turbo d series questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah but the prelude is still a "little car" i have a 92 prelude and its not much bigger than a civic. but regardless 250-300whp is a lot in a honda..................imo

oh, i thought that unless you were pushing any more then say 7 psi you don't need to upgrade your fuel system
yeah you still need a bigger feul pump and injectors. And good tune there is alot more to it than just tossing a turbo you have to upgrade everything to handle the hp air and fuel.... In a nut shell.......

hey i have a greddy turbo and turbo mani, down pipe, and a few other things if youd like just let me know. ill get rid of them cheap. (was going to turbo my d16z6 then got a b18c1 going the other route of FI)

wrong.... you need to get bigger injectors....450cc should be fine.
I am sorry but you sir are wrong. You do not need bigget injectors. It is perfectly safe to run 7lbs on stockers, 450's are overkill. A larger fuel pump is a good idea though.

Vitatra pistons, ARP head studs, thicker HG, 370s or 450s, stock fuel pump. Stock injectors will be maxed out under even a little boost.

Here is a very shory list for a turbo D16z6. Turbo of choice, manifold (cast mani if daily driven), intercooler and piping, BOV, wastegate(unless it is part of the turbo, T25s for example), 450cc injectors(DSM injectors work well), Walbro 250lph fuel pump, adjustable fuel pressure reg, Hondata S100 or S300(I stress using the Hondata), down pipe, high flow cat(keep it legal), exhaust system and a good tuner. If you do your research and shopping well you can be boosted for around $1500-$2000 and easly make 200hp. If at all possible do a cylinder leak down test on the z6 you plan on buying. This will tell you the condition of the engine. Worn rings, valve guides, damaged valves, cylinder head cracks, head gasket all can be tested with a leak down test.

ok intenseneal thanks for all the info that you provided i will check into it

ok guys i am picking up a motor tomorrow and i will be taking it apart and changing out the rods and pistons as for the bearings how could i go about that?
I understand that there is a few different colors and clearences what have you guys used and what should i be looking into.
Ps my power goals are a little bit above 250 so keep that in mind thanks for all the info provided so far

just use honda bearings they are the best!

When I got my d16a6 block machined, I let my machinist go ahead and buy the bearings and everything I needed. I figured he would know more about it than I would. I am supposing that you are over-boring the cylinder walls and getting the block hot-tanked and inspected, right?

ok guys i had bought a motor off a local guy and i just got done taking it apart. Now the problem is that the motor has a spun bearing in the third cylinder and there is a little scoring on the crankshaft. My question is can i get the crankshaft smoothed out or do i have to get a new/used one?

IMG_0633.jpg

here it is let me know if i can get it polished

ok so seeing this makes me md.. ive herd you do and u dont need bigger injectors like wtf lol.. im thinking it a hit or is with your luck, but theres no hurting the motor if udo run 450s

I'd go ahead and have the machine shop turn down the rods .010 and chamfer the oil holes and have the mains polished.
There's arguments of taking off the stock nitriding but I've never had a problem.
Just get a couple of good cleaning brushes (gun bore cleaning kit does well too) and clean ALL the oil galleys. Take the time out to pull the plugs (hope they don't gaul) and scrub away with a good detergent and HOT water. Have some PB-Blaster to coat all iron parts and blow out with compressed air. (it should take about 2hrs) And remember to NOT look down at it when you blow in the passages.
NOW, you can move to the oil pump. after cleaning run a thick gear lube thru and prim by hand so when it finally cranks you wont have to re-prime it again.
E

i wanted to know to the people using vitara pistons do you like them why or why not they sound noisy to me

Back