Update on the WRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dohcvtec_accord

WRX Sellout
So, since I haven't been around for, like 38493843 days, I figured I'd post a little update.

Engine: Vishnu uppipe, Vishnu twin-dump downpipe, SPT axle-back, Samco silicone intercooler hoses, Vishnu reflashed ECU

Suspension/Brakes: Whiteline Control springs, Whiteline rear strut bar, Hawk HPS pads, stainless steel brake lines, Motul RBF 600 fluid

Waiting to be installed: JDM WRX STi top-mount intercooler

Looking for: Used 3" turbo-back exhaust with a high-flow cat (impossible to find)

Also, I'm getting my car tuned by the owner of Vishnu, named Shiv, in June. He's coming to Colorado to custom dyno-tune cars that are running his ECU. For free, no less. I'll make sure to post some charts when I get them. In addition, I'm going to the drag strip in a couple of weeks, so I'll post a timeslip of that as well.

Carry on. :)

word!

I want your car, interested in a 93 Samba Green Del Sol? or a 350Z? :)

Oh yeah, welcome back. :)

A 350 would be nice, but not during the winter here. I need the AWD for driving to and from work, and also for doing massive amounts of donuts in empty parking lots.

Every time I think my car is nice, I go hang out with other people in my WRX club, and their heavily modified WRX's, STi's and EVO's put me to shame. :)

what cars have you taken out so far on the street....

stoplight confrontations, if you will :D

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Apr 22 2004, 11:22 PM
Every time I think my car is nice, I go hang out with other people in my WRX club, and their heavily modified WRX's, STi's and EVO's put me to shame. :)

We had fun tearing up a modded RSX-S on the way home from Freebird's (burrito place) in Hugh's STi... the guy was NO match.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: v

I deleted your quote, but I still wanna see you come through on your track times promise. :p

Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 23 2004, 12:40 AM
Who?

dohcvtec...I had the quote in my sig for like 4 months of him saying when the track opens he'll promise he'll have some times for us. :)

a question and a comment...

if you run the top mount intercooler from an STi shouldnt you get a larger scoop to get more air to it like the STi has?

and if you want a 3" exhaust why not just have an exhaust shop do it, and have em weld in a 3" carsound cat.

Because there are a TON of 3 inch aftermarket exhausts out there for the WRX, and custom bent mandrel exhausts of that size are typically expensive as hell too.

Originally posted by Calesta+Apr 23 2004, 06:30 AM-->
dohcvtec_accord
@Apr 22 2004, 11:22 PM

We had fun tearing up a modded RSX-S on the way home from Freebird's (burrito place) in Hugh's STi... the guy was NO match.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: v

Hughs STi is sweet, of course, any Sti is sweet :)

Freebirds is awesome I go there everytime i go to college station. we need one in denton :(

little off topic but you got me thinkin

Originally posted by yoshi@Apr 26 2004, 04:05 PM
Freebirds is awesome I go there everytime i go to college station. we need one in denton :(

little off topic but you got me thinkin

Talk to them and tell them to expand out to north Dallas. :)

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Apr 22 2004, 11:09 PM
a question and a comment...

if you run the top mount intercooler from an STi shouldnt you get a larger scoop to get more air to it like the STi has?

and if you want a 3" exhaust why not just have an exhaust shop do it, and have em weld in a 3" carsound cat.

Yep. Not only do I need a new scoop (it's coming in the mail next week :) ), I also need a new splitter for the scoop to evenly distribute air over the TMIC. I'm trying for one on Ebay right now, we shall see what happens.

As far as the exhaust goes...Calesta is right. Not only are there a bunch of aftermarket systems out there, if you've seen what a WRX turboback looks like, it's quite extensive. I don't want an exhaust shop welding a flange that connects to the turbo....it's way too important a connection for that.

And rev8k...I'm heading to the track on May 5th, weather permitting. :D

Milan - No pics of the lowered stance of the WRX yet, nor of the engine bay. I should have some pics of the car by this weekend, and I should have the TMIC and scoop installed in a few weeks, so pics to come after that.

Yeah, it's a little big, but necessary. Having sat in a few STi's, I have to say the larger scoop is a bit distracting, but I think I'll get used to it as I climb over the 300 horsepower mark. :D

Yes... it's very distracting. It's the only damn thing you see looking out of the windshield! You can't see any of the hood at all.

Back