1990 CRX Si D16A6 Head Sensor

Can anyone tell me what the sensor is that plugs into the head underneath of the distributor is? It has two wires i believe and is very small. The reason i ask is because the wire or wires broke when taking the head off the block for my rebuild. Thanks.

well i am doind a head swap to a y8 or a z6 to get vtec'ed so i was hoping it wasnt to serious

there are 3 coolant temp sensors on the engine - 2 on the end of the head below the distributor - one is for the temp gauge (green in the picture below) - it has a 1-wire connector with yellow/green stripe wire - one is for temp signal to the ECU (red in the picture below) - it has 2-wire connector with red/white stripe and green/white stripe wires - a problem with this sensor will cause a Check Engine Light with error code 6 - the 3rd sensor on the engine is for the cooling fan - on OBD0 engines, it is on the back of the block next to the oil filter (blue in picture below) and on OBD1 engines, it is on the thermostat housing - it has a 2-wire connector with black and yellow/green stripe wires

the white sensor in the picture is for the oil pressure

cooltempsensors.jpg

Last edited:
there are 3 coolant temp sensors on the engine - 2 on the end of the head below the distributor - one is for the temp gauge (green in the picture below) - it has a 1-wire connector with yellow/green stripe wire - one is for temp signal to the ECU (red in the picture below) - it has 2-wire connector with red/white stripe and green/white stripe wires - a problem with this sensor will cause a Check Engine Light with error code 6 - the 3rd sensor on the engine is for the cooling fan - on OBD0 engines, it is on the back of the block next to the oil filter (blue in picture below) and on OBD1 engines, it is on the thermostat housing - it has a 2-wire connector with black and yellow/green stripe wires

the white sensor in the picture is for the oil pressure
Thank you to who ever done this exactly what I was looking for