1996 Accord H23a Bluetop

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Xanatos

Village Idiot
VIP
Time for a proper thread for this beast. My friend is moving to Cambodia, and can't take the car with him, and since I built it for him he offered it to me for 1k, which I couldn't say no to.

Basics...
96 Accord EX Sedan 5 Speed
266k on the chassis
H23a Bluetop VTEC motor with 40k miles on it since the install (still running like a champ)
Prelude SI Transmission (the one area I could look to upgrade potentially)
Stage 1 Exedy Clutch kit
Integra front seats
Megan headers, into a custom test pipe, into Megan catback exhaust.

It runs and drives beautifully, just a little play in the steering wheel that I'm pretty sure is tie rod related, and an exhaust rattle.

I have a set of Enkei RS5 wheels with low profile tires ready to go on it, and a cold air intake system as well. Main priority after that is going to be body and paint.

So today makes 1 week with the car. I like it a lot. Like, really a lot. I built this thing right. I don't know why none of my other projects turned out this good. it has a little slop in the steering, and idles high so those will be next on the chore list. I installed the CAI and fixed the exhaust rattle so far.

lol pull the swap out and sell it for $1k , put a stock f22 back in it and sell the car for $1500

Is the car not worth $2,500 as it sits? I mean, if you have to put another engine in it for $300-$500, you actually don't net as much.

Reactions: tab
Is the car not worth $2,500 as it sits? I mean, if you have to put another engine in it for $300-$500, you actually don't net as much.
meh here in the south you can buy a CB7 or a CD5 rustfree and swapped etc for 1000-1500, there are sooooooooo many here the swap would be only thing of value . But thats just here in Gawga , it would have to have like coilovers and nice wheels and working AC in gawga to touch 2k+

meh here in the south you can buy a CB7 or a CD5 rustfree and swapped etc for 1000-1500, there are sooooooooo many here the swap would be only thing of value . But thats just here in Gawga , it would have to have like coilovers and nice wheels and working AC in gawga to touch 2k+

Wow. I guess it's been a long time since I've shopped for a Honda. I just remember the days when everything was listed for $3200 and sold for $2500. lol

In my area the biggest thing is if it's clean and has A/C. A good paint job is honestly the difference between a 1500$ Honda and a 3000$ Honda

I believe the blue top H23's came in Accord SiR's. It's a DOHC VTEC.

Indeed. The 98-02 Accord specifically. So the pictures are on my phone and it says I don't have permission to upload

Ahhhh there we go.

20190514_191101.jpg
20190514_172822.jpg

P/S is gonna be a bit of a bear to figure out. A/c was the first priority. From what I've read, I can use a power steering bracket and pump from a 5th gen prelude but I'll have to get the end of the high pressure line switched over since the Accord and prelude pumps are different from what I've read.

When I did the swap on my 4th gen Accord, I took the two hoses to a hydraulic equipment shop, and had a custom hose made with the correct ends in the correct places.

One blown fuse, bad relay, and in cabin thermo sensor later and I could finally diagnose the compressor not working so the A/C system is nearly fixed.

Back