal-toe shifter FTW. I wouldn't get any type of shifting mod, I would get so confused after shifting the standard way for so damn long. My pops did install one on his Goldwing and it was cool, but too much change for me.

I may have a ninja 250 within the next month.... Bike jack! :ph34r:
they are fun little bikes. i think i'm going to use it as my new pickup line when i'm on mine.

"hey, do you like bikes? i'll teach you to ride. i have an extra bike and all the gear"

You should get a bike. This week I've been reading nothing but forums of people dying.

IT's the first week of riding weather here in the NE, and I know for a fact that people aren't used to looking for bikes yet.

Not like they ever are, but it's worst in the first few weeks.

i know what you're sayin Steve. I can't wait to get mine either. Turns out my friends brother is going to sell me the bike for what he owes on it. He bought it for 4k from a friend about 3 years ago and said it'll be a steal. 10k, no frame damage (has been laid down at about 5mph and he replaced the broken plastic), new mirrors (kind of gay cf but whatever), slip on V&H muffler, new chain, and fender eliminator. He's gonna teach me and show me how to ride and the proper way to do everything. Im going to take it real slow since it is a 600cc and im not into showing off or going balls out. Go VT for not requiring a license to ride!!!!

/jack

Last edited:
You should get a bike. This week I've been reading nothing but forums of people dying.

IT's the first week of riding weather here in the NE, and I know for a fact that people aren't used to looking for bikes yet.

Not like they ever are, but it's worst in the first few weeks.
That sucks, thanks for the warning. Good thing it's riding weather here in the middle of winter =D. Bikes and huge trucks are in their masses in south FL all year 'round. That thought may be scary, but half the trucks here have the "Watch for Motorcycles" bumper stickers. Most people here are very generous towards bikers except for your typical asshat rednecks that drive older Mustangs and Camaros with a Dale Earnhardt sticker on the back.... No offense to anyone I described unless you live in Martin County =X

i know what you're sayin Steve. I can't wait to get mine either. Turns out my friends brother is going to sell me the bike for what he owes on it. He bought it for 4k from a friend about 3 years ago and said it'll be a steal. 10k, no frame damage (has been laid down at about 5mph and he replaced the broken plastic), new mirrors (kind of gay cf but whatever), slip on V&H muffler, new chain, and fender eliminator. He's gonna teach me and show me how to ride and the proper way to do everything. Im going to take it real slow since it is a 600cc and im not into showing off or going balls out. Go VT for now requiring a license to ride!!!!

/jack

What is it ?

00 honda cbr600f4 red/black "banana" seat (as jeffie referred to it as) and carb'd.

Realistically, beginning of May is when i should get mine. :D sooo 4 1/2 weeks :p

edit: oops, i meant to say "Go vt for noT requiring a license to ride" in my above post

oh it does. rt 17 is awesome but i wont be goin on that for a while lol. Ask e, b, or chris about it... its f'n sweeeet.

Any road in vermont is a good road to ride on i bet, the scenery up here is beautiful. Simply going from Burlington to Middlebury (rt 7) to castleton (rt 115? somethin like that) is a great scenic road. Farms, mountains, fields, woods... its all there.

The problem in Vermont is Vacationers from New York.

tell me about it. Although, Burlington isn't really that bad. Just gotta watch out for the asshole college kids in their suv's from Jersey. And winter isn't too bad since there are no mountains within an hour of Burlington.

Middlebury, Woodstock, Stowe, Killington, and Manchester are the worst, though. I try to stay out of those towns as much as I can. Winter in those towns is mobbed. Thank god the only real tourist time up here is leaf season.... fuckin peepers.

Are you getting the Ninja at the sale price? I swear I saw a big campaign for Kawasaki.

Were you able to talk them below MSRP? Did you get them to throw in an extended warranty and/or gear? If so, details! I'm wondering because I'll be stopping by shops next week or so and want to know if I need to add an extra hint of manipulation to my buying tactics.
Sorry if you posted some of this info in another thread, I didn't see it if so.

No, I didn't bargain at all. I'm wrapping up the sale tomorrow, so I'll see what I can do then. These guys are really nice.

It's $3000 out the door, and they'll finance gear. I'm not one to argue. Maybe, however, if I could save $300 and buy a camera for it.... hmmm...

oh i guess its only if your financing. They have a 2 year rate of 6.99 then jumping to 10.99 after that. But if you can pay it off in two years it might not be too bad. oh wait, ninjas arent applicable. Nevermind. :p

Back