we have a new pope

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

heres a useless fun fact

the new pope fought under hitler for a year before deserting and spending time in a pow camp ;)

interesting

i heard that he was forced to join the hitler youth groups or whatever around the age of 14 or 15, and around the age of 17 or 18 he deserted...

deserters were shot on sight so...

the whole pope ish was covered on NPR, and i believe a jewish woman called up all crazy like saying how they say the new pope is a "loyal" man or something, but she said hitler was a loyal man too, but that doesn;t make him a good man, then she started ranting about how he was from germany and he was in the hitler youth league, but the theologian on NPR said the above refrenced materials, and also stated that he could have been killed for deserting so that was a corageous(spFit) act, but then she came back saying, did he desert for moral reasons or for personal reasons and just cause he deserted it didn;t make him a good person or some nonsense...

she was quit angry
lol
every time they tried to get her off the line by saying, ok well we have many other callers she said oh i'm not done and thats not all,. and i;m sure you do...
lol

who gives a shit, really?

i mean, WTF does the pope do besides hang out the window and wave?

fucking useless...

:shrug2: catholics?
lol

the pope has suprising power...
well, i should say, the church has suprising wealth,
and this leads to suprising power...

b, are you calling the pope worthless?? you my friend, are retarded. lol and dont give me that agnostic, atheist, non-beliving bs.

B, I'm really surprised that you would say that, and not because I'm a bible thumping religious bastid either

the pope has tremendous political power, almost any world leader would kill for the opportunity to have a few candid photos of him and the pope published

it's like a unconscious thumbs up from the most powerful religous leader in the world, showing that the pope and the vatican likes what that leader is doing

you'd be surprised of the power- in fact, John Paul is credited with about 50% of the end of communism

and for the record, the last pope was on your side when it came to President Bush for the most part.

name me 5 things the pope has done besides:

- be a "figure" people can look up to
- wave/say prayers
- be the pope

I can't name 1 thing. can you?

Your last one there kind of encompasses more than one "thing" there B.

this guy is 78 years old. not to be hatin but, why cant they select someone a little younger? John Paul was what like 84 when he died?

one thing u didnt think of---he gets to ride around in the pope mobile!

The pop has done many wonderful things.
Just look at what he did for the Griffins.

I 2nd the whole picking a younger guy. It's like the whole replacing dick clark with regis philbin.... in 3-4 years hes also gonna be replaced by another old dude.

Wow. He looks like he likes children. Not unlike some other current media icons.

popelovesjacko6ox.jpg

:blink:

Back