1998 Integra RS Build (B20z2)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You said you had problems installing the engine, right? You had to shim the transmission mount? Maybe the front end of the car is cock-eyed from a bad wreck; that misalignment could be causing all sorts of issues.

@hondarin That's a strong possibility. I read that CRV axles are slightly longer but the hub size is difference, I wonder if I could take a CRV shaft and mix it with the integra hubs and get a little extra length that might make it fit better

Got 5 people interested in looking in the car... unfortunately i went out of town so I couldn't show it. Any advice going forward for showing the car? Idk if my insurance would cover the car on a "Test drive" and idk i'd trust a random person... just need some basic guidance. thanks guys.

Let them drive but you ride along. If they want to open it up, find a spot with no traffic and give them a RPM limit they should not exceed.

Also, if you're doing the driving, you don't want to outright beat on it in front of a prospective buyer. Take off easy, roll into full throttle, don't bang off the Rev limiter, don't abuse the clutch.

@CAFROG That's solid advice I like it but I think ima try and see if i can drive to show it. If not that's the way to do it though.

@hondarin Yeah when I drive the car myself I never go too crazy on it on public roads if I wanna play around I usually shift first to second pretty normally and run 2nd gear out and drop it into 5th when im done to cruise. It's a convincing little car from 5k-6.5k rpms I feel like I'd want to show that off

On the bright side it seems to like the new axle this one just seemed to fit a little better than the last one

Back