the winter storm thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
well, 2 days ago, it was rain/wintery mix.... little accumulation at best.

this morning, they are saying 12-18".

wtf? how does a storm change so much in such little time?

either way, i hope it snows like a bitch! :)

get some use out of the scuba doo.

you hope it snows because you work from home...

i took the suby into the office today. they are saying its not supposed to start till 8pm, but i can't trust a weatherman as far as i can throw him.

the local station just changed:

fuck, now its midnight to midnight wednesday.... and up to 2 feet.

Severe Weather Storms and Flood News, Weather Alerts, Video and Photos – NBCWeatherplus.com

but the weather channel still says 4-6 inaches and wintery mix.

wtf?

Today
blank.gif
Tonight
blank.gif
Tomorrow
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
Tips to Stay Warm
blank.gif

30.gif

Partly Cloudy High
24° F
blank.gif
Precip: 20%
blank.gif

blank.gif
Some sun this morning with increasing clouds this afternoon. Cold. High 24F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph.
blank.gif
blank.gif

16.gif

Snow Low
17° F
blank.gif
Precip: 80%
blank.gif

blank.gif
Cloudy with snow showers this evening and steady snow likely after midnight. Low 17F. Winds ENE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 4 to 6 inches.
blank.gif
blank.gif
Tips to Stay Warm
blank.gif

7.gif

Wintry Mix High
33° F
blank.gif
Precip: 100%
blank.gif

blank.gif
A wintry mix of precipitation in the morning will become mainly rain and freezing rain mixed in the afternoon as winds pick up. High 33F. Winds ENE at 20 to 30 mph. Snow accumulating 2 to 4 inches. Significant icing possible.

we have a "blizzard warning" here in Fort Wayne, Indiana and surrounding areas. we are supposed to get 10-16" of snow total accumulation by tomorrow (wednesday). more than likely it wont be a minitruckin day tomorrow... :(

well...even if it only snows 2" ill be happy.....i just bought a 1989 mazda b2200 that could use some fun in the snow.....i herd west haven is supposed to getabout 12"...ill just get stuck then..lol^_^

12" isn't that much. with people diriving on it, and the ocassional plow, there's usually less than 4" of depth on the actual driving surface.

yup, midnight to midnight for us. looks like i will have tomorrow off :)

When your job is basically you driving around all day 4" is a lot to deal with in a minivan.

Couple that with idiot drivers without headlights on, plows working 12 hour shifts and not being able to keep up with just the DRIFTING from the 35 mph gusts on top of the new snow falling visibility is less than 1/4 mile.

There's a level two snow emergency for all of Allen county now. I get to work and 20 minutes later my brother says "we have nothing to do, everyone go home... except for you James, stay to answer the phones until we get back"

I said fuck that, we had 3 calls. 1 for an employment application, one was Sharons husband and the other was Kathy's exhusband.

wtf? fuck this. I'm going home.

1 inch tonight, suppose to get 10-15 tomorrow with 30mph winds.

i doubt we'll get that much, the lake pretty much protects us to an extent.

Wtf, I want an ice storm =(. It hasn't snowed here in about 40 years... Who will let me stay at their place for a weekend? I'm in need of a road trip anyhow. I offer money and/or my body. I'll have you all know Plan B is reserved for females or anyone with a convincing wig.

Wtf, I want an ice storm =(. It hasn't snowed here in about 40 years... Who will let me stay at their place for a weekend? I'm in need of a road trip anyhow. I offer money and/or my body. I'll have you all know Plan B is reserved for females or anyone with a convincing wig.

Anyone is invited to my place. And I smell pretty.

wheres the snow?..... still clear and sunny out...

and I was thinking about taking tonight off to chill....but if the roads are still clear at 11:30...then I got to go to work....:(

Back