The more I talk about bikes...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

No, that's the deal. 7% for 2 years. I have $2000 being financed ($2000 down, the rest is gear allocated)

damn thats good. I hope you can insure a bike only during the months your using it like you can do with a car.

damn thats good. I hope you can insure a bike only during the months your using it like you can do with a car.
Nope doesn't work that way, at least I haven't found it around here.
The insurance companies say that they factor that in and thats included in their rates.

everyone i know has had the option of a 5 month or 3 month layover period (nov 1-april 1 / dec 1-march 1) of full year riding coverage
basically for the time of the layover your bike is not insured for road use... its still covered for if something happens to it (theft, fire, etc) but you cant ride it on the streets... obviously with full year you can ride and are covered for street use all year

this somewhat makes sense for people in the northern part of the country seeing that you dont really want to ride in the winter (although this year it was 70 in Jan) its generally too cold and theres usually too much sand and shit on the road

the payment per month was the same all year... but the longer the layover period the lower the payment would be

I concur.

So in recap: My car insurance is $100 a year for the Vega. My bike insurance is $331, which wouldn't be covered in my home insurance. And my upcoming Subaru will be covered from my house policy, which I was quoted at $300 a year, full coverage.

The Vega is covered, but not "really" covered. It's covered for damage but only if I am on the way to a car show. Grundy.

Damn, I'm kinda syked for you. Congrats, gl, and be safe.

I just went and sat on a 250 earlier tonight, and I like the feel of it. Both feet touch fine, and my heals are barely off the ground. I fit fine on the 500 as well, but nothing else really ='(. Because payments will be so low, I think I'm gonna have to go with the 500 REALLY soon. I need to find a place that will let me test drive both of them before I buy though. Either way, they seem to be the best deal for bikes I can fit on without going too fast. DAMNIT, CELERITY! You got me spending my money now!

zx7.jpg

Well, the thing is that I hate Kawasaki. On every Yamaha my brother and I owned, we had better pickup, top end, and durability than our friend's Kawasaki's and when I bought a Kawasaki, I knew it was true. I'm disappointed in their dirt bikes and can't get the thought out of my head that their motorcycles will be no different. Honda and Yamaha make awesome bikes, but they're so much more expensive ='(. You get what you pay for =/

I wish.

Off to do a liftkit. Talk to ya later.

probably out riding the bike.

Speaking of riding the bike.....

It's been beautiful the past week. Every day I got to ride. Now you can't complain about Western Washington weather because its been rocking lately for riding.

On my break I went to check out the 2007 Triumph Daytona 625. Awesome little thing. They had a monster 620 and a duc 996 on hand, but weren't selling and they wouldn't tell me why.

I also sat on and checked out a 2007 Goldwing. Holy hell.

Back