What's your favorite restaurant?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

For seafood, It's gotta be Lenny and Joes fishtales. In westbrook,ct or Brothers in wallyworld

My favorite restaurant closed years ago it was the Ebb Tide in wallingford, the Rustic Oak is a close second.

But some new places in town have replaced them Michaels Trattoria, Gaetano's Tavern on Main, and The Half Moon all in the center of town. I can't say one is better than the next as they all have very different menus and I have a favorite dish from each place.

and then there's pizza, only place to go is Frank Pepe's in new haven

chinese food, China Pan in west hartford.

Maggie McFly's in Southbury CT. That's my favorite. Screw the others.

Quoted post[/post]]
For seafood, It's gotta be Lenny and Joes fishtales. In westbrook,ct or Brothers in wallyworld

My favorite restaurant closed years ago it was the Ebb Tide in wallingford, the Rustic Oak is a close second.

But some new places in town have replaced them Michaels Trattoria, Gaetano's Tavern on Main, and The Half Moon all in the center of town. I can't say one is better than the next as they all have very different menus and I have a favorite dish from each place.

Lets not start this debate....

Sally's and Pepe's Are TIED!

:)

Not many chain resturants really hold any value in my book - only local places.

111 Chop House - upscale steak house in Worcester. Expensive, but not ridiculous. Awsome filet, iceberg chunk/bleu cheese salad highly recomended.

PRIME - Another Worc. joint for those in MA. Further upscale than 111, but well worth the price. Great place for anniversary, etc. One of my friends is a broiler cook here, and can attest to the quality of the cooking and the food.

Chucks Steak House - Relatively cheap, as far as steak houses go. Steak burger FTW. Awsome salad bar, great service.

There's a host of local places around here, but since no one really lives in Worc county short of Chris, it really wouldn't help.

Ocean City MD - a place on the boardwalk called Brass Balls.

Most excellent burgers and some damn good drinks to go with it.

Also, Bull on the Beach, if you're looking for steaks or ridiculously good ribs.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Lets not start this debate....

Sally's and Pepe's Are TIED!

:)

I can agree with that, I do go to both, but pepe's a little more often.

The greesetrucks at Rutgers!

Well, I've never been to one because I always try to eat well and I really don't want some greesey, sloppy mess but many people around here talk about the greesetrucks.

Maxim even did a feature on the greesetruck sandwich - it was the sandwich that had everything deep fried and was huge. It was like fries, mozarella sticks, various meats, cheeses, etc., etc., all slapped onto one bun. I would die.

i love mexican food.. a place called El Portal here.. its the bomb.. and on Wednesdays.. its buy 1 get 1 free combos.. oh shit.. its wed. huh.. i know where i'm going to dinner.. i am also a fan of Chili's.. burgers are awesome.. and they have a variety of shit to choose from..

Quoted post[/post]]

Well, I've never been to one because I always try to eat well and I really don't want some greesey, sloppy mess but many people around here talk about the greesetrucks.

Maxim even did a feature on the greesetruck sandwich - it was the sandwich that had everything deep fried and was huge. It was like fries, mozarella sticks, various meats, cheeses, etc., etc., all slapped onto one bun. I would die.

I remember that =) it looked nasty.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

I remember that =) it looked nasty.

People rave about that shit and from my understanding there's actually greese trucks @ like all four of the Rutgers NJ locations.

Quoted post[/post]]
I've been to ruths a few times and IMO for the money its not that good.

I think http://www.lewnessteakhouse.com/ (1 block down from ruth's chris.) is better for close to the same price.
I'll have to try that one... but the best resturant i have ate in a long time is Razorbacks Raw Bar and Grill, right off of dulaney valley road in towson by the mall. Spent 75ish dollars a meal but you walked out filled and it has good drink specials and happy hours. For fine diningl i like to eat is Pazo ( http://www.pazorestaurant.com/ )right down by the harbor in fells point. EXPENSIVE but worth it. Even better than the Antrim 1844 :) (and that was hard to beat)

Sonoma Cellar Steakhouse@ Sunset Station in Las Vegas, NV
best steak I ever had. Ruth Chris is overhyped and overpriced...

Back