Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 94 Mazda Rx7 TT -- Stock

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • 95 Nissan 300zx TT -- Stock

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • 1993 Honda Civic Eg Hatch w/ k20 swap

Votes: 14 40.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seany-izzle

the prelude and rsx would be dedicated dailys, where as the others would not be driven in winter and the 30 mile daily commute (ok, well maybe not the commute)

vote or diE!!!!

Last edited:
i wouldnt go 2jz s14, so that one was out...it was a toss up between the hatch and the rx7....i went with the hatch.

lame, nobody would use any of those rwd cars as "winter cars" unless you lived somewhere sunny. i also wouldn't even consider a 2jz swap into an s14. my vote was rx-7. just because i want one.

The only hard decision is whether you want a new car, like the RSX (forget about that piece of shit prelude - overweight, underpowered, wrong wheel drive, etc.) or an old "supercar" like the 300zx tt or Rx7 tt. In all honesty if you're just going for performance you're not going to beat those two. I'd love to have a clean Rx7 or 300zx, but I'm not sure you're going to find that because they're all years old and are going to eventually start showing their wear.

The only part that complicates the decision is if you want a new luxurious car, with newer technology- in which case I'd go for the RSX. Resale will also be better on a newer car - not very many people are interested in buying a now 13model year old car.

cant have a poll with differnt options for drving... lol

i'd never daily an rx7... but id race one. (and have you sit in one? you're my height... and i don't fit for shit in FD's... my head touches the roof.)

lol, i bet. im 5'9 and i feel like i just BARELY fit in the car (although i drive a 4th gen lude, so im used to that feeling). the FD is super tiny, but i just love the feel of that car (even though i voted for the hatch).

FD's feel like the cockpit of a fighter jet. i think airjockie can vouch for that. it's definitely cozy. i wouldn't daily it either. I have wanted to build a pink one with 700hp. then when people talk shit about me having a pink car and being a pussy, i'll beat the shit out of them in a heads up race. pure intimidation factor.

K20 hatch, for a ridiculous daily driver. Kpro, catless, camed and maybe some headwork - bye-bye EVO's and STI's.

It was a toss up between the RSX and the 300zx TT. The RSX won imho, because if you have ever seen under the hood of a TT, you'd know that you couldn't get a feeler gauge between any of the components in there, much less a hand or a tool.. I immagine that they are a total PITA to work on. You're looking at one hell of a nice car.. with 11 year old turbos and a motor that has been boosted for 11 years.. Its going to need major work soon, if it doesn't already. The RSX, of course, wouldn't be any harder than any ol civic, if you ever actually had to fix anything on it.

Last edited:
i feel like a traitor for not voting for the prelude, but even i say that the rsx, rx7, and hatch all > prelude.....its really sad.

It was a toss up between the RSX and the 300zx TT. The RSX won imho, because if you have ever seen under the hood of a TT, you'd know that you couldn't get a feeler gauge between any of the components in there, much less a hand or a tool.. I immagine that they are a total PITA to work on. You're looking at one hell of a nice car.. with 11 year old turbos and a motor that has been boosted for 11 years.. Its going to need major work soon, if it doesn't already. The RSX, of course, wouldn't be any harder than any ol civic, if you ever actually had to fix anything on it.

+1
but imo
the eg/k20 would be perfect IF you could keep ac & ps for everyday driving.

im 6 foot, the last time i sat in one... was back in highschool senior year, i weighed 5 pounds less and thats about it, and im 6 foot even iwith a 34-35 inch waist, i felt like i fit pretty well in it, my head was damn close to the roof though.

this is the sort of feedback i wanted :D i dont really care if the car is luxurious or has the latest technology to be completely honest. The neat thing about the 300 and the rx7 is that theyd stay stock, no way id touch those things. Not because theyd be tough to work on, but because a car like that (i think) is great in it's stock form. Those cars are enjoyable as they are, not so much the 240 or eg. the rx7, hatch, 240, and 300 would not be daily, but the 240 and eg would be driven more than the other two. but like b said, stupid to have a poll and have diff driving situations, but its just food for thought... would you spend the same amount of money on a 12 year old car to enjoy tons while still driving your civic or same amount if not more to have a decent daily.. (please no comments on spending money/saving money, im set with my money situation)

top three for me are the hatch, 240, and rx7 in no particular order.

300zx with an sr20 in it is the cool thing to do, and gets rid of that pos heavy v6 :p

i have seen a couple 300zx's with small block 350's in them. also, the signal 350z with the sr20 is pretty cool to. both not economical or reasonable for the commoner such as myself to build though.

and then there is chris foresberg with his v8 350z....i wonder why he hasnt been in the top 5 recently.

Back