1.5 V-tec, Or Plain 1.5

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hotboy445566

My question is what are the ups and downs of a 1.5 vtec, compared to a plain 1.5. Whichever one i get, it will be going into a 94 civic hatchback. Thanks a bunch for all the help.

They both suck

Get a REAL motor- gsr, b16a, ls, type r, h22

To answer your question though- the d15b7 is a POS and it has 102 hp. The jdm spec d15b is also a POS, but has a little more power at 130 hp.

ahahahahahah....

don't give him that much grief, some people are on a budget when doing swaps. but doesn't the hatch already come with a d15 non v-tec, and if its a si then you get the single overhead cam v-tec. so if ur gonna choose between the 2 go v-tec, at least its some what of an upgrade :rolleyes:

the si had the d16z6, a SOHC 1.6 liter vtec engine that basicly is a peice of shit, (I have a POS under my hood.) Dont do that swap, it is a waste of money and you will not be satisfide (sp?) Save up your money. If your on a budget get the B18B, lots of trq and not that expensive.

dude, if ur on a budget, dont get a 1.5l engine its a waist of money. Get a Sohc Vtec. or if u want a better engine go with a b18b. b18b will b about 1800 total. very inexpensive as swaps go, and will cost around the same as the lame 1.5L

im not saving up to get a swap, and if i was i would get a b-16 sir II. the reason i was asking is because i have my pick of a hb with a 1.5 v-tec, or a hb with jus a plain 1.5.

Originally posted by hotboy445566@Jan 12 2003, 09:59 PM
im not saving up to get a swap, and if i was i would get a b-16 sir II. the reason i was asking is because i have my pick of a hb with a 1.5 v-tec, or a hb with jus a plain 1.5.

Youre getting a car from japan? Thats the only place where the vtec 1.5 came in a car stock. And if the d15b is already been swapped in the car, dont buy that one cause the person who owned it is retarded.

Originally posted by SolReaver+Jan 13 2003, 04:10 AM-->
hotboy445566
@Jan 12 2003, 09:59 PM

Youre getting a car from japan? Thats the only place where the vtec 1.5 came in a car stock. And if the d15b is already been swapped in the car, dont buy that one cause the person who owned it is retarded.

No,the 92-95 vx in the states came with a vtec-e D15Z1,and the cx came with the non vtec D15B8.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jan 13 2003, 12:12 AM-->
Originally posted by SolReaver@Jan 13 2003, 04:10 AM
hotboy445566
@Jan 12 2003, 09:59 PM

No,the 92-95 vx in the states came with a vtec-e D15Z1,and the cx came with the non vtec D15B8.

oops, thanks for correcting that man!

I totally forgot about that one, but its as worthless as the rest of them :)

:D Unfortunatly your absolutely right about it being worthless.But because they are baseline,they are light and ready to be made into monsters :D

if your looking to buy one, the VX or the 1.5 Vtec is the best hatch to buy

a. because they are the lightest of all the hatches
b. they are pre-wired for VTEC (makes swaps much easier)
c. they already have a tach

if you are stuck between buying a vx and a non vx hatch for the same price, for sure go with the VX. The only other one that is great for swaps is the SI because it has VTEC and rear disc brakes, but they are heavier than anyother hatch

Back