Want to do a swap but HELP IS NEEDED

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRAZYEG9

I'm finding it hard to find a full B18B or B20B swap. JDM b18b's are automatics, and b20b's are 4 wheel drive automatics, so JDM dealers usually don't have the full swaps. Now I called numerous junkyards all over for LS swaps and most of them only have the engine without tranny, and if they have it it's an automatic. This is telling me Bseries trannies are hard to find, so what I'm gonna do is piece up a swap starting with the tranny being that it is hardest to find. Here is a list I think I need, but if I'm missing something or wrong about someting please add it or correct me. Also out of all the parts I mention tell me what is hard to get or expensive. It's for a 92 Civic.

The Engine itself
Bseries Hydro tranny
Clutch w plate
Shift Linkage
94-up Integ Axels
Integ/99si/Delsol halfshaft
Dr side timing belt mount
rear transmission back bracket
Optional but recommended-ECU
And maybe some misc hoses

your cheapest and best bet is to wait and look for a donor car...

pick it up for 500 bucks with everything you need

preferably an integra that was hit in the rear...

there was an 01 teg with like 40K miles that was totaled, selling for 2K

i did a b18b swap into a 93 civic and when i did it i needed the bracket to mount the throttle cable as well as the ls throttle cable or a piece of metal to extend where the bracket is mounted so you can use your old throttle cable.

Ben

I've been looking for a reasonably priced b series trans for the longest time, I shoulda taken pissedoff's when I had the chance.

3 motors and 1 cable trans doesn't help me at all. I'm thinking of keeping 2, 1 to build, 1 to swap (the cx motor is just about dead now, I estimate 22 hp to the wheels) and the other one is going to be sold.

2200 isn't a bad price, my first swap cost me 1100 but I got lucky. I got damn lucky this time too, a complete 91 b18a1 with trans for 400 bucks and a 2000 b18b1 for 200 and a complete 94 b18b1 for 423. All of them run I just can't use any of them because I can't find a trans, it's cause I'm kinda cheap and don't want to spend more than 400 on it shipped, 300 if I pick it up.

Your best bet would be getting a complete swap, it's just easier and less hassle. But if you don't want to do that I can sell you one of my motors.

Back