When you drive by the gas station...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was just talking to one of the admins at Peak Oil and he's in your area. He's resolved to simply buy gas from the cheaper stations because he saw fighting and conflicts in the lines in Assachussetts.

i heard on NPR this morning that one station did not raise its prices with the rest which resulted to lines, fighting and eventually the p0lice being called in...

and now do the math....

$0.80 extra for a gallon...
car holds 11-30 gallons....
how many cars on the road driving in America in that one day....
and where is that money going to.....?

I only use about 2-5 gallons a day.... :) except tommorrow I got to drive to Greenich for some JDM food....and that's going to hurt the gas bill.... :(

Originally posted by Airjockie@Sep 1 2005, 05:02 PM
and now do the math....

I only use about 2-5 gallons a day.... :) except tommorrow I got to drive to Greenich for some JDM food....and that's going to hurt the gas bill.... :(
[post=548431]Quoted post[/post]​

Don't go to greenwich. Eat american food. Problem solved.

-> Steve
Welcome to America.

Originally posted by jeffie7+Sep 1 2005, 12:56 AM-->
@Aug 31 2005, 11:39 PM
got gas in my duck today at 8 am and it was at 2.49.

got out of class at 12 and it jumped to 2.99.

I was like WTF?? 50 cents in 4 hours? Ouch.

Oh well, I love having a motorcycle. :p
[post=548156]Quoted post[/post]​

Most Supersport bikes get shit MPG. I'm lucky to see 30mpg on my CBR.

A honda rebel 250 on the other hand....... I think they get something like 80 or 90mpg.
[post=548163]Quoted post[/post]​

Well anything beats my old rx-7's 15mpg. :D

There are like five oil refineries in the NO area that are not producing any oil, so that might be a factor in the spike.

ahhh, 2.99 yesterday and now it's 3.29 today for regular. Gas station has yet to get a delivery of fuel.

This is fucking awful

GasPrices.jpg

Originally posted by Celerity+Sep 1 2005, 05:39 PM-->
Airjockie
@Sep 1 2005, 05:02 PM
and now do the math....

[post=548431]Quoted post[/post]​

Don't go to greenwich. Eat american food. Problem solved.

-> Steve
Welcome to America.
[post=548442]Quoted post[/post]​

The Next BBQ I have for you guys I'll remember that and only serve over cooked, dryed, burnt, wrinkled hot dogs...besides...this BBQ is just for the JDM people...but somehow Chris snucked in on this shindig... :ph34r:

okay, first of all, ethanol is basically straight corn liquor. also, want hydrogen? drop a 9volt battery into a beaker of as pure water as you can get. light it on fire, it'll be fun (just don't do this in a small confined area. be forewarned not to blow yourself up.)

and oh yeah, biodiesel.....
first of all, you can't just put cooking oil in your tank. it's a little more involved than that. second of all, getting anything for free? :lol: ha! anyway, check out this website -> http://www.freedomfuelamerica.com/products...diesel-life.asp

as far as the hydrogen thing tho, when you drop a battery into the water, you get oxygen and hydrogen through electric dissociation. and hydrogen burns clear btw. it's fun if you're a pyro, but not really a good way to get mass amounts of hydrogen.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 31 2005, 11:58 PM
and GOD DAMN was i getting some dirty ass looks while i was driving around today :angry: :lmao:
[post=548164]Quoted post[/post]​

Lol, i can relate. I'm almost afraid to park the prius at school for fear of jealous car owners doing something to it.

i saw a license plate cover dealy thing... (on a prius) saying '50MPG and no plug.... your car SUCKS, mine sips.

thought it was pretty cute. i dig the hybrid highlander.... :ph34r: they should make a hybrid matrix.... hahaha

i hear lexus makes one too...

oh yeah, one final bit of Celerity advice you should all follow:

Tomorrow, go to the autoparts store and buy a locking gas cap!

-> A tip from your Uncle Cel.

Originally posted by hondarin@Sep 1 2005, 09:57 PM
as far as the hydrogen thing tho, when you drop a battery into the water, you get oxygen and hydrogen through electric dissociation. and hydrogen burns clear btw. it's fun if you're a pyro, but not really a good way to get mass amounts of hydrogen.
[post=548555]Quoted post[/post]​

Electrolysis. Best done with some salt water and something mildly conductive on each pole of the battery instead of dunking the battery. If you up the juice, say to a pair of 9volts in series, you'll get more hydrogen.

My buddy and I used to harvest hydrogen that way. It's flammable, no doubt.

Originally posted by Sabz5150+Sep 1 2005, 11:38 PM-->
@Sep 1 2005, 09:57 PM
as far as the hydrogen thing tho, when you drop a battery into the water, you get oxygen and hydrogen through electric dissociation.  and hydrogen burns clear btw.  it's fun if you're a pyro, but not really a good way to get mass amounts of hydrogen.
[post=548555]Quoted post[/post]​

Electrolysis. Best done with some salt water and something mildly conductive on each pole of the battery instead of dunking the battery. If you up the juice, say to a pair of 9volts in series, you'll get more hydrogen.

My buddy and I used to harvest hydrogen that way. It's flammable, no doubt.
[post=548622]Quoted post[/post]​

dissociation with electrical catalyst and electrolysis is basically the same thing. dissociation being a chemical reaction in which one molecule is broken down into the separate molecules or atoms that make it up.

but, whatever.

Baltimore, MD

I filled up my truck on monday @ $2.61/gal.

Gas at the same station yesterday was $3.49/gal.

I'm dreading driving by there today...

or you can always add HCl and heat the bastard until you get a substitution reaction.

ochem was sure a fun class.

Back