What colour should I paint my rims?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adnoh

Hey guys,

Just your opinion on something....

I have a set of 16x7" Motegi MR7's in Silver, that I love, but I'm not sure I'm diggin' the silver anymore. The shop that does all the work on my car, can powdercoat, paint, and oven-bake my rims any colour I want. I was thinking one of two colours...
1) Gunmetal
2) Burnt Bronze Metallic

My EG hatch is Black, and my brake calipers are painted red.

What do you think?

just curious, do you have an inset on those rims, cuz you could always go gunmetal w/ a polished lip, that would look real good.

Originally posted by 92dxhatch@Mar 2 2005, 02:02 PM
just curious, do you have an inset on those rims, cuz you could always go gunmetal w/ a polished lip, that would look real good.
[post=468316]Quoted post[/post]​

No dude....the spokes on the MR7's wrap right over the lip...no space for polishing.

i say get bronze. bronze rims with a black car looks SOOOO hot. it wouldnt look good with the red calipers though. get the calpers done in black :)

Originally posted by ktanaka@Mar 2 2005, 10:17 PM
I think bronze and black are a good combo, thats what I would go with.
[post=468547]Quoted post[/post]​

Black would be hot...but since its not an option ... Bronze <_<

:agree:

Black and bronze, lose the red. Have the calipers done also!!!

Thanks for the opinions guys.

I figured since the MR7's already came in gunmetal, it would be sort of plain looking. The MR7's dont come in bronze so I figured it would be sort of unique.

Keep the opinions coming!

i painted my mr7 15's black, ill post a pic in a bit. taken with crappy webcam though :\

gallery_6642_138_27392.jpg

gallery_6642_138_20822.jpg

gallery_6642_138_12691.jpg

and oddly enough my del sol is black and has red brake calipers. too bad i dont have a full car shot.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Mar 6 2005, 04:59 PM
rebuild the calipers afer they get baked i have seen them leak
[post=469959]Quoted post[/post]​

The calipers were never baked.....just coated with a high temp glossy red.

Micah:
Those Black MR7's look pretty cool man... how long ago did you paint them, and how is the paint holding up against chips and such?

painted them at least 6 months ago, no chips in any of them. i did have some brake problems so the inside of the rim and spokes on my drivers side are all rusty and shit, but it doesnt look too bad.
it was a pain in the ass to strip them, they had been painted twice before and there was shitloads of paint on them. i prolly wouldnt do it again if i had to strip them again.
i just used primer black rattlecan and a couple coats of clear, not enough to make it glossy, but just enough to protect it a bit.

Back