1993 Accord issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

986ci

Ok, 1st i'm new to the import scene I have a couple domestics in the garage and just got a great deal on a fixer uper, heres the deal, 1993 Honda Accord 10th anniversary, had a bad head gasket but ran fine but obviously got hot, so put a head gasket on it and drove it, occasionaly died on me, so took it back home did plug wires plugs and cap and rotor, still had an issue with running and now it was getting worse, would idle but the second you hit the gas it would die. Researched how to read the OBDI, and the CEL would ramain constant and not flash once I jumped the service connector, I checked the ohms off the 02 sensor and it read 0 ohms, I unplugged the sensor and jumped the service port again, no difference same constant CEL light, so am I correct that I have a bad 02 sensor that is keeping this thing from driving at all. I'm use to bad 02 sensors keeping the car from performing right, not keeping it from running at all. Am I missing something here?

bad o2 would still run, crappy, but would run.

don't drive or start the car with it jumped. it should just be for keyon purposes.

It sounds like a timing problem to me. Did you make sure you put the timing belt back on TDC and what not whaen you put the head on? is the cam 180-out?

bad o2 would still run, crappy, but would run.

don't drive or start the car with it jumped. it should just be for keyon purposes.

It sounds like a timing problem to me. Did you make sure you put the timing belt back on TDC and what not whaen you put the head on? is the cam 180-out?
The gear didn't move at all when I had the head off, so it went on exactly like it came off, and the car ran and drove fine after the head was reinstalled

Ok, so I just tried it again, the car starts but I paid attention to exactly what was going on, once it starts it has a somewhat suratic idle, then after a minute or several minutes it just dies. If i try to give it gas it will sometimes just die or buck and rev up like shit. The last time I started it (now being warmer) smooth idle, then after a fw minutes it just had a spuratic idle for a minute then died. A timing issue would not let this thing idle so smoothly right?

Back