wrx questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B you need to freshen up on Subaru product knowledge.
All Subaru's are now more mpg friendly than ever with the forester being on top of the list.

XT is badass with its twin scroll turbo and now being able to run in regular too thanks to its fuel injection setup.
Impreza's are awesome too. Can we better with a fwd? Yes but then it won't be a Subaru :)

im not much of a fan of the current model foresters, but the 2014's look good (but xt only comes with cvt?).

im going to move to fl and work with taco.
there we will unite our love for subarus and make the worlds first subaru* bukkake film.

*i was going to say sti, but somebody would have pointed out that that stands for sexually transmitted infection, and im sure that films already been made.... numerous times.

Bwahhhh!!! Love it.

Foresters are best we've ever seen. CVT is somewhat the way of the new era in most cars and while I wasn't a fan it's waayyyyy better in a Forester. I find it advantageous in all aspects from smoother accelerating to keeping the boost levels up than traditional shifting. Not to mention the better fuel economy.

If you want to shift its the only Forester with paddle shifter now to simulate gears. It does come in handy when you want to redline it.

It's my new favorite Subie. Even over the 3.6R Outback.

Bwahhhh!!! Love it.

Foresters are best we've ever seen. CVT is somewhat the way of the new era in most cars and while I wasn't a fan it's waayyyyy better in a Forester. I find it advantageous in all aspects from smoother accelerating to keeping the boost levels up than traditional shifting. Not to mention the better fuel economy.

If you want to shift its the only Forester with paddle shifter now to simulate gears. It does come in handy when you want to redline it.

It's my new favorite Subie. Even over the 3.6R Outback.

Time to go test drive one. What's the EPA rating on it, and what do people actually get?

probably not. i cant imagine the CVT is as strong as the 5sp, and thats usually the point where things start breaking on the 5sp.

also, how it's being driven will impact how long it lasts, but im assuming worst case.

New ones may be better.

but hes talking about old ones.... one the exact year I owned.

my 2.5 rs was also shit on fuel, and a dog to boot.

my g/fs outback is lucky to see 22. not to mention the seating position is garbage. hate driving her car.

I get 18 in the truck tooling around the city... seating position is great, turning radius is NOT, but compared to an Outback? Eh, I like the truck. I've gotten as high as 24 on a highway trip.

But that turning- made a U-turn yesterday and had 3 lanes to turn in- ended up going completely up onto and past the sidewalk with all 4 wheels. Oh well, just felt like a speed bump.

:D

Want to improve turning radius? rev up and dump the clutch with the wheel cranked over. lol

Done it- too much grip now with 285s all around. I'd have to jack my tire pressure WAY up to be able to spin 180 in the truck.

Back