WTF?!?!?!?! Weird situation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]

Unless your ej with b16 is slower than my del sol with b16.. the mustang is NOT faster. Last time I was at the road course in Reno there was one that could not shake me on the straights.

I'm sorry I use the phrase "out accelerate in the straights" and you use the terms "could not shake me on the straights."

I'm beating a dead horse here, but this is the final time I reiterate my point.

The mustang out accelerated you in the straights, he shook you in the straights, he gained almost the length of the entire straightaway on you while he accelerated on the straightaway, he blew your doors off, he did whatever the hell you want to dub the term for going faster than you in the straightaway like I've always said and you refuted.

It shook you in the straights, you caught up to it during the approaches to the turns and through the turns. I've proven my point.

To the starter of the thread, they're good cars if treated right and can be obtained for relatively cheap. Wait for the best deal on a mustang that hopefully wasn't driven by some really young, asinine driver and snatch it up, if thats what you really want.

A car is what you make of it and there's always going to be good reliable cars and lemons, even in the same model and year. Some parts will probably break or need to be replaced, but hey maybe you go a very long time before that happens or maybe you don't; only time will tell.

If you're fully retarded, or your name is just Battle Pope and you're always up for a good argument, just turn the video to 3:30mins for about the 10th time and watch. I R r3tawdeddddd derrrrrrrrrrr.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Unless your ej with b16 is slower than my del sol with b16.. the mustang is NOT faster. Last time I was at the road course in Reno there was one that could not shake me on the straights.

I'm sorry I use the phrase "out accelerate in the straights" and you use the terms "could not shake me on the straights."

I'm beating a dead horse here, but this is the final time I reiterate my point.

The mustang out accelerated you in the straights, he shook you in the straights, he gained almost the length of the entire straightaway on you while he accelerated on the straightaway, he blew your doors off, he did whatever the hell you want to dub the term for going faster than you in the straightaway like I've always said and you refuted.

It shook you in the straights, you caught up to it during the approaches to the turns and through the turns. I've proven my point.

I wonder, if the Mustang had superiority in the straights, why we never saw it again once he passed it? You would think that if the Mustang could "blow his doors off" or whatever, that in the very next straightaway it would be back in front of him? Oh, that's right, because it's not that much faster.

Exaclty Battle Pope. Some people just do not have any sense and there is no use arguing anymore. Mustangs are awesome uber fast technological marvels.

B16 coupe is right about the Cobra R though. It pulled 1.06 gs and ran 72 mph in the slalom. I would say that handles pretty well. :p

everyone needs to lighten up some lol

its pure common sense that a mustang is going to be trashed on, this is a honda board. just like every honda no matter how fast is trashed on at mustang boards.

mustangs are not the worst cars, but they arent the best. they may be a better starting platform for drag racing because they are rwd and bigger displacement. thats about the only place they are excelling at.

dump 5k into both cars and a mustang will be faster the a b16 sol in a 1/4 mile sure, but wtf cares?

and you can go ahead and officially mark me as the 3rd in this thread with personal experience of beating on mustangs in my del sol and all i do is drag race (not by choice) :p

ive tied a 94 cobra in the 1/8th on the street, both of us being lightly modded. beaten a few gt's.

to the comment that even a v6 mustang should beat a b16 del sol, thats just pure idiocy.

and one more thing, please tell my car insurance company that my del sol is not a sports car. thanks

Quoted post[/post]]
everyone needs to lighten up some lol

its pure common sense that a mustang is going to be trashed on, this is a honda board. just like every honda no matter how fast is trashed on at mustang boards.

mustangs are not the worst cars, but they arent the best. they may be a better starting platform for drag racing because they are rwd and bigger displacement. thats about the only place they are excelling at.

dump 5k into both cars and a mustang will be faster the a b16 sol in a 1/4 mile sure, but wtf cares?

and you can go ahead and officially mark me as the 3rd in this thread with personal experience of beating on mustangs in my del sol and all i do is drag race (not by choice) :p

ive tied a 94 cobra in the 1/8th on the street, both of us being lightly modded. beaten a few gt's.

to the comment that even a v6 mustang should beat a b16 del sol, thats just pure idiocy.

and one more thing, please tell my car insurance company that my del sol is not a sports car. thanks
A new v6 mustang runs about the same as a b16 sol, so its not idiocy. Older v6's would be mushed on by a b16 sol.

I'm sure if you ran the cobra a full 1/4mile you would have been walked just because of gearing.

Its funny that B is talking trash, yet after driving both a regular WRX thats chipped w/ 3inch exhaust with about 260hp to the flywheel and after driving a stock '03 GT they're comparable. The STi is obviously faster than the GT but it won't be faster than the new cobra and the new cobra should handle quite well, too.

AWD > RWD > FWD. B, you sold your car off for this fact, yet you're going to argue this point. Mustang is a better starting platform, therefore it should always come out ahead given equivalent mods.

Micah was about the only one here with a clue and atleast had the decency to admit that the trash talking that is going on here is due to the fact that this is a Honda board, as I noted before. If I go to a mustang forum, they're going to rip Hondas a part - hell if I go to any other board, they're going to rip hondas a part and its for good reason, they're meant to be economy cars not race cars.

Yet we repeatedly see these "sports cars" getting blasted on by "economy cars".

I know Hondas are going to be ripped apart on a Mustang board - Mustang owners have nothing better to do than bash what they don't understand.

I will agree that RWD with a V8 is definitely the ticket to going fast in a straight line, but the second you factor in cornering and the lackluster handling of late model mustangs, the tune changes.

RWD isn't better than FWD in all situations.

And I have an AWD Evo, whats your point? :shrug2:

You say it should, but thats just numbers. Things change when they're actually applied.

Quoted post[/post]]
RWD isn't better than FWD in all situations.

it is. by far.

except for maybe snow driving.

RWD will always be faster than a FWD car due to the limitations of the traction ciricle on a tire.

now, this is saying RWD civic vs FWD civic or FWD mustang VS rwd mustang. not to confuse the two.

Quoted post[/post]]
And I have an AWD Evo, whats your point? :shrug2:

You say it should, but thats just numbers. Things change when they're actually applied.

I bought an AWD car because i live in new england....

I bought mine cuz its FUN! :)

why do you say that?

an EF took 5th or 6th (i forget) in street mod nationals this past season... beating out countless m3's, sti's, evo's, and so on...

Because you're talking about something other than drag racing. The closest non-drag track is Portland International Raceway (4.5 hours away), and there are only about 4 months of the year that the weather permits its regular use. Even so, I'd have to get in with a car club and spend a bunch of money modifying the car.

Some people race them, and have fantastic luck. I choose to use it for it's original intent - an economy car.

Quoted post[/post]]

it is. by far.

except for maybe snow driving.

And when girls drive.

I cant beleive i read this whole thing.

The mustang would probably out handle a smaller car like B16's if it were to have independent rear suspension, but Ford never even designed the mustang for any feats of insanity beyond the 1320.

-> New2CarScene . . . . u are being cock slammed by digital ownage lol. Its funney.

he sounds like my buddy

"TEH VEE ATE CAN NEVAR LOSE TO A 4 BANGER!"
"THERES NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT; THEY WOULDNT SAY IT IF IT WASNT TRUE!"

that must be why my little honduh will beat on most cars.

2001 cobras have dully independent suspension with 320 crank hp NA :wink:

HOw well do they fare up against b16 and his sol? depends on the driver. That vid was badass, b16 rocks at teh roadcourse.

BTW Brian says that fwd sucks blah blah blah, but then goes to mention that fwd cars beat a lot of awd rwd cars? wtf mate?

Back