00 si Stiff Throttle Help.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So at around what id say would be 7-10% throttle my gas peddle is kinda stiff and it takes some pressure to push it down which causes an annoying jerk. Im not sure if it would be just a dirty throttle body, or the throttle cable is too tight. Im gonna check the throttle body tomorrow but im worried that may not be it. is there anything else it could be?

Also I have motor mounts on the car which cause it to shake just alittle when idling but sometimes i notice a slightly different shake.. I could just be being paranoid and its just the mounts, but i was thinking that if theres a problem with the throttle cable being too tight when im idling my engine might not being breathing enough.

Any ideas would be appriciated.

So at around what id say would be 7-10% throttle my gas peddle is kinda stiff and it takes some pressure to push it down which causes an annoying jerk.

Any ideas would be appriciated.

The bushings for the throttle plate may need lube. You could try some wd-40 on the spring behind the throttle rotor and a couple small spritz's inside the tb on the throttle plate shaft. Try not to get any wd in fast idle and iacv holes in the tb(big holes on side). I always squirt a little into the throttle cable rubber boot where you would tighten the cable.

I checked it out and turns out it was being pinched by bracket. I just moved it up alittle so it sits on top of the reservoir. Thank you, it drives so much better now.

Back