Tray sliding

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i tried that shyt...the trays melted in .2 seconds....i guess Wendy's trays blow

Originally posted by Iron 1@Jan 2 2004, 12:25 AM
we built custom rollers, on ball bearing wheels. They even have the strap that'll go around the tire to keep it there.

Now that's an awsome idea... I might try that one day. :)

The Ball bearings make it slide 10X better than regular trays, and they don't wear out. We even have little mini ramps so you can pull right up on them, (a must for something this slippery). The straps that go over the tires are sooo nice, you don't even have to lock the e-brake. all it takes is a little welding, and you're set!!!

Burger King is the best

Also when they burn through you can just move it to another spot on the tray

Originally posted by DarkHand+Jan 2 2004, 03:40 PM-->
@Jan 2 2004, 12:25 AM
we built custom rollers, on ball bearing wheels. They even have the strap that'll go around the tire to keep it there.

Now that's an awsome idea... I might try that one day. :)

yo they have these car dollies that you just roll the car on(one for each wheel) and you can move it everywhere(saw it on Trucks or HP TV). just buy two and put them on your back tires and that will save you a whole bunch of hassle.

How fast can these dollies go? I'd like to try a 60 mph parking lot dolly drift. NICE :D

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Jan 2 2004, 09:39 PM
yo they have these car dollies that you just roll the car on(one for each wheel) and you can move it everywhere(saw it on Trucks or HP TV). just buy two and put them on your back tires and that will save you a whole bunch of hassle.

they don't roll as good as the ones we made, and cost a lot more. In order to get some that last more than 3 days you need to spend BIG money. If you have a welder, you're set. It's not much hassle, it's basicaly a square frame, with 4 wheels, and a bottom plate, with ratchet strap.

Sweet.

I grabbed a couple trays from work today for tomorrows morning fun at the local mall parking lot, now all we need to find is a pos doner vehicle.

Originally posted by tab@Jan 2 2004, 09:50 PM
How fast can these dollies go? I'd like to try a 60 mph parking lot dolly drift. NICE :D

I've never tried a top speed run, most was like 25. sliding on these is like the worst Ice you've ever seen, times ten. If you place a bowling ball on a hill and it starts to roll, your car will slide as well...Your car is basically sitting on 8 ball bearings. They'll start to slide on the slightest hill, I can't really even describe it..

They're at a buddies house right now, I'll see if I can get some pics...We took one of our spare tires, and built a square that was just a little bit larger than the tire. then we took that metal mesh screen, and welded that to the bottom with some support runners. the wheels are just bolted on, then welded. they're really sturdy, and haven't broken yet (last summer, 20-30 trips)

not trying to change the subject or anything but talking about cops rolling up made me remember one time me a Khris were doing something like that.

We were sitting in a Toy R Us parking lot. Somehow we go on the conversation that my car couldn't spin a tire. So me being the "prove everyone I can wrong person" I had to try. After I was done proving him wrong a female cop rolled up and asked what just happened. Some how we came up with my car just over heated and all the smoke was from the car's engine...and she belived us.

Well...thats it.

:withstupid:

i was just gonna say that, AutoZone should have em. if not then Shucks/Checker should

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 3 2004, 05:20 AM
what kinda wheels are you using???

I don't know the name or anything, we picked em up from Home Depot. We figured that even if they didn't work we wouldn't be out much $$ ya know? We just braced them up a little bit, and now they're built like rocks... My friend is on a vacation, so I can't get to them for a while still...

Originally posted by Iron 1+Jan 4 2004, 02:18 AM-->
@Jan 3 2004, 05:20 AM
what kinda wheels are you using???

I don't know the name or anything, we picked em up from Home Depot. We figured that even if they didn't work we wouldn't be out much $$ ya know? We just braced them up a little bit, and now they're built like rocks... My friend is on a vacation, so I can't get to them for a while still...

cool shit .... im definatly lookin forward to some pics :)

Back