Wall street protests

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Does anyone know if it's possible to offset 100% of your federal taxes with charitable deductions?

I think its capped.

If it werent capped, I would create a not for profit charity who’s goal is to support my standard of living, and dump all my money in it.

I think its capped.

If it werent capped, I would create a not for profit charity who’s goal is to support my standard of living, and dump all my money in it.

You don't have one already? I thought everyone did.

305323_249543768431904_238665286186419_708071_530963785_n.jpg

I'll start listening to these hacks when they are working 2 and 3 jobs. Sitting around complaining doesn't pay well. Working 60-80 hours a week isn't fun by any means, but until you do it, don't tell me you can't afford to pay your bills. Every Mexican I work with has 2 jobs. All work 60-80 hours a week. And have been doing it for years. Fuck deporting these guys, send the hipsters to Mexico.

That guy is an idiot. I'm getting tired of these "lets type on a paper, take a picture, pretend we're some elite person supporting a movement of morons".

That guy is an idiot. I'm getting tired of these "lets type on a paper, take a picture, pretend we're some elite person supporting a movement of morons".
I hate the phrase "through no fault of my/their own". It is misused more than it is used correctly.

"He got hit by a bus through no fault of his own"
Really? Did it crash through his wall and get him while he was taking a nap on his couch? Or did he see the walk sign illuminate and step off the curb before actually seeing it was safe?

"They lost their house through no fault of their own"
Funny, I don't think banks are just allowed to take a house because they feel like it. Pretty sure they're taking it because you didn't honor a contract you signed. Times are tough, you lost your job, you can't pay the mortgage. I get it. But it is your fault. Take some responsibility.

Stop asking "Will the bank approve me for a house?" and start asking yourself, "Can I truly afford to buy a house and still save for the future and the unexpected?".

There's no jobs because we Americans have literally shopped our way out of them.

foriegn cars
imported clothes
imported electronics
imported ftuits and veggies
and everything else

all we have here is corn. And without government subsidizes, that's not even profitable venture.

You, your mom, your sister, and your grandparents have all shopped us out of these things. ChinaMart is the only place to shop in 80% of towns under 5,000 people, and it's 100 miles away at that.

The little guy can't make it any more.

And it's your own fault. You wanted to save 8 cents on that item and $5 on that one. And in due time, you shopped away your future job, one ding of the register at a time.

Yup!

Watch Diane Sawyer and her segment Made in America. Really brings this to light.

Stop asking "Will the bank approve me for a house?" and start asking yourself, "Can I truly afford to buy a house and still save for the future and the unexpected?".

can i afford a house? yes.
can i do so safely and still save for the future? yes.
can i get approved for a mortgage? nope.

and you know why? its not because of some evil empire bank looks at me and says "no, we want to keep you down", its because i didnt take the correct step years ago and start establishing my credit.
it is completely my fault.
yeah, its hard to get credit when you start at 0, especially when you have nobody to co-sign to help out, but there are ways, and i chose to ignore them.

Me, I accept responsibility for my actions. or inaction's.

There's no jobs because we Americans have literally shopped our way out of them.

foriegn cars
imported clothes
imported electronics
imported ftuits and veggies
and everything else

all we have here is corn. And without government subsidizes, that's not even profitable venture.

You, your mom, your sister, and your grandparents have all shopped us out of these things. ChinaMart is the only place to shop in 80% of towns under 5,000 people, and it's 100 miles away at that.

The little guy can't make it any more.

And it's your own fault. You wanted to save 8 cents on that item and $5 on that one. And in due time, you shopped away your future job, one ding of the register at a time.

and it had nothing to do with the fact that amercian goods were becoming sub-par when compared to cheaper foreign goods.

we shopped our way out of it because we got tired of paying high prices for shit items.
at least i know that the items i get are shit, but i payed half the price of the same quality american items.

am i saying that all american made is shit? nope. just most of the stuff that people buy on a daily basis.

as far as corn goes, the subsidies need to be stopped.
we need to get our farmers growing real food again. not just corn because the government wants it grown.
if all those farmers growing nothing but corn started diversifying their crops to include all other types of fruits and veggies, and doing it in a safe manner, they would see profits returning from sales, not government support.
nowhere in our country should we have to import food, we have just about every type of environment to grow what we want.

I'm a huge buffett fan. Good quote.

Back