12"Subs

What 12" subs would sound best in a 90 integra?

• 2 Polk Momo's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 Infinity Kappa Perfects

• 2 SoloBaric L7&#3

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Most companies that put out the sub also put out plans for the sub box and what dimensions you should use for the best sound out of the sub.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Mar 11 2003, 09:27 PM
My friends dad is vice president of Sun Fire in sales and marketing.

I don't think there's an automotive application to the Sunfire sub. :lol: It is very impressive though!

Do you think your buddy's dad could hook me up with Bob Carver for some amps at home? :lol: :lol: :lol:

low frequency gives deeper bass but youll need an crossfeed to keep higher frequencies out. If you want an even deeper thump get a bandpass style box. To get the best overall sound you have to expand your frequency range by getting very high freq tweeters, very low freq. sub, and a midrange that will overlap the tweeter's lowest frequency and the sub's highest frequency.
no point in getting the loudest speakers unless you are going to an SPL comp. Youll just end up buying even more speakers for a louder sound because you cant hear well.

i got a new kicker l5 in a kicker box that a friend just bought for 550
im selling for 300
also a zapco ag 750 that he bought for 650
im selling for 450
these are about a week old now

anyways i complete in db drag im one of the first guys to hit 150 dbs with just 1 12" sub and it sound good too!!!!
all the speaker u listed are good. what will make the different is the box
as for the w7s they dont handle 4000 watts they have coil problems now and are blowing up
the kicker squares use to have those same problems
but the have been corrected (it was because of cheap coil glue)
anyhow the l5 squares 12s are rated at 450 rms(guess what they can handle over 1000!!!
the new sl7 12s are rated at 750 rms i got two zapco 9.0s going to each speaker (thats 4000 rms )its been a year still haven blew one yet i think im going to sell my back ups (go to dbdragracing.com)

Originally posted by randerson165@Mar 11 2003, 08:29 PM
If you want a great speaker, go with a 12" Audiobahn Flame. They sound super good and you can get them for a great price. Don't trust your local Car Toys or big store like that, they will just spend your money for you. I know this guy that owns a stereo shop and he'll tell it how it is. He has a 28 watt system, that costs about $50 and it sounds better than a $600 setup from car toys. Also, not sure how many of you know this, but go ask some car toys guy how much a car stereo amp puts out. They will tell you 4x50 = 200 watts, a car stereo amp will only put out 12.5 watts, there is an exception for some pioneer, they will put out 22 watts. Also, unlike home stereo regulations regarding how many watts it puts out, there is no law about the amount they claim it puts out versus how much it really puts out. A company can claim there 2 channel amp puts out 1000 watts, but it may actually only put out 200 watts. Its always good to have a amp bench tested before you buy it to really see how many watts its putting out.

Eh.. no, i'm not paying the price for an average speaker that weighs 100 lbs b/c of the shitty chrome and flame design.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Mar 11 2003, 01:42 AM
plus the infinity kappa is well built, it is the longest lasting sub i have had, real thick rubber on it, and nice aluminum cone.

Try Image Dynamics. They look shitty, but you can stick your finger under the surround and pick it up and never have any problems. ID is one of the best SQ subs on the market. :thumbsup:

The infinity kappa pefects are crappily built. My buddies broke on him in 2 months after having it. They hit really low ..the sub itself wasnt really loud ..it just moved alot of air.

kickers are loud for the buck ..(they really do kick) but sound quality isnt really there but i believe the L7's sound quality improved over the rest of thier subs.

My personal preference is Orion HCCA subs. JL is also good

Originally posted by Bri94lst@Mar 12 2003, 06:13 AM
The infinity kappa pefects are crappily built. My buddies broke on him in 2 months after having it.  They hit really low ..the sub itself wasnt really loud ..it just moved alot of air.

kickers are loud for the buck ..(they really do kick)  but sound quality isnt really there but i believe the L7's sound quality improved over the rest of thier subs.

My personal preference is Orion HCCA  subs.  JL is also good

I agree, I hate infinity shit. a friend at his shop, he put his finger in the surround of a Kappa 10 and a ID-10 and the Kappa broke and he trashed it.

Kicker L7's can be made into SQ subs. Gary Biggs is running them and he has won many SQ champs using them.

Hcca subs are okay, but i hate the box size Orion suggests. Basically, a HUGE fucking box. I lost my book, but I believe the hcca 15" needed 24 or 27 cubic feet.

It all depends on what you want.. something that slams, or something that sounds good or something that does both.

A friend and I about 2 yrs ago hooked his 2 kicker comp vr 10's up to his 500a2 punch amp and it sounded really well (with some fine tuning).. never had it miced tho :( , but you could hear it about a residential block away with him coming to you and half or 3/4 block with his going by and that is good for a truck, where the subs are facing forward.

Its all in the box and how its setup. You can make cheap shit sound good. (2 comp vr's 160+ tax, amp was 350+ tax) brand new from local shop. :) and I built him the box for almost nothing.

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Mar 11 2003, 11:47 PM-->
MaaseyRacer
@Mar 11 2003, 01:42 AM
plus the infinity kappa is well built, it is the longest lasting sub i have had, real thick rubber on it, and nice aluminum cone.

Try Image Dynamics. They look shitty, but you can stick your finger under the surround and pick it up and never have any problems. ID is one of the best SQ subs on the market. :thumbsup:

ID rocks, if i did not get the deal on my infinity that i did i would have got the ID sub for sure...

Back