Why you dont put remote start on MTs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

naw he didnt do anything, he just put his JDM front end on it and called it a day.

Well, i want to bump this one cause i think hes gonna end up having this totaled out and parting out his teg. Sad days.

Before (meaning after it got back from paint)

DCAM0025small.jpg

DCAM0037small.jpg

sDCAM0005small.jpg

sDCAM0030small.jpg

End Result:

02-02-07_1103.jpg

02-02-07_1105.jpg

02-02-07_1106.jpg

The moral of this story is...do not have nice things. They will eventually get jacked up...even when its not your fault.

*Edit*

He got off the phone with the girl's insurance company, and they are totaling it out. The cost to repair the frame damage and engine damage (power steering bracket broke off) exceeds the blue book of the car. Now hes just trying to get receipts for the wheels and front end (he already got the one for the paint).

Last edited:
DSC02103.jpg

This is the pic that makes me laugh. Clean JDM front teg....with EK steelies.

First of all, it depends on what state you're in as to who is liable. From my point of view, it's the owner's fault for getting remote start installed on a MT. Not the installer, not the dad. And the owner is stupid for remote starting the car since he wasn't the one who parked it. On the other hand, if he told the shop to have the ebrake cut off the remote start, then it's partially their fault. But the owner should have tested that before they ever released the car to him. Secondly, you should ALWAYS park your car in gear and not rely on the ebrake. Every post above this is a list of idiots IMO. The ebrake holds the rear brakes only. Brakes are a wear item destined to fail, requiring periodic adjustment. Your sister is going to borrow your car and drive it around w/out releasing the ebrake. Then you get the car, park it on a hill that has no curb, and it will roll into someone's living room. It happened up the street from me. Love the pics. I'm going to use them.

i have an automatic RS on my 5spd mirage.

when i start it in gear with the e-brake up, it blows the starter fuse. we tried it a few times, and blew a few fuses :) this caused me to tighten up my cable quite a bit.

i also have power locks, shock sensors, hood pop, backup alarm battery, trunk release, and i can turn the headlamps on and off.

i have rs on my eg, it will buck about a foot, but quits, that accident in the beginning of the thread looks like someone was drunk and hit the wall. i know for my car, even if it touched the wall, theres not enought tourqe to abliterate it. just my thought.

Back