World Series?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cub's and the A's....i dont want to see any team from the east coast in the series im a huge cub's fan so im glad to see them doing so well.

your just afraid of the power of tha east side.......

I predict Cubs vs Yankees in the World series baby... My guess is a somewhat high scoring game on both sides with the CUBS (GO CUBS) pulling it out.

My prediction: Cubs 9, Yankees 6

EDIT: Oh, this'll be in 6 or 7 games. :) Final game is the score above.

Originally posted by quicksi@Oct 6 2003, 05:45 AM
The Sox can't win a playoff game? Are you serious? Spoken like a true Yankees fan, who knows nothing of the Sox.......I heard at the beggining of the season how the Sox wpon't be able to even beat the Yankees in a series, then the Yanks were swept at Fenway, the sox won 2-4 at Yankee stadium, and won a series down in the bronx, they manaaged to lose a series or two also.......

The the Yanks will play the Sox in the ALCS and we will see what will happen then, but until then, don't be hatin on a team that spends HALF of the money that your team does and only finishes three-four games back in the win loss column.......Its sad that your team has to BUY championships everyyear by gobbling up the best players just to keep them from other teams. Your team owner is going to ultimatly ruin Baseball, and if you haven't noticed, the ratings have been decling and football is taking over as our national past time. The ONLY thing that would change it, for this year at least, is for either the sox to win, the cubs to win, or the sox facing the cubs in the series......

Assuming that the Sox actually win tonight in Oakland (not likely), we'll see what happens in the ALCS.

And haven't we already had enough whining about the Yankees by Red Sox fans? You can sling all the excuses you want, but the fact remains, the Yankees are a better team, and their countless number of World Series wins to the Red Sox's pathetic total will speak this fact over and over.

Oh yeah, Barry Bonds most definitely does NOT deserve a World Series ring. He's a cocky, arrogant bastard who has no class.

Don't even start bitching that bonds is cocky, any player who hits 72 HR in a single season, and gets intentionally walked over 100 times a season has the right to be cocky. I don't give a shit what anybody says, if you are that good, go ahead and be cocky, he can definetly back it up. So he doesn't deserve a ring because of his attitude. :newbie: Talent is what makes a player not his mouth. Ali was a smack talking mother fucker, and look where he is at in History. I think I made my point.

Now, the Stankies only win, because of their money, not saying that it isn't smart by Steinbrenor(SP?) I would do it, but it just pisses me off. Nothing you can do about it. The Yankies have the best team, but not the best players. Not that the Cubs won, I still like Ivan "Pudge" Rodriquez, favorite player, so I want the Marlins to go all the way, but I won't be mad if the Cubbies make it, they deserve it. I also want the Sox could win, I love Pedro, great pitcher.

Assuming that the Sox actually win tonight in Oakland (not likely), we'll see what happens in the ALCS.

ok, lets take a look at tonights game and see what we come up with. On the mond, we have pedro Martinez on 4 days rest, who by the way has pitched pretty well this year and despite his win total (which basically has to do with offensive output as well as pitching stats) will be considered for the Cy young (although Halladay should get it). He will be going against the A's Barry Zito who is going to be pitching on 3 days rest, and to behonest, hasn't had a stellar season. The Red Sox have one of the most potent offenses in the league, and the A's do not.

I like the red Sox chances here, although, I wouldn't surprise me IF the A's won. Its anyones game tonight, but I like the sox chances better.....

And haven't we already had enough whining about the Yankees by Red Sox fans? You can sling all the excuses you want, but the fact remains, the Yankees are a better team, and their countless number of World Series wins to the Red Sox's pathetic total will speak this fact over and over.

Can't you come up with anyhing better than 1918??? Over the course of those years, the sox have been pretty damn competitive. Over the last 30 years, the Sox have a higher win percentage than the Yankees do. But there IS a curse at work. Bucky Dent comes to mind, the worst offensiveplayer on that Yankees team hitting the game winning home run.......so, we aren't whining, its called frustration.......you can't deny that the Sox are still one of the premier frnachises and there are prolly more people rooting for the sox than there are rooting for the yankees. Remember, your Yankees will always be associated with Bought championships because your team can fford to spend that much more than any other team in the league. You have an owner that is relentless in keeping talent away from other teams and spending that much more than any other team strictly to make baseball less competitive. your team will always be associated with that. How does it feel, that your team is turning peopple AWAY from baseball rather than bringing them in??? must be a great feeling for all those championships, cause sooner or later, all thos championships won't matter as much.....

Originally posted by quicksi@Oct 6 2003, 10:56 AM
Can't you come up with anyhing better than 1918??? Over the course of those years, the sox have been pretty damn competitive. Over the last 30 years, the Sox have a higher win percentage than the Yankees do. But there IS a curse at work. Bucky Dent comes to mind, the worst offensiveplayer on that Yankees team hitting the game winning home run.......so, we aren't whining, its called frustration.......you can't deny that the Sox are still one of the premier frnachises and there are prolly more people rooting for the sox than there are rooting for the yankees. Remember, your Yankees will always be associated with Bought championships because your team can fford to spend that much more than any other team in the league. You have an owner that is relentless in keeping talent away from other teams and spending that much more than any other team strictly to make baseball less competitive. your team will always be associated with that. How does it feel, that your team is turning peopple AWAY from baseball rather than bringing them in??? must be a great feeling for all those championships, cause sooner or later, all thos championships won't matter as much.....

Hey, I'd much rather have my team associated with winning and championships than with losing and being cut-rate. The point of having a "bought" team can always be contested (especially since people who accuse the Yankees of that can only speak for the last few years, and not the numerous other decades they've dominated), but never proven.

It's a proven fact that the Red Sox haven't won a championship in close to 90 years, and that can only be attributed to having a poor team and a poor franchise.

And those last 3 or 4 sentences are indeed alot of whining.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Oct 6 2003, 10:51 AM
Don't even start bitching that bonds is cocky, any player who hits 72 HR in a single season, and gets intentionally walked over 100 times a season has the right to be cocky. I don't give a shit what anybody says, if you are that good, go ahead and be cocky, he can definetly back it up. So he doesn't deserve a ring because of his attitude. :newbie: Talent is what makes a player not his mouth. Ali was a smack talking mother fucker, and look where he is at in History. I think I made my point.

I can bitch all I want about Bonds being cocky. I have much more respect for someone who's modest and acts like he's been there before. I can't stand showboating, I can't stand it when Bonds acts like he's God's gift to baseball, when all he was or can ever hope to be is a loudmouth who happens to have a good bat.

Ali had a right to smack talk. He was the best. Bonds is a far cry from the best baseball player around.

I can bitch all I want about Bonds being cocky. I have much more respect for someone who's modest and acts like he's been there before. I can't stand showboating, I can't stand it when Bonds acts like he's God's gift to baseball, when all he was or can ever hope to be is a loudmouth who happens to have a good bat.

Ali had a right to smack talk. He was the best. Bonds is a far cry from the best baseball player around.

Are you insane? Who is better than Bonds in baseball right now? Umm... no one. There is no way that you can sit here and tell me that there is, what other player has hit 400 Home runs, and stole 400 bases. No one. how about 500/500 no one. Who is going to make to 600/600 Bonds. Who is pace to break Aaron's home run record Bonds. Who is still hitting like his twenty, at 38 years old Bonds. That is just talking about his speed and bat. How bout the fact that he still has a cannon for an arm. How is Bonds not the best.

When was the last time he did any showboating, hmm, when he broke the record, whenever he hits a home run, shit man, is he just supposed to walk away, let him celebrate there is nothing wrong with that. I still have never seen him give an atttitude, unless he gets walked. I mean christ the guy got walked I think three times in one of the series games, all intentional, of course he is going to have an attitude, he doesn't get to hit, I would be pissed off too. Now if you go and say that, he didn't get pitched to and they lost, Bonds is the whole team, well... if one guy took an entire team to the Playoffs, please let him talk, you could not do that. Most attitude comes from the talent, and Bonds has more than enough.

BTW, who is the best in baseball, in your opinion.

Jesus quicksi, get over Boston alread. News flash : they don't have the greatest teams in the world, so stop acting like they are. Patriots got lucky in '01 (I beleive it was a conspiracy, but that's another time) Celtics--look up definition of owned in the dictionary, it will have the words New Jersey somewhere in the defintion. And the Red Sox, if they are stupid enough to believe in a curse, they don't deserve SHIT.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Oct 6 2003, 07:53 PM

Hey, I'd much rather have my team associated with winning and championships than with losing and being cut-rate.

The ONLY people that associate the Sox with losing are the Yankees fans. 90% of the other teams out there would LOVE to be in the Red Sox shoes, having an unbelievable fan base, and tema that has money to spend.

The point of having a "bought" team can always be contested (especially since people who accuse the Yankees of that can only speak for the last few years, and not the numerous other decades they've dominated), but never proven.

Do we agree that pitching is where everything starts? Besides Petite and Rivera, who have the Yankees brought up??? Certainly not Clemens, Certainly not Wells, Certainly not Mussina, and certainly not Contreras (who by the way is the BIGGEST flaw to your argument). I will even be willing to bet that when Javier Vasquez becomes available come winter, you will see the Yanks outbid everyone else BY FAR also just to secure his services, when they have a pitching rotation that is basically already just about the best in the biz.....

It's a proven fact that the Red Sox haven't won a championship in close to 90 years, and that can only be attributed to having a poor team and a poor franchise.

Poor team, and poor franchise? Please.......they were poorly run for many years, that is true, but still not a poor franchise. That is like saying the Steelers are a poor franchise because they haven't won since the 70's or the Tigers are a poor franchise because they lost 115 + games this year. Every team has their downturn, unfortunatly this is the Sox.

And those last 3 or 4 sentences are indeed alot of whining.

so what if I whine as a red sox fan, its what we are good at.....

Jesus quicksi, get over Boston alread. News flash : they don't have the greatest teams in the world, so stop acting like they are.

since when did I EVER say that they are the greatist team in the world, Show it to me!! I never said that, don't put words in my mouth, kiss my ass......

Patriots got lucky in '01 (I beleive it was a conspiracy, but that's another time)

Has to be either a Rams fan, or a Raiders fan, I am willing to bet Raiders, because at least Rams fans know that the Pats outplayed them in the superbowl, Raiders fans still have a hard time excepting that loss......

Celtics--look up definition of owned in the dictionary, it will have the words New Jersey somewhere in the defintion.

yeah, owned...hahaha..thats a great one.... cough...16 championships, 9 in a row.....cough

And the Red Sox, if they are stupid enough to believe in a curse, they don't deserve SHIT.

well, obviously you don't know alot about baseball, or even the Sox for that matter. The Sox change year in and year out, the fans are the ones who say its a curse, and 99% of them say it tongue in cheek......

Crawl back to your hole.....I'm done with you.....

hey Bill, I took this pic at 4am on Monday morning from the bridge that goes over to Cambridge right off of Commonwealth... thought you might like it:

GO-SOX.jpg

Is it real or chopped? That is very easy to chop, too bad I don't have it, but I will live.

the sox wont win. they dont have the experience or the caliber of a team. see its not that the yankees buy their players (they have bought big players...and two dont play all the time) they have a good well rounded team that works together. sox have like.....2 good players and a few alright players....i just dont see them winning........atleast not in 20 years.

NegroFear.jpg

I am from Seattle, neither a Raiders fan nor a Rams fan so
I never said that, don't put words in my mouth, kiss my ass......

Ok, let me rephrase that--If the city of Boston blames their team's shittiness on a curse, then they don't deserve to have a winning franchise.

Pray tell, what was the the number of games it took for New Jersey to beat Boston last year?

You might want to ask around here before you pick fights, n00b. I will dish shit out twice as bad as you can.

The pic is not chopped... There are others floating around the internet, but I took that in person with my digicam.

Afipunk21: a word to the wise, don't mess with Bill (QuickSi) cuz he is a pickle eating tough guy, and most people know that Boston has to be the most passionate city as far as it's team goes, even though it looses all the time. So i'd drop it before it is to late.

Back