WTF is this?? NEW PICS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Also, the CRX gives 600+cc sport bikes runs for their money.

just about every 600cc sport bike made in the last decade was sub 12 second quarter, most under 11 seconds...

you're telling me a slightly worked EW4 with the stock tune ecu is going to pull a sub 12 second quarter?

you've lost your mind

I'd almost kinda believe it could....

It did kinda keep up with my CRX when it was turbo'ed but had blown rings....but then again, my crx couldn't keep up with steves stock civic dx on the highway...thats when the motor blew. But again...I had over 219Ks on the motor, and a comp check of 50-120 on the rings...and no real exhaust to let the turbo flow with...it was set up to get out of the hole, and to the first corner. Although my butt-dyno placed my CRX at 130-140hp while turbo'ed, and a proven dyno of 107 when it was N/A...and at the time...it was drift worthy :ph34r:

All this talk of EW4's is giving me a boner....to bad the major Honda population has no idea what that motor is capable of. :laugh: And I guess as soon as I get my yard sorted out...then the CRX will come in for it's rebuild.

I could always use a spare D15A3....if I had a stock one, then it could drop into the civic I have...and it could be on the road again.

if anyone wants this EW4, it ran when i pulled it from a donor as a spare for my car...
free

All this talk of EW4's is giving me a boner....to bad the major Honda population has no idea what that motor is capable of. And I guess as soon as I get my yard sorted out...then the CRX will come in for it's rebuild.
the motor might be capable of a lot, but why bother...
times have changed, everyone is moving onto bigger and better things...

Something this spring im gonna pick up a D16Y7 from a kid who no longer wants it. I'm thinking of building it, and throwing either my old B7 head on it - with work, or getting another Z6 head and having Steve have his way with it for a few months. :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
if anyone wants this EW4, it ran when i pulled it from a donor as a spare for my car...
free

All this talk of EW4's is giving me a boner....to bad the major Honda population has no idea what that motor is capable of. And I guess as soon as I get my yard sorted out...then the CRX will come in for it's rebuild.
the motor might be capable of a lot, but why bother...
times have changed, everyone is moving onto bigger and better things...

because 1G CRX =/ plug and play like the newer cars.

even putting a D16z6 is very rough. up until a few months ago, it was something not done.

i would LOVE to have a D16z6 in my crx though :) maybe for the future.

REcked...how far are you from Meriden CT?...I'll pay your gas and toll's to get it here, plus I'll offer a good conversation and drinks of your flavor....

as for what could be done to the D15A3..the sky is the limit. Lightest engine, power can be produced with a few strokes of a die-grinder, tuning is basic, turbo/FI/carbs are availible, cams as well. A full girdled crank, splitable intake mani, header, or dx mani/turbo....basic....basic...basic....and in a car that can get down to the weight of 1800 wet (with fuel, oil, and coolant), suspension product just now availible to the market...ie...rear coil-overs with 450lb spring... :ph34r: , adjustable shocks, anything from most other Honda's will bolt on for brakes, and the ever glourious solid rear axle....dog pissing a corner is fun as hell, and makes it just a hair faster than IRS setups...due to the fact that 3 wheels are on the ground causing drag and friction...instead of 4 wheels... :wink: and even tall guys like me has plenty of room for the legs....except...I'm too tall for mine with the stock seats, and I can't heal/toe...but when I sat in a buddies car that has a Jamex seat...I fit the car like a glove...and my legs were nearly perfect to get my size 14 shoes to heal/toe. The engine can be pushed to 180hp NA, 200+ with forced induction....and in that light car, with that much hp, and the cornering abilities possible...the only thing that lacks is sticky tires and a good driver....and it can win nationals every year if built right and the right driver for autocross.

Granted....motor swaps are very popular lately, but adding more weight to the front screws up the balance of the car. Balance is very important for this car. Anyone can drive in a strate line fast, but real driver's are corner experts.

thats my clayton :mrgreen:

BTW.

it runs. its FUCKING ANGRY!!! i didnt beat on it though. it pulls nicely from a smooth launch to 5500 though :mrgreen: almost all the hiccup i had before with the supertrapp was gone. the compression is good. the car wants to rev so nicely. its really different from driving it home.

im glad i spent the extra cash on the OEM headgasket, and all new gaskets for the IM/EX mani's. the extra time porting and cleaning.

next on the list - fix the lower radiator support with new steel, obd1 conversion, and a nice tune by matty :)

Quoted post[/post]]
I'd almost kinda believe it could....

It did kinda keep up with my CRX when it was turbo'ed but had blown rings....but then again, my crx couldn't keep up with steves stock civic dx

In the third gear you're gonna feel a sting.. That's your pride fuckin' witcha.

Clayton's car romped mine at autocross though. My... <sigh> .... Chris' CRX is much more of a road car though, and Clayton's suspension is so nutty that I wouldn't put it in the hands of someone not trained at a real racing school, that can handle that sort of bodily abuse. Clayton's car seriously out maneuvers shifter-carts.

But I so have your ass on the streets and in flat-out runs kid :)

yea its crazy :)

we'll see. i cant wait to get it on a dyno for tuning though :mrgreen:

Thats what you think. I think mr.Super60 turbo and mr.Crome will have something to say about that. :ph34r:

REcked...how far are you from Meriden CT?...I'll pay your gas and toll's to get it here, plus I'll offer a good conversation and drinks of your flavor....

Start address: NY 12428

End address: Meriden, CT

Distance: 144 mi (about 3 hours 2 mins)
google maps

ouch, further than i thought...
i just got done working 7 days a week, and i gotta get back into the garage myself or else i'd make the trip
its not going anywhere though...
the only thing i have to haul a motor is my 91 mazda with 33's and i doubt you wanna foot that gas bill, and i don't think my 33's would like the highway

and mr mirage, i wanna see your dyno sheet after the tune, very curious how much you'll be squeezing out of that motor...

i've also got this "HF manifold" for an EW4 with an adapter plate and a volvo turbo bolted to it...
i would imagine the turbo is a little oversized for a 1.5, but it was pulled off a wrecked/running car and has minimal shaft play...

turbo crx, thats claytons territory. i personally would run a 14b :)

Turbo mirage drives 144 miles from his house to mine almost weekly :) Sometimes twice a weekend.

Come on man, it would be fun - hang out with us ! I'll bring Ann Coulter.

Quoted post[/post]]
Turbo mirage drives 144 miles from his house to mine almost weekly :) Sometimes twice a weekend.

Come on man, it would be fun - hang out with us ! I'll bring Ann Coulter.

its 100 miles exactly to your location :p 65 to claytons and autox. sunday is autox. recked come on up and run me :)

i'll make the trip, prob later on in the summer...
i'd like to give auto x a try, haven't tried it yet
but i'll prob bring the hatch...
tonight i go to my moms for dinner and laundry, then tomorrow i finally get back into the garage after not being there for about 2 or 3 months...
tax season is rough

you think your little toy crx will be able to run with a boosted z6 hatch?

and thanks for the offer on coulter, i'll def be looking forward to that
lol

Back