Wall street protests

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

demotivational-posters-this.jpg

The protestors are preying on the fact that the recession exposed so much corruption and back room dealings that were going on in the financial community. What they refuse to realize is that this led to a great deal of reform (Sarbanes Oxley) and many of those companies went out of business (Arthur Andersen, Enron). There are so many people in the industry with their eyes wide open now, that no one is "getting away" with shit. The problems stemmed from a lack of due dilligence. That does not exist anymore. Are there still issues that need to be addressed? Yup. Just like with government, just like with ever professional sports league, just like with Jeffrey down at your local hippy co-op. Nothing is going to be perfect over night. Standing on a street corner waving a sign isn't helping either.

Wanna help? Take an auditing class and grab the financial report of the building your standing in front off. It's public information available to everybody. Find evidence that this particular company is ripping you off and come back with proof. "Proof? What do I need that for when I can just yell loudly."

Well said.

The same thing happened during the Great Depression which led to the sec, securities acts, transparency, Glass Steagall, and other crack downs which we did not learn from. The next exposed financial/investing situation is going to be High Frequency trading which is destroying investing. Im not going to go too deeply into this but its criminal and eventually will be exposed. Goldman just closed their Alpha HFT fund because it was losing money, I believe they used it as an oppurtunity to close it without too much speculation or questioning. To me this says they have info that HFT is going to come under fire soon. These are just my opinions but watch and see.

When my co-workers and I saw the sign in the windows we had a good laugh last week.

These "members of the 99%" also fail to realize that the so called 1% work 10-18 hour days, wake up with the Journal, fall asleep to the market recap, work in some degree almost all weekend, and have training far beyond your French literature degree. Most may have a 50"+ TV, but it never leaves the financial channel. There is no secret to success. Get the proper education(not found in just a college) and apply it correctly and repeatedly.

T. Boone Pickens, Leon Hess, and Bernie Madoff. Names you know, or at least should know, that all started blue collar and worked their way up.

Last edited:
Ya Bernie Madoff is a prime example of a hard working capitalist.

What would have happened if the banks were never bailed out and they all failed? I dont agree with everything that has taken place but jesus, imagine people fighting to get money out of the bank only to find there accounts frozen or at 0.

Im sure life would be peaches right now.

I will keep working and paying taxes to a country Im free in, thats right Im free. Im free to choose what I want to do, I always have choices in this free country. Sit on your asses and I will keep paying taxes so you can do so....those are two choices we are free to make.

If the banks had failed, TRUE capitalism would have prevailed in lieu of crony capitalism.

People with less then 100k in the bank wouldn't lose a dime as their accounts are insured by the FDIC. It would have been less expensive to cover everyone's account than to bail out the banks and continue to inject money into circulation via printing press.

If these people want to protest, they should protest Obama because he bailed out the banks with heir future and their children's future.

Last edited:
You missed the point.

FDIC backed up to $100k back then yes, how long would you have to wait for your money at that point? How would you eat waiting for that FDIC money? Small business owners or companies that employ us most likely would not have been able to get their money to pay payrolls. Do you not see how that would have been horrific?

Widespread panic and rioting would surely have started all over the country. Martial law, anarchy, and who knows what else would have happened.

Obama bailed out the banks all by himself?? Nobody voted on that but him?

A good majority of the banks have paid back their TARP including interest??

Instead of talking bullshit, talk some facts and come back to this topic or go OCCUPY with the other geniuses.

These "members of the 99%" also fail to realize that the so called 1% work 10-18 hour days, wake up with the Journal, fall asleep to the market recap, work in some degree almost all weekend, and have training far beyond your French literature degree. Most may have a 50"+ TV, but it never leaves the financial channel. There is no secret to success. Get the proper education(not found in just a college) and apply it correctly and repeatedly.

T. Boone Pickens, Leon Hess, and Bernie Madoff. Names you know, or at least should know, that all started blue collar and worked their way up.
T. Boone Pickens is ridiculous. Bernie Madoff is Riculous. Hess gets a pass.

Those aren't people that create jobs, or capitalism. They move around money. Literally move around money.They come up with an idea, and buy into it, and their tiny corporation buys and sells it and rakes a profit. They're corporate raiders. Haven't you seen wall street?

The "Occupy" movement has been brought to you by:
Starbucks - When you need to complain about not having enough money for bills, come buy an $8 drink and complain with friends.
Apple Inc. - When life hands you lemons, call it on your expensive brand new iphone and complain about not having an Apple, or money.
Anthropology - If you have to cry and beg, you dont want to look like a beggar while doing it.
These corporations and others like them fully support your cause to do whatever it is you are trying to do. So we thank you.

T. Boone Pickens is ridiculous. Bernie Madoff is Riculous. Hess gets a pass.

Those aren't people that create jobs, or capitalism. They move around money. Literally move around money.They come up with an idea, and buy into it, and their tiny corporation buys and sells it and rakes a profit. They're corporate raiders. Haven't you seen wall street?
You missed the point 100%. They started with NOTHING. They raised their own capital, put it on the line, and made something for themselves. They are at the top of white color now, but they started blue/no collar. T. Boone Pickens started with a paper route and Bernie Madoff started Madoff Investment Securities with money saved from life-guarding and installing sprinklers. They didn't catch a hot tip from a broker walking off the floor, they have been making the right choices for decades.

Last edited:
Ya Bernie Madoff is a prime example of a hard working capitalist.
He built a world renowned investment firm from nothing, the Nasdaq wouldn't exist without him, and he created the "Off-Wall Street" firm concept. You only know him because of a Ponzi scheme. I'm sure that breaks his heart. He did things people on Wall Street today are still not capable of. Then he cheated and got caught. Still doesn't discard his previous accomplishments. MIS was founding in 1960. It's alleged the Ponzi scheme started in the 90s. Guess he just guessed right for 30 years...

God fucking forbid we look into an issue before we condemn a situation or person. Here's some advice for life. Gauge the situation, do some due diligence, then present your position. That doesn't just go for financial or political talk either. It can be applied to everything.

Definition of DUE DILIGENCE

: the care that a reasonable person exercises to avoid harm to other persons or their property

: research and analysis of a company or organization done in preparation for a business transaction (as a corporate merger or purchase of securities)

Last edited:
Not many people do any due diligence which is part of what has me frustrated with this topic.

Smart phones, google, limitless information at peoples fingers yet they pass judgement or opinion and join causes with no real info.

Bernie never would have been caught if people didnt start pulling their money all at one time because of the markets. He was making money, just not enough when a run was made on him. He had done some really great things and was a good manager until then. Yes what he did was illegal and terrible in some cases Im not saying that it wasnt. He did pay out to people what he told them they were earning until shit hit the fan.

Last edited:
Our entire monetary system is a ponzi scheme. Bernie couldn't get away with it for the simple fact that he wasn't able to print money like the fed.

Not many people do any due diligence which is part of what has me frustrated with this topic.

Smart phones, google, limitless information at peoples fingers yet they pass judgement or opinion and join causes with no real info.

Bernie never would have been caught if people didnt start pulling their money all at one time because of the markets. He was making money, just not enough when a run was made on him. He had done some really great things and was a good manager until then. Yes what he did was illegal and terrible in some cases Im not saying that it wasnt. He did pay out to people what he told them they were earning until shit hit the fan.

They don't commit any acts of diligence because they are fucking lazy...laziness from which stem the majority of our nation's pressing problems.

That's like saying you deserved to have your car stolen out of a public lot because you didn't perform due diligence to find one with fewer cars stolen from it. Bernie Madoff is a piece of shit thief. He has no admirable qualities and the fact that some of you are still putting him on a pedestal speaks volumes.

lmfao, i can't believe bernie madoff is being defended (sounds a bit like the "he may have killed a few million people but he was a hell of a leader type of discussion)
i don't give 2 shits about the things he did in his past life, his reputation and record are forever tarnished for stealing billions of dollars, and completely ruining people's lives.
drug out in the street and shot is too good for that thief
drawn and quartered sounds more fitting

If you are referring to me I'm not defending him, I'm providing facts because that's what matters. I mentioned in my reply that the things he did were terrible and illegal.

If you are trying to bring the Hitler/Jews debate up I'm not playing that.....Bernie Ecclestone "He was a great leader, he got things done" bull shit.

FDIC backed up to $100k back then yes, how long would you have to wait for your money at that point? How would you eat waiting for that FDIC money? Small business owners or companies that employ us most likely would not have been able to get their money to pay payrolls. Do you not see how that would have been horrific?

Widespread panic and rioting would surely have started all over the country. Martial law, anarchy, and who knows what else would have happened.

You believe the fear propagated by the banks? The banks obviously wanted the bailout. Why do you think their leaders scared congress into passing it?

A truly corrupt and evil system is one in which PROFITS are private but LOSSES are shared by everyone, even non-bankers.

How do you have capitalism without the risk of failure? Is there a risk of failure when the taxpayer is on the hook for your mistakes?

Nah dude you got it all wrong, we forced that money on those selfless bankers and financiers who worked feverishly to save the nation from anarchy. Then they paid it all back without even being asked and then a rainbow shone over ground zero and the voices of the dead were heard saying "diversify your portfolios! We're glad we did!"

Back