150 Lb/ft In A B18?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

saturn_boy96

88 C1V1C 53D4N DR1V3R
One of my goals with the Ls swap is to achieve from 150-160lb/ft of torque on the non-vtec head. Is it possible to do this while staying n/a?

cake.

a little more revs, a larger cam, and some better flow, and you will hit it.

stock is just under 130

Higher compression helps a lot with torque. If you know you are staying NA, high compression pistons are a great investment.

if i decided to go strictly N/A and used some b16 pistons what kind of #s could i be looking at power wise? and with a vtec head?

ehh.. its hard to say. you can't just throw the vtec head on it... so its really how you build it is what its going to yield

boost owns NA :)

yeah boost definately owns. but i plan on trying this thing out on the pro-solo circuit and i think if i can get around 220 whp with around 160 lb/ft ill own.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 31 2003, 05:12 PM
ehh.. its hard to say. you can't just throw the vtec head on it... so its really how you build it is what its going to yield

boost owns NA :)

b. he is talking about throwing b16 pistons in there not a VTEC head. I dont even know if they fit, but i am probally wrong with that. I would suggest looking at some non OEM pistons, something that has a high c-r, forged maybe.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Jan 31 2003, 05:10 PM
if i decided to go strictly N/A and used some b16 pistons what kind of #s could i be looking at power wise? and with a vtec head?

ummm ok, maybe i'm bling or can't read or something...
but to me, that clearly says vtec head

:)

Really there is no way to know. Every build is different. I don't think that B16 pistons and a VTEC head swap would get you to 220 whp though. You would need some other work done.

Back