Treadmill--uhhggg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wow B that's incredible time for a mile...I did my best...well i say my best but i wouldn't say I gave it 100%, but my best mile was 7:24 this week. My 1.5 miles are usually around 14:30 . I use to run 5:50 miles in highschool lol though i weighed 128lbs and was fast as fuck with endurance

I have been slacking a lot lately, need to get back into it. gained a couple lbs...not happy with myself. Just need to get back into that habit...

Last edited:
you know brian they make alcohol with much less sugar in it. i've been drinking this donQ rum with infused flavors. it has much much less sugars in it than the malibu stuff we've been loving (because it tastes delicious) and is a few bucks cheaper too.

500mL of the 35% malibu red (rum-tequila) means a wicked shitty morning
500mL of the 30% donQ pasion still wake up fresh as a daisy

i don't think the 5 percent makes much of a difference. i've had a shitty morning on 2 strong glasses of the red. but i've had a whole bottle of the donQ with no ill effects in the morning.

men shouldn't drink Malibu. the end.

all alcohol is sugar. that's how alcohol is made, fermenting starches and what not

Wow B that's incredible time for a mile...I did my best...well i say my best but i wouldn't say I gave it 100%, but my best mile was 7:24 this week. My 1.5 miles are usually around 14:30 . I use to run 5:50 miles in highschool lol though i weighed 128lbs and was fast as fuck with endurnace

This was a lot of uphill too.... from my street by nelsons' all the way up p-dale for the first 1/2 mile... I think i might go to eastern's track tomorrow and see what I can do on a real track that's flat.

breathing is my biggest problem. my nose/sinuses suck. it's always f'ing clogged. I can't really breathe through it full throttle, so i end up with half mouth pretty early on. it hurts me more than anything.
I have a sore throat this morning simply because last night was a bit chilly and i didn't get a chance to warm up the air in m nose first and it irritated my throat.

i've been thinking about going under the knife for one of those nose overbore procedures.... might talk to my doc about it in nov when i go for my follow up.

200.2 this morning. really wanted 199.9 :/ SOON.

try keeping a straight posture, with chest out and shoulders back to increase lung capacity, also helps to tilt your head back a little, looking forward/up, as opposed to down at your feet.
I cant breath worth a fuck through my nose (broken once), but I still manage to huff some good wind when running.
If you start to get the diaphragm cramps try taking some really deep breaths, it will hurt like a mother fucker but it usually gets the cramp to clear.

try keeping a straight posture, with chest out and shoulders back to increase lung capacity, also helps to tilt your head back a little, looking forward/up, as opposed to down at your feet.
I cant breath worth a fuck through my nose (broken once), but I still manage to huff some good wind when running.
If you start to get the diaphragm cramps try taking some really deep breaths, it will hurt like a mother fucker but it usually gets the cramp to clear.

This.

Most people have awful mechanics.
http://www.readytorunbook.com/

Also, do you have a deviated septum or is it just purely sinus issues?

Nothing deviated that I'm aware of. I have bad allergies in the spring and my sinuses are always annoying. when my head is sideways (ie, sleeping on my side) my top nostril is mint, and my bottom one is a dead end. rotate, and wait for the fluid to shift, and the top is clear again and the bottom is clogged. when i'm upright, or laying on my back, both are half-capacity.

Nettie pot. Never had my nose broken, but do have a deviated septum, yay, but those extra strength breath right strip help a little. Nettie pot does nothing for me, but mines not sinus related. Wish there was something other than the knife to fix it.

Get distilled water and you will be fine. My wife does it everyday. A couple of falls ago I got allergies out of nowhere and using a nelimed was the only thing that helped. I still do it occasionally if I am doing a lot of sanding since some particles still get through the mask or if I am in a moldy area.

never heard of it... googled it. fda says it might be bad, so its probably REALLY bad http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm316375.htm and i certainly don't trust my tap water or even bottled water for that matter.
Read the whole article. The safety concerns come from cleanliness; i.e., use distilled or sterile water, and ensure the device is clean before you fill it with your distilled/sterile water.

Tried for a shorter distance today, 30 minute run with a bit of a faster pace.
30 minutes = 3.4 miles, average pace of 8:40 per mile, vs 10min miles for a 10k.
I have last year's Turkey Trot 5k time (29:50) beat by a couple minutes.

back to the top
went out on july 4th to see if i could do a half marathon, wasn't the fastest run, but i finished it
my training for this had consisted of a few 10k's and an 8 mile run the week before, along with weekday runs of 2, 3.5, 3.5, and 2
it might not be the best health activity, and its not HIIT, but i enjoy it
Half Marathon 07 04 2015.png

Back