2006 National HondaSwap meet.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Whats this all aboot?

A meet?

Well, since I'll probably be the only Canadian attending, I'm in!

New York would be closer for me, so that's what I'm hoping for, but whatever you guys decide on. As long as it's within a 8 hour drive from Toronto, then I'm cool driving the hatch. New york City is 6H from Toronto.

If I'm driving that far though, there's no way I'm going lapping. Last thing I need is a $647373238377482738 towing fee back to TO incase something breaks.

Or you all could just come up to Toronto. Cheap amazing beer, amazing women and lots of them, we have drag x2, Auto-X, indoor and outdoor go-carts (the real ones), the best nightclubs in North America, and you guys get to buy a Canadian dollar for $0.77. There's no reason not to have it here ;)

But ya, count one Canadian in.

there's only one reason i'm going to toronto... and trust me, its not to hang out with a bunch of guys and cars :p

but anyway, yeah, that just makes the drive THAT much longer for EVERYONE else.

i still think pa is a good area. not too bad for the NE/mid-atlantic folks, and the further people away could take a half-day off their trip.

maybe we should have an amish bash? lol

look in here for a resort and give me the contract numbers and i can book the stay and negotiate a price with them...the pices seem high but most of these people will give them away

click me

BTW...its just a suggestion

I'd be in for PA. Nice and close.

B, don't worry buddy, you ever come up to Toronto, I'll hook you up with some broads. This is why I love my City :p

i may just have to head up there one of these days. crash out with you, meet up with _____.... but who knows. thats a different thread.

formby, went through that site, not 1 listed for NE PA. lol

I can be the land line in PA is you guys need it. But tornoto is really awesome!!!!11
Both seem like great ideas. I want to try to make it regardless of where it is though.

well, lets get a list of what needs to be had:

#1- all of us won't be over 21. its just not going to happen. There fore anything relating to drinking, bars, clubs, etc is probably out of the question. If a group of aged members want to go out one night on their own, thats fine, but it will not be a part of the "event"

#2- some of us aren't allowed to leave the country due to warrants *cough* bryan *cough* or other reasons-- and more so, if theres someone under 18, i think you need parental persmission or some wavier shit-- in other words, a huge hassel at the border. Especially now, with tightened security. So, i think Toronto is out of the question. I think it would be a fun place, but realistically, for a first meet ever, i think we're better off having it in the states. Northeast PA is good, because its pretty rural, yet still stuff to do, and its close/central to a LOT of people.

#3- racing/event is out of the question i think. Too much liability, and if people break stuff, its a LONG tow home.

How long? I'm thinking 4 days-ish.

wed drive out, thurs/fri/sat do stuff, sun drive home.

any more than that is just too much time off work for a lot of people, including myself. any less, and there won't be time to do anything or actually get to know any one.

I'm a bitch, and need a shower. I think camping is out of the question unless its a REALLY nice ass camp ground with full facilities that don't suck. and then, all our loud cars rolling through the camp ground might not be something we want to get ourselves into, seeing as a lot of parks/campgrounds are state owned. but, it would be a LOT cheaper- probably 60/night dropped to 10/ a night. its definitely an option. But, if it rains, life will suck. :(

so, NE pa folks... what is there to do that will accomodate a large group of people with a large group of cars that we would all be interested in?

go-karts is def a plus. the real ones that they make you wear a helmet for. the 15mph pussy karts are better off burned.

some kind of car show? i dunno... maybe we can hold an event that saturday and be there as one big group... or hold our own little thing where we park and shoot the shit? i dunno..

throw out some ideas guys!

so, NE pa folks

Interesting.....
Its even closer to me...cool.

By the way, if we do figure out where we are going to meet up, and everything is all set and everyone agree's with the location, around what Date will this meeting take place....?

July or AUg 2006 i think was the time everyone was thinking. Let me look around and get deffinents on everything to do around here.

yeah, as of now, its slated for late july/early august.

can't be during school year, cuz a lot of college kids can't miss 3 days of class and so on...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 7 2005, 11:08 PM
yeah, as of now, its slated for late july/early august.

can't be during school year, cuz a lot of college kids can't miss 3 days of class and so on...
[post=522412]Quoted post[/post]​

i probably would. haha

4 days is too long to get people out there. Thursday the week people will get bored.
Niagara is 3 days, unofficially. Friday is a show-up day, Saturday for partying, Sunday for the show. I didn't like that, because people were leaving at noon to get home to work.

Friday night show up / check in is nice for that size of crowd (Shit, it was necessary to get a spot in the action) but the first 1, 2 and 3 meets simply won't be that large. This meet will probably wind up with 20 cars to be called a raving success. Seriously. Even N1 was 10 cars.

A saturday show date / party night keeps the continuinty going, Sunday recover / go home. Friday arrivals for out-of-staters. If I (or anyone) needs to be part of the organization of the event, we need to be the first ones in, last ones out. I simply can't be there for 4 days.

Pennsylvania is a nice common ground - At least we (as New England organizers) are making the effort to make the trip as well. So I'm all about the Pennsylvania location.

Events are nice, but for a 4 day thing. When it comes to meets like this (Even the Las Vegas SOGI invade was a single event) things get out of hand. With a meet of over 10 cars you can't even do a cruise. If go-karts are there, I'm sure we'll take advantage of them for funny pics and stories - But to put it in a "theme park" type of itinerary, no one will take advantage of anything being offered.

At Seven Springs the only thing that is kinda neat and story-worthy is the alpine slide. It's a 20 minute adventure that sidelines you from the group for a bit. But events that take you away from the actual meet for most of the day will ensure that people show up, get into cliques and do their own thing until it's time to leave. And that would suck.

Bars are a NO GO. We're a crazy bunch of assholes.

Cruises aren't even that great of a plan. I had a twisty, turny drift road for the Penna meet and it didn't go so well. Supra meets sometimes had Police - Sometimes to hold traffic, sometimes to arrest all of us.

If we can get people into ONE area for 24 hours, it will be a success. Combine that with a brief break in the action for 1 event (Like, hey lets go, 10 by 10, to the karting track and come back and get loaded) may work, but with lots to do, people won't be there together for the meet and greet.

If the event is as much of a success as I think it will be, then we'll make multi-day events part of the future. But for the first one there is a learning curve - And if we work outside of the curve it will fail (Like NE Supra events) I say weekend, on-site and "Keep It Simple and Together". Picking smaller goals makes success all the more probable.

->S

sounds like a church function.......i need beer or liq (not to have fun but to loosen up) any one over 21 shgould be able to drink at a bar or pub..or we can rent a place to hold the meet and greet
..and i would like a drag day.....drag is safer than auto x..but i doubt it will happen...i'm cool with that

btw i'm just shooting stuff in there dont get me wrong...

im sure there will be plenty of time in a 4 day event to find a nice secluded road ;)

and id imagine there would be alot more then 10 cars there. with how many years this site has been running and how many members are dedicated to it. i mean its been up for like 4 years and we are just now having the first offical meet.

hey holy shit, it could be like a 5yr anniversary bash.

4 days is too long to get people out there. Thursday the week people will get bored.
Niagara is 3 days, unofficially. Friday is a show-up day, Saturday for partying, Sunday for the show. I didn't like that, because people were leaving at noon to get home to work.

exactly. i want the first and last days to be nothing but hello and good bye. thats why i said thursday arrive, sunday leave. you have to rememeber that some folks will be driving from colorado it seems! so, we need to give them time to get here and get home without missing anything "important"

Friday night show up / check in is nice for that size of crowd (Shit, it was necessary to get a spot in the action) but the first 1, 2 and 3 meets simply won't be that large. This meet will probably wind up with 20 cars to be called a raving success. Seriously. Even N1 was 10 cars.

i think we'll easily be able to top that. we'll probably have 10 cars from US alone. lol

A saturday show date / party night keeps the continuinty going, Sunday recover / go home. Friday arrivals for out-of-staters. If I (or anyone) needs to be part of the organization of the event, we need to be the first ones in, last ones out. I simply can't be there for 4 days.

understandable. i'd be the main contact anyway... so, i'll be the first in and the last out. you wouldn't have to be there if you couldn't make the first day or had to leave early...

Pennsylvania is a nice common ground - At least we (as New England organizers) are making the effort to make the trip as well. So I'm all about the Pennsylvania location.

yeah- i agree. its middle of a lot of states within 8 hours drive.... and its a nice area for the most part.

Events are nice, but for a 4 day thing. When it comes to meets like this (Even the Las Vegas SOGI invade was a single event) things get out of hand. With a meet of over 10 cars you can't even do a cruise. If go-karts are there, I'm sure we'll take advantage of them for funny pics and stories - But to put it in a "theme park" type of itinerary, no one will take advantage of anything being offered.

so, you're saying if we have a bunch of events and such, that no one will do them? they will just stay back at "camp" and sleep?

At Seven Springs the only thing that is kinda neat and story-worthy is the alpine slide. It's a 20 minute adventure that sidelines you from the group for a bit. But events that take you away from the actual meet for most of the day will ensure that people show up, get into cliques and do their own thing until it's time to leave. And that would suck.

if only they had a timer on the slide :p

Bars are a NO GO. We're a crazy bunch of assholes.

werd- there will be no organized event of this kind. but like i said, if some people want to go out, theres nothing i can do to stop them. i'm not their mother.

however, anyone acting like a drunk asshole will be asked to leave the event.

and thats another thing.

this event will be for MATURE people only.

anyone revving, burning out, driving like an asshole, or anything of the ricing nature, will be asked to leave on the spot. I have ZERO tolerence for this type of shit.

Cruises aren't even that great of a plan. I had a twisty, turny drift road for the Penna meet and it didn't go so well. Supra meets sometimes had Police - Sometimes to hold traffic, sometimes to arrest all of us.

yeah, especailly on roads no one knows. besides, we all drove so many miles to get there... i don't think too many people are going to want to drive around all day...

If we can get people into ONE area for 24 hours, it will be a success. Combine that with a brief break in the action for 1 event (Like, hey lets go, 10 by 10, to the karting track and come back and get loaded) may work, but with lots to do, people won't be there together for the meet and greet.

perhaps on the 2nd day then? or, if the campground is 2 min down the road from the karts-- that would be ideal.

If the event is as much of a success as I think it will be, then we'll make multi-day events part of the future. But for the first one there is a learning curve - And if we work outside of the curve it will fail (Like NE Supra events) I say weekend, on-site and "Keep It Simple and Together". Picking smaller goals makes success all the more probable.

let's not get ahead of our selves now. 2007 meet comes AFTER the 2006 one actually gets held. lol

sounds like a church function.......i need beer or liq (not to have fun but to loosen up) any one over 21 shgould be able to drink at a bar or pub..or we can rent a place to hold the meet and greet

like i said, i can't stop anyone from leaving and doing their own thing-- but you best be leaving with a designated driver. I won't tolerate that.
last thing i need is to get hasseled by cops because one of you got loaded and dui'ed.

..and i would like a drag day.....drag is safer than auto x..but i doubt it will happen...i'm cool with that

hardly... but if you think so :p

i just don't see it being a viable option. I bet 80% of the board doesn't even have an approved helmet.

btw i'm just shooting stuff in there dont get me wrong...
[post=522635]Quoted post[/post]​

ideas are good... keep 'em coming.

god damnit i suck at multi quotes.

AND THEY ALL PAIR UP!!! WTF

i hate quotes.

Back