Thinking of going DSM...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

to street racers which is gay.

build a car to enjoy it

Well, I've heard arguments from the H side and only a few from the other side. I don't know. I'll have to think about this. Maybe I'll go on a DSM site and tell them to give me reasons to go DSM. If they can spell...
And about that crankwalk problem. I've talked to a few people about it and they said just buy the six bolt main race block. That sounds expensive.
I'll probably have to snail around in the stratus for another year or so, at least till I can save some money. As some of you may have heard, I put my mom's buick in a hole Friday night and I have to pay for a new rear driver's side suspension and new bumper... Don't ask...

This is from my experience:

I sold my "blue EGG" to get some debt out of my SS and then I thought that I would just buy a DSM to you know get cheap power. Well I got 8k for my hatch, spent about 2500 on an Talon Tsi, now to make the long story short I sold the fucker in one month, the car would leakin 1 quart a day, I couldn't find the leak, neither could my mechanic. I put some little nick nacks on it such as kn filter, hacked maf, and bushur intercooloer piping.

Chances are I think you will have problems in the long run, yes they run great times, yes they are fun, but they just break down A LOT...

Once I sold the dsm I got yet another hatch for reliability. Now I am just waiting till I fucking find a nice 240.

Now my view on 240's, they won't be whored out like hondas, simply put - and B will agree - there just aren't that many made, 240's weren't produced since 98.

I give jumbo thumbsup for loco's choice on the celica, nice car, clean and fast.

If you want turbo AWD, go with a Celica AllTrac or a used WRX. Neither has near the maintenance troubles of a DSM.

DSMs are for people with flexible budgets. Large, flexible budgets. Also, if you are planning on race building a DSM, I'd also plan on having a daily driver.

Well- even my buddy with the huge flexible budget didn't want to deal with the DSM anymore. He's got an 800hp Supra in his garage now that he's building up... that's his kind of budget- and the DSM was still too much of a headache for him.

I know if I went DSM, my budget would be strained. I'm in school and I really don't have many bills. I'm thinking I could save around 8 grand in a year or so. I'd just have to force myself to save. And I was wrong, there are 2 turbo eclipses around here, both run 13's. One is a Gs-T, one is a Gsx. And neither one of them has broke a tranny, they've just gone through SEVERAL clutches. I can handle a clutch every few months. That won't be so bad...

:lol:

Ok guys. I've been talking to my friends around town and the turbo DSM owners and here is my decision.

s3f6694e735b7a.jpg

Sorry, but the H camp is not impressing me at all. I talked on the DSM boards and they weren't very helpful. They just made fun of Honda's. I think I'll look better in a turbo'd Dsm than a Crx. My dads friend owns a tranny shop. The broken tranny's shouldn't be too hard on me.

Thanks for all the input.

I'll still post here. I know you guys are real excited about that!

Peace

JDMilan

Just kidding!!!

Chris

another one bites the dust.

enjoy working on it.
you won't enjoy driving it very much

its kinda like a harley

i guess i'm the only one that has witnessed MULTIPLE daily driven DSM's that run 13s-10s and don't have shit for problems?

also, breaking shit like trannys and halfshafts and differentials is a combination of things gone wrong, driver error and tire choice.

Originally posted by BlackJDMdeath@Sep 16 2003, 07:03 AM
i guess i'm the only one that has witnessed MULTIPLE daily driven DSM's that run 13s-10s and don't have shit for problems?

also, breaking shit like trannys and halfshafts and differentials is a combination of things gone wrong, driver error and tire choice.

Or the fact that the trannies arent engineered to withstand the added torque/horsepower.

The trannies are weak, only way to go around that is to go aftermarket.

Originally posted by khrisb@Sep 16 2003, 12:50 AM

I'll still post here. I know you guys are real excited about that!

Peace

JDMilan

Just kidding!!!

Chris

:wtf: :ghey: :doh: :whocares:

***UPDATE***
I meant to post this earlier, but it slipped my mind.
I checked with the insurance company today about how much insurance would be on either a Gsx or a GsT. For me, $329 a MONTH! I guess those tickets finally showed up. That would be more than I could stomach. Ins.+car payment=No food for you!!! Guess I'll stay with Chrysler for another short while and if I still wanna go fast in a few months, I'll go pick up a used Honda and mod that beast out. Still fighting with motor choices. We'll get that straightened out.

Peace

"Back in the H camp" Chris

Cool, I get to :owned: page 4 as well!

Back