what's your IQ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jesus tap dancing christ, I took the test, but can't figure out how to get my results. Tickle was MORE than happy to begin me on my spamming though. I got back to my hotmail account and found a registration, then I went to get the results and it wants me to take the test again.

Bitches.

Anyway, I'm a member of Mensa, and scored 168 last year, and 2 years ago scored 172. Haven't taken it in a while.

Andy and Alice decide to race from point X to point Y, and back to point X. Andy races at 30 mph to point Y, but only 10 mph on the way back. Alice races 20 mph to point Y and then again at 20 mph to point X.

Who finished first ?

1) Andy
2) Alice
3) It was a Tie

That question right there should be the entire IQ test. What were your answers ?

-> Steve

Edit: Apparently I can't write "b)"

Originally posted by lowandslow@Aug 2 2004, 06:47 PM
i chose alice...sounded sorta right to me
[post=371625]Quoted post[/post]​

This is genius thinking. Sorta sounds right.

Ask Dan Quayle how to spell "Potato" and he will tell his "sorta sounds right" answer :)

-> Steve

I took this a while ago I forget my score but it said I was a Word Warrior.
I think it was in the 120's somewhere.

Originally posted by Celerity@Aug 2 2004, 06:38 PM
Jesus tap dancing christ, I took the test, but can't figure out how to get my results. Tickle was MORE than happy to begin me on my spamming though. I got back to my hotmail account and found a registration, then I went to get the results and it wants me to take the test again.

Bitches.

Anyway, I'm a member of Mensa, and scored 168 last year, and 2 years ago scored 172. Haven't taken it in a while.

Andy and Alice decide to race from point X to point Y, and back to point X. Andy races at 30 mph to point Y, but only 10 mph on the way back. Alice races 20 mph to point Y and then again at 20 mph to point X.

Who finished first ?

1) Andy
2) Alice
3) It was a Tie

That question right there should be the entire IQ test. What were your answers ?

-> Steve

Edit: Apparently I can't write "b)"
[post=371621]Quoted post[/post]​

You're a Mensa member? Cool. I think that question is too easy to be the only question on an IQ test. Alice wins- it's a simple math problem.

Originally posted by Celerity@Aug 2 2004, 06:38 PM

Who finished first ?

1) Andy
2) Alice
3) It was a Tie

[post=371621]Quoted post[/post]​

3) It was a tie. Since the distance from x to y in both directions is equal, and the average speed of Andy and Alice was 20 mph.

BTW, what was Alice wearing? She sounds hot. LOL

Originally posted by Celerity+Aug 2 2004, 06:48 PM-->
lowandslow
@Aug 2 2004, 06:47 PM
i chose alice...sounded sorta right to me
[post=371625]Quoted post[/post]​

This is genius thinking. Sorta sounds right.

Ask Dan Quayle how to spell "Potato" and he will tell his "sorta sounds right" answer :)

-> Steve
[post=371626]Quoted post[/post]​

<_<

after going over it to myself, thats what made sense to me...i said sorta sounded right cuz its what i came up with; without being positive if i was right or not.

Originally posted by tab@Aug 2 2004, 07:22 PM
3) It was a tie. Since the distance from x to y in both directions is equal, and the average speed of Andy and Alice was 20 mph.
[post=371645]Quoted post[/post]​

:no:

Let's pick an arbitrary distance, say 20 miles.

1st leg:
Andy = 30mph, takes 40 minutes
Alice = 20mph, takes 60 minutes

2nd leg:
Andy = 10mph, takes 120 minutes
Alice = 20mph, takes 60 minutes

Andy = 160 minutes total
Alice = 120 minutes total

The better way to see the answer is to make a set of ratios for time spent by each person without getting into any numbered distance calculations, but this explanation is easier for everyone to understand.

Tortoise and the hare... another reason to drive at a steady pace on the highway instead of passing everyone and then slowing down for the cops because they'll nail you for 20 over instead of 10 over.

:)

Back