2006 National HondaSwap meet.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lmao

maybe theres a badass concert or something we could schedule around and all go to.
warped tour, ozzfest, something like that

i think it will be too far in the future to know for sure when we need to book. usually concerts aren't made that fatr ahead

well yeah now, but i mean if your planning on giving 3-5 month notice on an official date then that should be close enough.

i dunno just think it would be cool

gonna need WAY more time than that. if we don't have shit booked by september, thiprobably isn't going to happen for 2006.

Booking events like a show or some multi-houred thing is going to guarantee that people are in one of two places: They are at the event, or they are at the meet. We want people at the meet.

-> Steve

hey i was thinkin, if i drive all the way from San Deigo, i wanna go to maine, just to say i drove all the way across the country. i dont know shit about the east coast, so is that far from where the meet will be? if its more than a days drive forget it, but i just thought itd be cool.

well, its about 3.5 hours from me in ct to southern maine....

and about 2 hours to NE pa. so its about 5 hours from the cloest corners of the 2 two states.

That's REAL conservative. It took me, at the speed limit, 5 hours to get to Maine. I went up 91 to 2 across to something out of Boston and woke up at the border.

-> Steve

Seven Springs from us is 5 hours high-tailing it. Like, 90 the whole way.

like i said, i can't stop anyone from leaving and doing their own thing-- but you best be leaving with a designated driver. I won't tolerate that.
last thing i need is to get hasseled by cops because one of you got loaded and dui'ed.

clck me
i looked at mapquest and it looks like a straight shot would be about 3k miles. now what was everyone talking about the west coasters meeting up in colorado or something?

Originally posted by senate_9427@Jul 8 2005, 02:01 PM
clck me
i looked at mapquest and it looks like a straight shot would be about 3k miles. now what was everyone talking about the west coasters meeting up in colorado or something?
[post=522807]Quoted post[/post]​

Hmm, west coast meet, midwest meet, east coast meet, link the 3 with a videoconference! :)

Originally posted by senate_9427@Jul 8 2005, 12:01 PM
clck me
[post=522807]Quoted post[/post]​

Goddamn, just reading those directions makes me go insane! That is quite the distance. Guess mine would be pretty similar :\

I talked to the people at the track tonight, Beaver Springs Dragway, and talks to them we could have all saturday for some type of event or just track rental for $300 for 3 hours and ten cars + $30 per car after that. also we get free camping at the track all weekend. every week they have $20 friday night street racing, and sunday they usually run IHRA, anyone is welcome to participate in either of those as long as you pay your way.

Oh yeah, we could also host a sport compact shoot out or somthing like that too, if we wanted.

Errm...I work at a hotel. If you go somewhere and ask about reserving 40-50+ rooms, they'll cream their pants. Especially for early august like that. Probably 50-60 bucks a room in a nicer hotel.

I have family in CT. I could stay with them. A couple folks could crash at my grammas if they like/don't mind cats...

Racing is out. Who's gonna drive cross country and then be beating the crap out of their only mode of transport home? Not me.

3 days sounds about right. 4 is too long, I'd probably have trouble getting 2 or 3 days off work. People have too much shit going on most of the time. Especially to drive states away to hang out with internet car forum friends.

The amusement park idea sounds kinda lame. It'd feel like a field trip or something. We could all have Hondaswap.com t-shirts and arm bands and chaperones and shit! No...Although six flags could be fun. I think it's way expensive though. I forgot what summer is like up there. Would it be hot enough for a water park? Oh shit!...nevermind. I just pictured the next flag day chop of B sunburnt as hell with blue zinc on his nose. I'm gonna be sick... :puke: Maybe the waterpark idea isn't so great.

If there is a concert or something, that'd be cool. Not as personal as camping out in the woods. (Insert dueling banjo music here) Do the members here even know how to camp or have tents?

A meet sounds like fun. I'm actually going to visit family in Feb., so I'll be in CT then. I'm not sure if I'm in though. That's a long drive and I'm poor so I don't know how finances will be looking.

Edit: I couldn't resist. I know it's stupid, but I had a vision...it looked somewhat like that except B weighed more. Reminds me of something off homestarrunner.com. Well...the voice I made as I was reading it in my head. Ehh...yeah it's really dumb. Sorry.
gallery_17749_336_17888.jpg

A concert is wasting at least 4 hours time looking at a band and yelling stupid shit at each other ("This is a great band!""What?!""I said this is a great band!!""What?""I SLEPT WITH YOUR SISTER LAST NIGHT!""Yeah!" )instead of partying with friends and checking out swaps.

3 days is pretty ok.. As far a motel, hey - You should be on your own there. The camping thing turned out to be awesome anyway.

-> Steve

Plus, you can drink with friends and get wasted... then stumble to a tent and pass out. Except for those people at N that pass out on the dirt road, grass, in the bushes, the fire pit, the hoods of their cars.....

So have we narrowed down a spcecific city in PA yet? My drive ranges anywhere from 3 hours, to 7 hours in that bloody state. I vote for something in North PA :lol:

Back