YAY...Boost Bitches.....And then DAMN

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
The good for the day

Ok well I make boost....a very noticeable amount of boost :D

I got my probation reduced from 2.5 years to 6 months[...SUPER YAY

I finished priming the hatchie.....:thumbsup:

Turbo actually has full boost at like 4k or so now

The bad

The piece of shit overheats

I have a garbage boost gauge that's completely inaccurate and is just garbage

it's not fast enough

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@May 10 2005, 10:13 PM
time for a bigger turbo
[post=497622]Quoted post[/post]​

Time for a new Car....lol :p

How big is the one you have now,.....What are you planning to get (TURBO) That is.....

i have an autometer one that reads up to 20psi ;) i hope you are planning on fixing the overheating issue before the "not fast enough" issue lol. time for a new radiator and fan!!!

The radiator is new. I HAVE to diconnect the fan because it will hit the o2 sensor, so it's time for a slim fan. Home Depot better not let me down...lol

found the overheating problem...i'll fix it today. The lower hose is leaking.

And it's some cheap ass boost guage, I got it practically for free. Time for a new one though, cause I think I'm getting about 6lbs now. But this fucker just decided to go from 0 and slowly just drop to about 2-3 hg and never go back up to 0 unless I'm in boost and it will go to 3 or so. Myabe it's just off, but that's not good enough. It also reads 28 hg at idle which can't be true.

t3 Airesearch, .42/.48.

After I fix this over heating problem. I think I may bring it to get tuned, and have it tuned for whatever the stock MAP sensor can handle or maybe just 10 psi or so.

i know...but the gauge is just trash...when the engine isn't running it reads like 3-4 Hg.

how much for your gauge allbottled?

Ok, I bought a slim fan..cheap as hell too 43 bucks. Mine was hitting the o2 sensor so it was completely useless.

Now...I got mad at mine and destroyed it pretty bad. Nobody would have bought it anyway. So my new question is the fan supposed to blow air at the radiator or pull the air away?

I tightened up the lower radiator hose.

I got most of it settled, the problems I have to address are:

-Fan

-Overheating.. (I'm not going to drive it without the fan and I have to run some new coolant line because I changed my mind and decided not to use the coolant passages for the turbo.

-I still can't rotate the center housing, even when I had it apart that was the only thing I couldn't "fix". I'm going to blow the seals again if I can't get the drain to face down. It's obviously backing up because it will smoke after a few minutes of idling.

sounds like a plan....

I had to piss some of my ricer neighbors off today though.

Brought the primered hatchie out, backed it up the driveway and let it sit there a good part of the day. I got A LOT of looks with people slowing down to peek at it, the charge pipes look kinda fucked up cause the driver side sits lower that the other. I think while I'm waiting for some parts I'll make some covers for the holes cause I don't like the way it looks.

Anyway back to the question..

Now...I got mad at mine and destroyed it pretty bad. Nobody would have bought it anyway. So my new question is the fan supposed to blow air at the radiator or pull the air away?

depends on your fan. if you have a pull type it will pull air through the radiator, and if you have a push fan it will blow air at your engine.

M

Back