Wil got a job working on Ferraris.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The F40 is a piece of shit. That is all.

Driven one. It's made for salt flats. No road in the world supports it's crummy suspension. Every screw is stripped, and every bracket is crooked.

The engine sounds neat, but you'll never hear it because you need earplugs for the wind noise.

Don't care. F40 is still my dream car. More specifically the F40 LM/GTE. Only 19 chassis ever made.

Had a chance to do some sidework for a family friend who used to own The Speed Factory in MA. Did Alfa/Ferrari work and eventually ended up doing a lot of competition prep/upkeep on F333's/355 challenge/360GT's.

But good luck with the job. I love my work, but I do wonder what it would be like to work on older cars.

:whocares: about the f40, steve is right, they downright suck on the north loop. My dream car is a honda beat, at least it's streetable (just not in the US, ever.)

I remember quite a while ago there was one for sale online. I don't think it was street legal though. I think it was the purple one that has been whored around the Internet.

This shit needs to stop, we need to be able to import shits y0!!!

dont see how it would be legal.. the 25 yr rule doesnt apply anymore... i think they capped it at '75

Hmmm.... never saw that.

NHTSA import page:

Vehicle Importation and Certification Requirements

Which then links to this:

Importation and Certification FAQ's Directory--All Vehicles

8. Importing a vehicle that is at least 25 years old.

A motor vehicle that is at least 25 years old can be lawfully imported into the U.S. without regard to whether it complies with all applicable FMVSS. Such a vehicle would be entered under Box 1 on the HS-7 Declaration form to be given to Customs at the time of importation. If you wish to see that form, you may download a copy from our website at Vehicle Importation and Certification Requirements. You should note that the 25 year period runs from the date of the vehicle's manufacture. If the date of manufacture is not identified on a label permanently affixed to the vehicle by its original manufacturer, to establish the age of the vehicle, you should have documentation available such as an invoice showing the date the vehicle was first sold or a registration document showing that the vehicle was registered at least 25 years ago. Absent such information, a statement from a recognized vehicle historical society identifying the age of the vehicle could be used.

It's something I'd definitely have to look up when the time comes. I'd really LOVE to have a Beat or a Cappuccino.

They have Beats already imported to Canada so shouldn't be too hard to readily bring them down!

Back