Zex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The warmer keeps the nitrous from getting so cold that while your using it, it doesn't freeze parts of the system, it does nothing for bottle pressure. For bottle pressure, you want this Zex

As far as I know, the management unit in the ZEX kit doesn't help keep bottle pressure up. It just monitors the bottle pressure and adds fuel if the bottle pressure is high and takes away fuel when the bottle pressure is low. Give ZEX a call and maybe they can clarify more for you. Also, don't buy directly from ZEX, they charge more for their parts than what ZEX dealers charge.

The bottle warmer does do something for pressure. As you use the ntrous it gets colder. The pressure drops. The bottle warmer maintains bottle temperature, which keeps pressure from dropping.

The ZEX unit has no effect on bottle pressure, it does monitor it tho. And does exactly what you said as it monitors the pressure.

900psi is borderline. You don't want it to drop under 900psi. Idealy(sp?) you want it at or above 950psi, if possible 1000psi..
i read on ZEX site that you wnat it 900-950

and when you get the zex control box DO NOT wire it to the TPS,wire it to a switch/button

Bottle warmers do help increase bottle pressure a bit. Simple science really. Make it too hot and the bottle can't hold the pressure...kaboom!

The bottle warmer does do something for pressure. As you use the ntrous it gets colder. The pressure drops. The bottle warmer maintains bottle temperature, which keeps pressure from dropping.

The ZEX unit has no effect on bottle pressure, it does monitor it tho. And does exactly what you said as it monitors the pressure.
Hmm, maybe I read wrong then. Are you guys saying that the warmer will maintain the proper bottle pressure, or that it just helps a bit with bottle pressure and you'd still need a nitrous pressure regulator to keep the pressure fully maintained?

Hmm, maybe I read wrong then. Are you guys saying that the warmer will maintain the proper bottle pressure, or that it just helps a bit with bottle pressure and you'd still need a nitrous pressure regulator to keep the pressure fully maintained?

It just helps. You still need a regulator. Its just like you said, when your using nitrous it gets colder, theres nothin you can do to avoid it. But, you can counter it. Which is the job of the bottle warmer.

Holley Performance Products Nitrous Bottle Heater 14160NOS

Holley Performance Products Nitrous Bottle Blanket 14165NOS

Just to clarify, first link says 900-950 PSI is best.

It just helps. You still need a regulator. Its just like you said, when your using nitrous it gets colder, theres nothin you can do to avoid it. But, you can counter it. Which is the job of the bottle warmer.

Holley Performance Products Nitrous Bottle Heater*14160NOS

Holley Performance Products Nitrous Bottle Blanket*14165NOS

Just to clarify, first link says 900-950 PSI is best.
Ok gotcha. yeah ZEX says 950-1000psi... I suppose everyone has their preference but the same thing everyone is in agreement with is to not drop below 900psi.

You can get away without the regulator since your running the ZEX controler, but remember without the regulator your power numbers are gunna be fairly erratic, and if the controler malfunctions, your puttin your motor at pretty serious risk of damage.

Ok well should I just not buy the controller then and just be sure not to activate the n2o untill I get to like 3k rpm's, and let of the throttle at like 65k?

You should definitly get the controler. The only thing better than runnin that controler, is runnin that controler and a nitrous regulator.

k cool cool... man this nitrous project seems to be adding up in $$ fast...so far ive figured im gonna be spending about $850 for the whole thing not including install if I dont do myself

Back