WTF is this?? NEW PICS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hawt!!!! that makes it even quicker thanks for the tip, clayton.

i dont care if i snap THAT cam, though. im sure i could pick up another one ANYWHERE :wink:

the cam that is going in would be a 90 Si cam.

Quoted post[/post]]
piece of mind.
what?
i don't understand...
my crx has been D16A1 swapped as a DD for 1-2 years now?
no problems what so ever...

is this a just cause you can issue?

I'll pit this car against an NA DOHC ZC swap anyday.

Quoted post[/post]]
the cam that is going in would be a 90 Si cam.

Until I heard this. Are you TRYING To make me kill you ? Keep the cam, at least drive what I built before ruining it :)

its easier to swap the cam than to make an adapter plate.

Its already been tried and true. I wont be breaking anything.

yay the crx is almost finished... just need the fuckin radiator overfill tank to get here so i can put it in and the distributor back on.

good to go :)

im going to move the battery behind the passenger side seat as well... as long as i can do it by CART rules :)

either/or :)

with the blown headgasket, seat of the pants dyno tells me it was much faster than my mirage.

is the EW4 built or something?

bring the crx down when you come to get this EW4 motor from me...
i'll line em up with you...

hrmmmm....a zc would be nice in that car....maybe even boost it......i plan on boostin my d16a6...did a fresh rebuild and shes all ready for it....( even tho my rear end is still smashed) good luck with yo rex bro :thumbsup:

ported/polished and refreshed head
slight mill
ported/port matched 2pc intake plenum, bored tb plenum for B series TB (later)
port matched exhaust ports, chikara header

steve can butter you up on the rest.

The car is CNC machined in the depths of hell, bourne of fire and hatred for all things kraut. It took me 2 weeks to merely engineer the exhaust, using a microphone, PC and an oscilloscope. The pulse waves are the exact displacement from the supertrapp discs. I'm alittle worried about the car blowing the supertrapp off (Chris hammered it on the way home and the muffler popped off). the throttle response is Formula1, and the flywheel is stock. The clutch is even OEM spec. It's an example of what differs an actual engine / system build from "bolt on performance". I built this car in an age when I showed up at the head shop and they said "Nice, where is the other one?". Hondaswaps weren't being done, and no one in the US was crazy enough to attempt squeezing power of the 1.5. But just like all the nonVTEC engines, old-school muscle principles still apply. Flow flow flow.

Real power is never made with bolt-ons and drop-ins. Lots of math involved.

I have another EW4 sitting in my garage. I need to put it together (I'm not buyin rings and gasket kit for an engine I'm not using)

Also, the CRX gives 600+cc sport bikes runs for their money.

Quoted post[/post]]
The car is CNC machined in the depths of hell, bourne of fire and hatred for all things kraut. It took me 2 weeks to merely engineer the exhaust, using a microphone, PC and an oscilloscope. The pulse waves are the exact displacement from the supertrapp discs. I'm alittle worried about the car blowing the supertrapp off (Chris hammered it on the way home and the muffler popped off). the throttle response is Formula1, and the flywheel is stock. The clutch is even OEM spec. It's an example of what differs an actual engine / system build from "bolt on performance". I built this car in an age when I showed up at the head shop and they said "Nice, where is the other one?". Hondaswaps weren't being done, and no one in the US was crazy enough to attempt squeezing power of the 1.5. But just like all the nonVTEC engines, old-school muscle principles still apply. Flow flow flow.

Real power is never made with bolt-ons and drop-ins. Lots of math involved.

yeah. i cant wait to hit the throttle with complete compression :)

also steve, im gonna have to ixnay the trapp. i'll get pulled over all day long :cry: im thinking of a nice borla.

hopefully after cleaning up with the obd1 conversion, and some tuning :) i'll be able to put pocket rocket back in the dictionary :mrgreen:

Back