Why do you hate Hondas?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lol, no fucking way. It cuts the acceleration down so much, you'd think the car was gonna stall.

ive seen ppl who put sandbags in so they could 'drift' better, but wtf are u supposed to do with a fwd drifting other that sling it around a corner, which i dont think actually counts as drifting, im not saying i havent ragged the shit out of my toyota doing it but, get a rwd for that, unless your packing the sandbags in your truck incase of a flood to save your city or something lol

More sense to do up a honda? How do you see this? I mean the 92-2000 civics weren't terrible cars, they had a decent idea... light fun-ish car that gets decent mileage. A friend of mine owns a 95 that gets 40s on the highway, but they are not fast, they are not meant to be fast, and it takes quite a bit more money for a civic to run an 11 second quarter than say.... a small block powered RX7.....
Small block powered RX7 is possible, but rediculous. My uncle builds RX7s, and he did this ONCE. Said it was one of the biggest pains in the ass. WTF else are you gonna do with a 400 in an RX7 than tow it to the track, and race it. You can build a bad ass honda thats street legal with less effort than the 7. I'd rather blow people's minds with a 4 cyl than have them go wow, what a dumbass, wasting all that time dropping that engine in that little car.

As for the thing I hate about hondas, I'd have to say shitty idle problems.

400hp- I'd probably tow that to the track.

For me, I would build that small block up to about 800-900whp with a nice beefy torque curve, then daily drive it.

That'd be almost as bad as this guy i saw one time that had a chevy 350 on a damn bike. He had to hit every gas station in town, and i saw him pushing it at least twice, cause he was too cool for a bigger gas tank on his hardcore to the core chopper built by the big dizzawgs out west. You know, the people that know nothing of building bikes for racing?

Small block powered RX7 is possible, but rediculous. My uncle builds RX7s, and he did this ONCE. Said it was one of the biggest pains in the ass. WTF else are you gonna do with a 400 in an RX7 than tow it to the track, and race it. You can build a bad ass honda thats street legal with less effort than the 7. I'd rather blow people's minds with a 4 cyl than have them go wow, what a dumbass, wasting all that time dropping that engine in that little car. That'd be almost as bad as this guy i saw one time that had a chevy 350 on a damn bike. He had to hit every gas station in town, and i saw him pushing it at least twice, cause he was too cool for a bigger gas tank on his hardcore to the core chopper built by the big dizzawgs out west. You know, the people that know nothing of building bikes for racing?
Ridiculous, eh? I promise I go a lot faster, a lot easier, with a lot less parts, and a lot cheaper than a honda.... What do you consider badass in a honda? 14s? 13s? dare I even mention 12s? Wasting time dropping in the motor? Are you going to boost the D-serious?

As for the small block'd bike..... they are fun, its annoying to drive, annoying to ride, but as an over all idea they are fun.... the big block versions are just wicked.... they aren't built for speed, they are built to be a small block powered motorcycle....which used to be rare... and now... not so much.

To put an end to this discussion of modding the hondas vs. whatever I can come up with.

Any one of you can pick a honda, pick a honda drivetrain and build it to whatever specs you want (drag, street, road racing), give a price list of all details or links to prices and let us see if I can come up with something cheaper, faster, more economical, and more fun.

Any takers?

^ Gayest post I've read in a while.

What are we going to do, have an "E-Build?"

"Oh, mine would be faster because.."
"No mine would be"
"Well mine would corner better"
"No mine would"

.. You get it. Retarded.

Ridiculous, eh? I promise I go a lot faster, a lot easier, with a lot less parts, and a lot cheaper than a honda.... What do you consider badass in a honda? 14s? 13s? dare I even mention 12s? Wasting time dropping in the motor? Are you going to boost the D-serious?

As for the small block'd bike..... they are fun, its annoying to drive, annoying to ride, but as an over all idea they are fun.... the big block versions are just wicked.... they aren't built for speed, they are built to be a small block powered motorcycle....which used to be rare... and now... not so much.

To put an end to this discussion of modding the hondas vs. whatever I can come up with.

Any one of you can pick a honda, pick a honda drivetrain and build it to whatever specs you want (drag, street, road racing), give a price list of all details or links to prices and let us see if I can come up with something cheaper, faster, more economical, and more fun.

Any takers?
I don't understand how you have been here for so long, have so many posts, have a good ammount of rep and appear to hate Hondas. I just don't get it.

Last edited:
Edit Tags
Tags aleaf likes 400lb men?
11x11progress.gif
vBulletin Message

Cancel Changes

nice tag lmao

Any takers?

You gunna use that Vette or what ever that you got the one time deals on, or are you gunna use prices that anyone can get any day of the week?

Thats the smoothest sounding 8 second civic ever, very clean and good grip, thats a fast car.
Yea I know. Alot of the 8 second civics spin through 1st and most of 2nd. Half of getting a good time is reaction time and hooking up, the other half is having like 800 hp lol. He got a 8.28 quarter mile, fuckin fast.

Considering an Enzo Ferrari on a good day stock does 11.1ish seconds, and thats a fast supercar...... then whats the civic? A super compact?

I don't understand how you have been here for so long, have so many posts, have a good ammount of rep and appear to hate Hondas. I just don't get it.
I guess that why hes posting in the " what do you hate about hondas?" thread:p

As for Nissanninjas comments,
I've seen you make this aguement so many times before...no offense but, It's getting kinda old.

"cheaper,faster,more economical, and more fun" you won't get all of these in ANY vehicle, much less comparing it to a honda and beating it in all catagories **except a bike

You can rule out "fun" because that is all in perspective. Example; Most girls think going to the mall is fun. ALEAF thinks "fun" is shoving her 400lb boyfrie.....er..... I mean "room mate" into small cars, t-shirts, and baby strollers.

"cheaper"? by what standard? Doesn't get much cheaper than a honda. If you find a cheaper car with more power, than you just threw "more economical" out of the window and 10 to 1 the only up it has IS power.

"faster" means alot of things... but do you mean in a straight line? Throw "more economical" out of the window again...If you mean around a circuit/back road? Throw "cheaper" out of the window. You may make something else blow the doors off a honda...but you will still be passed at the pump. You can make something out handle a honda but you will throw more money at it than you will the honda to turn the same times or make more passes.

Now if you want to play a numbers game, I'll play... but start your own thread on this topic and please stop filling other peoples threads with this tired ass argument.

end of statement.

Back on the thread.....

I hate the god-dammed fender well clips....which isn't a honda specific problem, but a "honda-hate"
I also hate that every damn ricer can't spell "vtec" right even though it is probally spelled perfect for them right on the top of their valve cover.

Small block powered RX7 is possible, but rediculous. My uncle builds RX7s, and he did this ONCE. Said it was one of the biggest pains in the ass. WTF else are you gonna do with a 400 in an RX7 than tow it to the track, and race it. You can build a bad ass honda thats street legal with less effort than the 7. I'd rather blow people's minds with a 4 cyl than have them go wow, what a dumbass, wasting all that time dropping that engine in that little car.

As for the thing I hate about hondas, I'd have to say shitty idle problems.
I work with a guy who had one. Said it was easy. And the most fun he every had in a car. He said he's going to build another once he gets the funds. The first was so much fun that he wrecked it.

Last edited:
Back