Women suck at parking

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The other night on David Letterman, Kelly Ripa was trying to park a car and they were filming it. Granted she was in a sedan and the parking space was small, but she just kept scraping her front bumper trying to squeeze the car in and then hit the car in back pretty hard. I wonder whose cars those were? lol. Well it was all caught on tape and the show has plenty of money to pay for the damages.

I am more afraid of old people, both male and female, parking and driving near me. An old geezer backed into my car a few years back. Of course he was in a huge American boat for his protection. :angry:

<---- I'm a good city parker! :eek:

haning out in the city you get good training on parking in tight spots. i agree some people can't park and they are mostly holding up traffic trying to shove an explorer where a mini copper wouldn't fit but eh its comedy.

Ooh, women can't park my foot. :rawr: it seems to me that men are the ones that like to take us as many spots as humany possible and not allow ANYONE else to have a spot. Thats it, open your hatch, I'm parking inside your car, see how you like that! (i could do it too don't test me.) :angry:

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Feb 19 2004, 02:57 PM

I am more afraid of old people, both male and female, parking and driving near me. An old geezer backed into my car a few years back. Of course he was in a huge American boat for his protection. :angry:

old people scare the SHIT out of me you never know what they're gonna do! :wacko:

Originally posted by pocketrocket@Feb 19 2004, 03:07 PM
it seems to me that men are the ones that like to take us as many spots as humany possible and not allow ANYONE else to have a spot. :angry:

Haha! Men get way too anal about their cars' exteriors. My sister worked at a place where the all the guys would take up 1-1/2 spaces for their beloved cars. If she didn't get to her shift early, she'd have to park really far away from the building. What a bunch of self-centered jerks!

Originally posted by complicity+Feb 19 2004, 12:16 PM-->
94RedSiGal
@Feb 19 2004, 02:57 PM

old people scare the SHIT out of me you never know what they're gonna do! :wacko:

old person voice/ im sorry son, i didnt see you. in fact i cant see anything because my glasses are as thick as coke bottles. or i confused the gas and the brake.

i personally think that once you need help walking down the street, or cant stand up straight, you should have your liscense yanked.

Originally posted by JOHNNYLIGHTFOOT@Feb 19 2004, 04:35 PM
i personally think that once you need help walking down the street, or cant stand up straight, you should have your liscense yanked.

Or a hazard avoidance course to get your license and everytime you get it renewed.

Instructor: "Woops, you just crushed Billy there. No license for you."

Originally posted by DarkHand+Feb 19 2004, 02:40 PM-->
JOHNNYLIGHTFOOT
@Feb 19 2004, 04:35 PM

Or a hazard avoidance course to get your license and everytime you get it renewed.

Instructor: "Woops, you just crushed Billy there. No license for you."

word...

Originally posted by JOHNNYLIGHTFOOT+Feb 19 2004, 05:35 PM-->
Originally posted by complicity@Feb 19 2004, 12:16 PM
94RedSiGal
@Feb 19 2004, 02:57 PM

I am more afraid of old people, both male and female, parking and driving near me.  An old geezer backed into my car a few years back.  Of course he was in a huge American boat for his protection.  :angry:

old person voice/ im sorry son, i didnt see you. in fact i cant see anything because my glasses are as thick as coke bottles. or i confused the gas and the brake.

YES exactly

in the town where i live, there are old people SIGNS. you know how they have crosswalk signs at crosswalks, the yellow ones with the people on them? these have a person, with a cane, hunched over, walking. its ridiculous

when you turn 50 or 60 you should have to re-take your road test. period. :p

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous@Feb 19 2004, 05:57 PM
Or if you leave your blinker on while your driving.....automatic fail!!!

But what's with people (both young and old) that just don't use turn signals at all? Mostly on the highways, but I even saw a construction truck not using his left turn signal. He was going really slowly, and when I honked him, he swore at me. I almost stopped to talk to him about it. :angry:

Also in Florida on I-95, I saw several cars with hazard lights on and still going 80mph. WTF is up with that? What's the crisis? One guy was in the passing lane going 85 with his hazards on and I flashed my highbeams at him until he pulled over. Driving with hazards on used to mean some sort of mechanical distress was going on and usually that car was in the breakdown lane driving way UNDER the speed limit. Stupid confused Florida people...

People that DONT use blinkers piss me off.

I can usually tell when people think that Im not going fast enough for them and they just fly around me and cut me off and dont even have the courtesy to use their blinker!! THAT shit pisses me of. And what do they gain?? Just one single spot in front of me. Its like we switched spots and were both sitting at the red light.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Feb 19 2004, 03:17 PM

Haha! Men get way too anal about their cars' exteriors. My sister worked at a place where the all the guys would take up 1-1/2 spaces for their beloved cars.

Sorry I don't like people who can't park and don't give a shit about if their door hits someone elses car. I like to have the exterior of my $34,000 truck stay in mint condition. What about people with big trucks like mine that are longer than most parking spaces?

women DONT need to know how to drive or park when they have a suv becaus they are retarded and have a false sense of security that they are safe with their 5000 pound truck and 4 wheel drive,

but who really dont know how to drive is about anyone in a suv with a cell phone, i was so close to getting t-boned by a expedition going about 30 running a red light on my towns main street(25mph) to bad my instincts were to not die or else id be rollin in cash....if i wasnt dead caus it was going to hit my driver door........

Originally posted by Jeef@Feb 19 2004, 07:31 PM
What about people with big trucks like mine that are longer than most parking spaces?

Stick to going to Home Depot and park away from the rest of the cars? Your truck is not a city car. To be honest, I'm not really sympathetic to large trucks and SUV's that I mostly see driving by with one person and empty cargo area. I gather that your truck has an original purpose of being some sort of work vehicle to haul building supplies? If so, a working vehicle is not meant to have a perfect exterior...

<--- Always takes care never to open her car door into someone else's car and doesn't leave her shopping cart just anywhere when she's done with it. And the cars that my sister was dealing with were mostly Trans Ams and such. It was a width issue.

It has 1500 miles on it. I tow a lot with my truck and it might be used for business purposes, but I move a lot of stuff with it. Why can't I have a nice truck for business purposes? What if I had clients in my truck and need the bed to haul some larger items around? So what if I drive it around with just me in it. I get a lot more respect and its a nicer vehicle than my 89 crx. I have parked in the back of lots on a snow bank last year with my other truck. It was 2 months old, I got out of home depot and had a huge door ding on it and I parked in the back of the lot on a snow bank.

Originally posted by Jeef@Feb 19 2004, 09:57 PM
It has 1500 miles on it. I tow a lot with my truck and it might be used for business purposes, but I move a lot of stuff with it. Why can't I have a nice truck for business purposes? What if I had clients in my truck and need the bed to haul some larger items around? So what if I drive it around with just me in it. I get a lot more respect and its a nicer vehicle than my 89 crx. I have parked in the back of lots on a snow bank last year with my other truck. It was 2 months old, I got out of home depot and had a huge door ding on it and I parked in the back of the lot on a snow bank.

jeebus why are you defending yourself on why you own a truck?

both parties can't park but it seems women are more noticable.

Back