13" wheels on an Integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

number9

Anybody racing with 13" wheels on a non-ITR Integra?

give these guys a call.

Wilamette Custom, (503) 232-8141

they mke custom, CHEAP, wheels in anything you want for the most part. a lot of serious autox'ers use them

you might have a hard time clearing the caliper on the front with 13s... my stock 14"s have almost no clearance.

just a thougt

From what I'm finding out, it can be done. I know the Panasport C-8 wheel in 13" x 8.5 trim fits - at least the non-ITR. But they're pricey.

The next question is what spring rate will prevent the wider tires scraping the fender lip? I'm currently running 400f/300r linear on Bilstein HDs.

Yeah, that's the size I'd use if I go to a 13" wheel.

with that wide/small of a rim i will bet you will need a spacer to prevent rub....

maybe thats not what you were talking about...anyways spring rates and your tires scraping or rubbing dont really go together unless you are driving over some big bumps

Originally posted by 98integrals@Nov 5 2003, 10:21 PM
anyways spring rates and your tires scraping or rubbing dont really go together unless you are driving over some big bumps

Or cornering really really hard. ;)

you can try all you want, you will not be able to out corner your tire....

that is the limiting factor 99.9% of the time

ok i feel the need to jump in here for a sec....

Chip (number9) is not some n00b.... i know him from my local autoX club... he regularly pulls 1st place in his run group and has a few FTDs (fastest time of the day)... all done with a integra GS(?) (non VTEC model) with just an intake, suspension, and rims/tires... thats it

the man can drive VERY well

and a 245/45/13 will definatly stick out from the wheel wells a little (chet runs 235/45/13s and they stick out a little) under hard cornering it is quite easy for the upper lip of the fender to rub on the tire

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Nov 6 2003, 01:14 PM
ok i feel the need to jump in here for a sec....

E,

You can jump in any time you want!

I must admit, I was knocked down a few pegs in NJ a couple of weeks ago. They had a very competitive STS class. So we all have much to learn.

BTW, my integra is an RS (one notch below the LS), but still non-VTEC.

FYI, I'm communicating with a guy I met on honda-tech, and he's running with with 225/45/13 tires. He had fender rub issues and had to significantly increase his spring rates since, as E mentioned, the tires do indeed stick out a fair amount.

im sorry if i sounded like i was speaking down to someone. i didnt mean it to read like that. however, driving ability and stetting up the car well are 2 different things. im just giving my advice, nothing more ;) .

spring rates do help decrease rub to a point. beyond that point you may still gain turning capability, but there is a point at which your tires/the rest of the car (and might i add the driver) can not handle.

doing suspension one way because someone else did it that way is not always good. some people prefer differnet charateristics of a car that you may not like..

anyways going ot sorry

Originally posted by 98integrals@Nov 6 2003, 04:28 PM
im sorry if i sounded like i was speaking down to someone.

I didn't see it that way at all. No problem here. And 'E' is a good guy, so I don't think there's a problem there either.

Everything's cool. B)

Originally posted by number9@Nov 5 2003, 01:51 PM
Anybody racing with 13" wheels on a non-ITR Integra?

The Lenso VPD 13x7.5 with + 25 offset. will clear all integra(non-ITR) and all civic brakes. you dont need extended wheel studs to mount them either. as far as tire selection, ya the 235/45/13 are the popular size for this racing wheel.
or slicks.

Back