Todays Math Lesson...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

One Stop Customs

p.s. math lesson: teaching 4th graders about radius, diameter, and circumference

I had to draw a head of me and name it, Mr. Moreno head so that kids could understand the lesson quickly...

from the nose to the ear is what? raduis
from ear to ear is what? diameter
from forehead to chin, to ear to ear is what? Circumference...

SMART KIDS!!! (not really but they're cute LOL)

hey, the kids learned, so I will be using mr. Nacho head once again hahaha I think the teacher thought I was crazy, but what she tried teaching in 1 hour, i taught them in 10 minutes with spanish and spanglish and mr. moreno head LOL :worthy:

forehead to ear to chin to ear and back to forehead?

but that sounds pretty cool?
are you a teacher? becoming a teacher? student aide? or something?

I don't recall my classmates ever having an issue understanding the terms when a circle was simply drawn.

What brought this on ?

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Feb 2 2005, 10:57 AM
I don't recall my classmates ever having an issue understanding the terms when a circle was simply drawn.

What brought this on ?

-> Steve
[post=455164]Quoted post[/post]​

Attention Deficit Disorder.

since after I recieved my double bachelors, the jobs I was looking for were all on freeze, and still are... I kept my job as a teachers aide... its the coolest job ever, i.e. if you like working with kids, very rewarding... plus its 2.5 miles away from my house and its the elementary school where I once attended also LOL...

But yes, the teacher was frustrated bc she didn't know how to explain it to them. She's chinese-american, and the kids are all central-american or mexican. So she gave up and said, Mr. Moreno help me out and teach them in spanish... So i got up, and really, in a kids perspective, it is confusing if you do not know or have never seen this type of question...

So since the math equation involves 2 parts, we all have two sides to a face/body... so that's how Mr. moreno head became to be LOL... Hey kids learn, so its all good.

When I had my lowrider, and I was helping teach in the 5th grade class, I would bring the lowrider to school and we would use it for math hehee...

14 batteries @ 12 volts each equals how many volts?

Boy, kids get interested and learn quicker when its hands on LOL

Originally posted by Battle Pope+Feb 2 2005, 11:01 AM-->
@Feb 2 2005, 10:57 AM

What brought this on ?

-> Steve
[post=455164]Quoted post[/post]​

Attention Deficit Disorder.
[post=455171]Quoted post[/post]​

a.k.a. language barrier... confussion of two languages at the same time...

For a real-world math lesson, teach them about negative numbers.

'Okay kids, if you have 98 cents in your bank account, and you use your debit card at McDonald's for $8.95, you now have -$37.97 in your bank account!'

This could also be effective in teaching them about fucking bullshit overdraft fees.

:huh:

edit: Betcha can't guess where I ate for lunch today, and how much I spent! Blah...

Why in dear god did you spend $8.95 at a McDonlads?

That's why they invent $1 menus. :)

Originally posted by dveit@Feb 2 2005, 02:56 PM
Why in dear god did you spend $8.95 at a McDonlads?

That's why they invent $1 menus. :)
[post=455262]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:
sure you werent at hardees?

:)

hahaha, negative numbers... very true though, we already passed that math lesson up. next month is measurement, so i'm bringing my dial caliper, gauges, and precision rulers so that they can learn how to be super precise with measurements LOL

Those chicken selects are the bomb mothaphuckin' diggity, y0.....

:lol:

hell yeah man. when im out of college on breaks, i usually go home and substitute teach the highschool, but ive done some elementary work and if you can relate the things they do in class to things they know now...then its easy. its all in how you can relate the work that makes it easier.

i still want to know how forehead to chin and ear to ear make a circumference.

you must have a wierd shaped head :unsure:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 2 2005, 05:15 PM
i still want to know how forehead to chin and ear to ear make a circumference.

you must have a wierd shaped head :unsure:
[post=455369]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: :lol: ...and to civicous...if you know your going to overdraft, just do what i do, let's take washington mutual for example, they give me a $500 overdraft limit, so i take my balance down to cents from buying gas or something, then i go to the bank and pull out $500, that way you get charged only 1 overdraft fee and you have money in hand that you'll need later :p ...and to Nacho, i'm actually thinking about becoming a PE teacher, but i'm more or so leaning towards being a basketball coach

Well, I didn't know I was going to overdraft...I usually catch it before the cutoff time, and go deposit the money into the bank... my internet thingie for Regions Bank wouldn't load (so I could check my up-to-the-minute balance), and i said fuck it, I'll be fine, and went to McD's like 30 minutes before the cutoff time (8pm). Get home at like 8:10, check my balance, and see a nice $30 overdraft fee waiting for me.

:(

Who here has slipped an empty deposit envelope into an ATM ?

-> Steve

Your loan is now APPROVED

Originally posted by Celerity@Feb 3 2005, 12:03 AM
Who here has slipped an empty deposit envelope into an ATM ?

-> Steve

Your loan is now APPROVED
[post=455646]Quoted post[/post]​

hahahahahahahaha :worthy:

Back