Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My boss is dead next week.

• I just farted.

• I know what a day old can of tuna smells li

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reminds me of the things we do to the golf carts at the nursery. we beat the shit outta them :)

Yea B, I do make good money, but it doesn't come without consequences I guess you can say. I get no benefits, raises, or room to move up, the only way I can make more is if I get more customers, but I like my hours and days off. I am currently thinking of taking a Union job through Roadway, some of you may know the company, and I can take a big paycut, but get great benefits, a lot of room to move up and a retierment plan. So it is a tough call, but in the long run the Union job would work out better, because I can give them 25 years of my life and retire at 46 with full pay which by then should be anywhere over the $100,000/year mark, but the bad news is the paycut down to about $20/hr which is still good, but not as good as $40/hr.

Lol, I am the fucking pro when it comes to drifting carts. Were we clean our carts at is right on this little hill. Then to park them, you have to go down the little hill (about 10ft elevation change) and turn left. You have to do the turn going down the hill. Because we wash them with a hose, the dripping water gets on the hill. Just tap the brake and the back ends swings out a ton. I learned pretty quick hold to hold them as long as possible without doing a full 180.

Going from the Club house to the course, there is a path way that splits for members and the other for employees. They split right on a hill. On the employee's path, there is a pretty tight off camber turn. Going up there in the summer when its slightly humid out (slight better traction lol), I can get the carts easily on 2 wheels.

I don't do that stuff much anymore, but 2 years ago, thats pretty much why I went lol

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jun 4 2004, 12:23 PM
and OldE, i'm about 2 hours from the city if you wanna come see what the country is like...
when i graduated i had to choose NYC and $$$$ or country and $$...
i went with the laid back country life... can't beat it

thanks for the offer ....i usually try to get upstate @ least once during the summer. maybe i'll hit you up befor i go this time.

<-- has driven golf carts drunk
<-- has rolled a golf cart
<-- has driven a 2 speed stnadard golf cart utility truck :) :)
<-- has torn up hole 10 at local country club

lol

i worked at a private course my brother was the manager for...
stayed out and awake at a party all night one time and had to work the next day...
brother wouldn't let me go home to sleep and made me mow greens...
ended up falling asleep and left a FAT strip of really REALLY short grass going off the side of the green...

driven drunk and rolled em, fallen out of them...
got stuck in the woods, got stuck mud boggin, got stuck crossing a stream(that one REALLY sucked), got stuck trying to jump a log...
got caught by the boss playing bumper cars...

got blocked by my friend and had to swerve around a tree into some bushes...
put 4 wheeler tires on a golf cart...
took the govenor off a gas cart...

Usually a student working at the college on what ever I can get. Currently an Intern at IBM. I get paid really well to do absolutely nothing. We are given about 15 minutes of work a day. So from about 9:15 until 5 I do nothing and get paid well for doing it.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jun 4 2004, 04:03 PM
. So from about 9:15 until 5 I do nothing and get paid well for doing it.

welcome to IT :lol:

Hey Jamie, 'member when we were ramping that 4x4 lookin' cart up that hill by the pine tree? :p Good times. Oh yeah, me and Jamie used to work at the same store. Then I got promoted to a better store. I do exactly the same thing Jamie does, slangin' trees, but i usually pull about 35+ dollars an hour. B)

I work at burger king.

In 3 weeks, when school ends, I get to start for my dad's siding company. 50 hours a week, $10/hr cash owns. I learned the trade over the last 5 years, so he's really saving money by hiring me on, then instead a licensed contractor.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Jun 3 2004, 11:29 PM
move boxes....

Move boxes, dressers, tables, glass anything nad everything thats in your house. I pack your shit too... Its worth 10/hr.

I refinanced my loan on my old auto tranny, adn I got a check for $587.87 back today...

I'm a Store Manager for cell phone store, US Cellular. I sit on my ass and surf the web, and go to an occasional meeting for 25k a year. The only bad thing is I work 45-50 hrs a week. :( Not alot of personal time. Damn long mall hours.

I am a manager at a paint store

I make about 37K, but the benefits are awesome. For one, I'm a big kid with a bigger set of LEGOS. I like building/fixing stuff. For another, we don't have to kick ass very often. Business better been pretty damned important if we skip our 15 minute break. Plus, I get medical, dental, vision, retirement, holidays, sick days, vacation days. I'm also gonna get a raise soon, and I'll be well above 37k in five years. I'm training to replace the veteran mechanic, who right now makes way over 50k. Cost of living owns. No matter what I make more money each year.

Work for the Government if you can. :)

I decided the other day that I wanna be a cop. at least a patrol officer for a year, I want to get my ASE Certification, then I want to go to law school.

Starting pay for a cop around here is 37k/year, plus 400/month for each degree (bachelors, and associates degrees will get you even more yet)

When I'm patrolling I'll get used to the Crown Vic so I can buy a new LX sport myself and drop an 04 Cobra motor/rear end into it and roast people at the track.

Back